“Excellent Meal in a Suprising Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Abiquiu

Cafe Abiquiu
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Abiquiu
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Café Abiquiu offers local beers, wines & nouveau Northern New Mexico dishes.
Arroyo Seco, New Mexico
“Excellent Meal in a Suprising Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

On our way back from Chaco Canyon we stopped at Abiquiu and were surprised to find this wonderful restaurant with delightful atmosphere and such wonderful dishes as trout tacos and unique regional cuisine. Would make the special trip back just to enjoy a meal here.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ben W, General Manager at Cafe Abiquiu, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
The trout tacos are one of my favorite! I am glad you enjoyed your experience at Café Abiquiu after a day of exploration! I hope we see you again soon, there is so much to explore up this way!

Ben Wallace
Innkeeper

Maryville, Tennessee
“Maybe I ordered wrong”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Came in for dinner before the Georgia O'Keffee tour because there just aren't many options in Abiquiu. We ordered a cheese and chicken enchilada. The food came out quickly but the chicken enchilada was swimming in grease. I thought the cheese enchilada would but it wasn't. Service was nice and quick. Not sure if I'd eat here again.

Thank you for joining us at the Café. We are confused and concerned about your experience. We are looking into how this dish is prepared to ensure there is not a grease issue. Please let me know if you return to the Inn, I would love to share the changes we make with you and get your feedback.

Thanks again for brining this to our attention.

Ben Wallace
Innkeeper
Tucson, Arizona
“Good Food, Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We ate twice at the restaurant at the Abiquiu Inn (I believe this is the same as Café Abiquiu). Very good food with a New Mexican flavor. Service and prices were both very good. We'll return the next time we are in the area!

Visited July 2014
Houston, Texas
“Good food in a relaxing atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed at the Abiquiu Inn while exploring the area and ate in the dining room for two dinners and two breakfasts. All meals were fresh, delicious and the service was nicely timed, not at all rushed. We enjoyed the pinon pancakes, the trout, salmon and the tamale cake Napolean.

Visited June 2014
Jefferson County, CO
“Ambiance Good, Food OK+”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Not a lot of options around Abiquiu so we tried the Cafe Abiquiu in the Inn.

Wife had the strawberry salad and it was quite good, similar to the version she makes at home. I opted for the green chile cheeseburger. For starters, I didn't notice until I left that the green chile had been totally omitted! On top of that, they were out of fries. And lastly, although the burger was decent, it was unmemorable. Pinto beans were a boring back up to the MIA fries.

Our group tried to fill the carb gap by ordering chips and salsa and again, they were good but not great.

All in all, I would be inclined to award three stars for food but I will boost to four in recognition of the attractiveness of the facility and patio. Don't make this a destination but you will do OK if this is your choice.

• Visited July 2014