“Loved it! A must for O'Keefe fans.”
Review of Ghost Ranch

Ghost Ranch
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Abiquiu
More attraction details
Owner description: In a land of shifting light, boundless skies and fused culture, the 21,000 acre Ghost Ranch Education and Retreat Center in northern New Mexico is a place for renewal and retreat. The towering rock walls and vivid colors hold a hypnotic power. This is O’Keeffe Country.Visitors to Ghost Ranch will feel they’ve stepped back in time to days before the bells and whistles of technology vied relentlessly for our attention. People from all over the world come for spiritual development, to discuss issues of peace and justice, to work together in creation care, to paint, write poetry, to hike, ride horseback, to research globally renowned archaeological and fossil quarries… or simply to rest and renew their spirits. With over 300 courses each year, Ghost Ranch provides affordable ways to enrich your mind, body and soul.Available for overnight lodging as well, Ghost Ranch offers rustic , yet comfortable accomodations at a variety of price ranges to fit your budget. Our campground is open mid-May through early October.The Georgia O’Keeffe at Ghost Ranch Landscape Tour brings guests to a restricted area of the ranch to the scenes and actual locations of O’Keeffe’s paintings. O’Keeffe Landscape Tours are available mid-March through late-November. Reservations are required.
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Visited in March, 2010. Did the Georgia O'Keefe tour. Scenery is breathtaking! You can see the actual views she painted. Only drawback, in spring it is muddy! Bring hiking boots. And you can't actually go inside her house, it's private property. But the tour guide gives you the whole history of her life at Ghost Ranch, it's fascinating.

3  Thank dearedwina

Reviewed July 15, 2010

We went out here for a day trip from Santa Fe. Well worth the 1.5 hour drive each way! I can understand how Georgia O'Keefe got her inspiration from the awesome landscape. We went on the O'Keefe landscape tour. We went by mini bus into the reaches of the ranch where the knowledgeable guide would talk to us about the landscape and significance to O'Keefe at length outside of the bus at each stop. This was my first trip to the Southwest, and this landscape will keep me coming back!

2  Thank Travel4Fun_DC
Reviewed March 19, 2010

We stayed at Ghost Ranch just north of Abiquiu, NM, and it was wonderful. Our room was in the building called Coyote, a new building up on the mesa. We had 360 degree views of the stunning red rock country of New Mexico. Our room had a small living room and a separate bedroom and bath. Down the breezeway was a common room with a huge fireplace. Some other guests had built a roaring fire, and we enjoyed a nice conversation and glass of wine with them. Our breakfast in the dining hall was fine, and the staff could not have been more welcoming. ALSO, I also HIGHLY RECOMMEND GHOST RANCH IN SANTA FE. It's only 3 blocks from the plaza, and also has the friendliest staff ever. Great bargain, super location.

2  Thank JosiahVinson
Reviewed January 16, 2010

Not to sound rude, but I'm just trying to be honest: This was the worst museum I have ever been to. We drove forever to get there and were so disappointed. It had horrible displays and smelled like dead animals.

3  Thank auxi92
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Beautiful setting, but accomodations have not been updated for decades. Linens were stained and torn. Reservation for a private room made 5 months in advance was not honored. Had to share a bathroom with the couple in the next room. Man had to urinate frequently in the night and missed the bowl! When I used the bathroom, in the middle of the night, my pajama bottom touched his puddle. I was totally grossed out with his urine on my clothes, my leg, and the bed sheets. Nothing much I could do about it at 3:30am.

13  Thank Phyllis R

Been to Ghost Ranch? Share your experiences!