Manava Suite Resort Tahiti
Pension de la Plage Tahiti(Punaauia)(Great Value!)
$96
  • Pool
Pension Te Miti(Punaauia)(Great Value!)
$72
$264
$194
LeMeridien.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $253/night.

$393
$180
$172
$301
1,683 results
All reviewsinfinity poolgarden suitebora borafrench polynesiaswim up barblue bananasmall kitchenstandard roomshort stayseparate toiletgreat poolour honeymoonfull kitchenhotel restaurantother islandslagoon viewnew zealand
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Despite the rains - it was the rainy season after all - I enjoyed my stay at the Manava Suite Resort. The room was very spacious and lovely. Questions about the AC and TV were dealt with promptly by technicians sent to my room who were polite and professional. The pool was a big draw for me and I took advantage of it whenever the sun peeped out. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to relax before a long flight home or unwind after sightseeing. There were Tahitian families on vacation here as well. I only ate in the restaurant once. Like most places it's expensive and the food is only so-so, but it was a nice break from eating in my room. The little grocery store down the street provided basics, such as baguettes, juice and sandwich meat. I'd stay at the Manava again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a standard room rather than a suite. It was on the front road but there was little if any traffic noise. I'd stay ther again.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed at the Manava on our way to Moorea, it was booked through our travel agent at Tahiti vacations, so I am not sure about the price. The pools are great, we enjoyed an evening swim, nice setting! We ate at the roulottes, which were a short walk up the road, popular with the locals and very good value! Yummy Pizza!

Room Tip: Don't choose a standard room facing the main road, as it is quite noisy.
Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The hotel was a stopover onroute to Bora Bora, lovely hotel, very impressed when we woke up from our very early morning flight arrival to the view from our room of the ocean!. There was a little issue when we arrived as they had us in their system as arriving the following day. We booked online and I gave our flight details for the reservation but they must have made an error on the date (I've been in the travel industry for over 10yrs so I know the importance of correct dates). However after a short while they had us sorted and upgraded us which was great. It's a lovely place to stay and I highly recommend it as a stopover.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed for nine nites at the Manava for our 25th anniversary! We may have been the longest staying guests and one of the few americans, but it was all good. Relaxed hotel. Being out on the motu/dock beach made up for no beach in front of the hotel. We swam every day in the blue lagoon despite the strong currents. Colorful fish and and sea snakes in the shallow waters lapping near the hotel. Beautiful sunsets over Moorea evey nite from the infnity pool and our balcony. Renting a car for a few days and a day trip to Moorea added to it. Loved walking the quiet neighbohoods and eating at the many nearby roulottes(Sunset's pizza is the best!) and getting take out at the local markets and the not that far away Carrefour. Enjoyed being on the big island where we could get both lots of quiet tahiti moments as well as neighborhoods where local folk live, and the nearby little city of Papeete.The service was friendly and attentive. Room was great- used our kitchenette every day. Only french and local satellite TV- but who cared! Maururu Manava...

Room Tip: spend the extra money to get a lagoon balcony
1  Thank bendersimon
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We spent 3 days at Manava and had a wonderful time. The staff were all extremely helpful to us English-speaking first-time visitors.The food was very good in both the Bar and the dining room. We especially appreciated the Bistro menu as a cheaper option for dinner. The pool was delightful and we enjoyed watching the changing weather over Moorea. The room was very comfortable and the garden suite with kitchenette was spacious and well appointed. One thing to note: Sundays are very quiet and most shops are closed, which isn't a problem if all you want to do is relax and lounge around the pool. You will hear a lot of French being spoken in Tahiti, obviously, but you can usually find someone who does speak English to help you.

Room Tip: A suite will give you more space than a studio and our corner garden studio had a glimpse of the ocean from the bedroom window. If you want a true ocean view then ask for a pool/lagoon view room. It may be worth the little extra.