We stayed at this hotel for 3 days before a cruise and then had a day room there after the cruise.
Enjoyed the hotel. The grounds are lovely, the infinity pool is superb with a small man-made beach that leads into the pool and the view of Moorea is spectacular. Although there were a few things that were a bother, in general our stay was enjoyable and we would stay there again.
- Unique rooms, most are different layouts. They are very comfortable and clean.
- Great view of Moorea and the sunsets from the lagoon view suites.
- The staff were very helpful and friendly in the main hotel. On both stays we asked for an extension to our check-out and received it, no hassle, no charge. Then they stored our luggage
after checkout on the last night as we had a late night flight home.
- On the day we left to join our cruise it poured with rain. The front desk got us plastic raincoats at no charge. Very helpful.
- The room phones weren't working so we couldn't contact front desk or other rooms. From what I have read on this site they have been out since at least August. I don't know if this is the fault of the phone company or the hotel but it was most inconvenient.
- The air conditioning only works when you are in the suite with both front & back doors locked. So it was off most of the day and only worked at night. Not very comfortable in hot Tahiti.
-There were no English TV channels at all....but we really didn't go to Tahiti to watch TV!
- We found the staff in the restaurant brisk and unfriendly at night. We also ate there after we checked out on the last night and found they would only take payment in CPF. Odd since the front desk exchanges currency no problem!
Outside the hotel:
- We ate at the Roulottes one night and they were good. Very busy on a weekend. The food servings were huge and the prices were low. Pay in CPF. Beware at sunset if there's no wind because flying insects ivade and make it unbearable. However, they only last for about 15 minutes.
- There is a convenience store 5 minute walk from the hotel. They have a good variety of food that you can prepare in your suite. Soda and beer, wine, alcohol.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti promises to be the premier Papeete resort for business and leisure travelers alike, offering 121 guest rooms ranging from rooms to multi-bedroom duplex suites and Manava Suites. Consistent with the South Pacific Management portfolio and decorated by Tahitian architect/designer Bruno Hervochon, all guestrooms will reflect authentic Polynesian décor, while still offering contemporary amenities and the comfort of home. With state-of-the-art technology and in-suite kitchen quarters, each room offer a luxurious, well-appointed home base for travelers of all kinds, from business travelers staying for a week, to leisure travelers en route to the outer islands. The resort encompasses five separate buildings, with the first housing the reception area, restaurant, meeting rooms and 12 guest rooms, and the additional four housing 109 suites on 3 floors. In addition, the resort features two bars, a restaurant, a fitness centre, a spa & beauty centre and the island’s largest infinity swimming pool facing the lagoon and nearby island of Moorea. The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti is located in the island’s northwestern region, in the community of Punaauia, conveniently located five minutes from Faa’a International Airport and ten minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Manava Suite Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Hotel Punaauia
- Manava Suite Hotel Tahiti
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Punaauia