“Good place to eat and get a few groceries.”

Bode's General Merchandise
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Abiquiu
Cuisines: Mexican
Dallas
“Good place to eat and get a few groceries.”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The food here is very good and is popular with the locals as well as us tourists. The green chili burger is great. The store really is a "general" store and is a great place. Plenty of groceries to pick from in my opinion, but you are in a small town in the high desert.

If you are picky or want a big brand selection you might want to pick some stuff, but Bode's worked great for us. They also have charcoal, fishing stuff, etc. etc....

• Visited May 2013

California
“Has everything I think”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I couldn't believe the range of goods at this place and some very interesting stuff too. I don't think I'd have lunch at the cafe but as a general store and gifty type stuff it has it all in a somewhat remote area.

Visited May 2013
New Mexico
“How about some hardware with that burger?”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

As the name suggests, Bode's is an old-school general merchandise store with little restaurant along the northwest corner of the building; the remainder offers everything from fishing tackle to knives to beer to enamelware menudo pots. Seating limited to about a dozen people, but this is more than offset by the fact that all the items on their menu are custom-prepared on the spot. Early morning arrivals queue up for breakfast burritos (eggs, cheese, bacon/chorizo), while the mid-day folks go after the green chili burgers. It's social hotspot of the valley and the locals will definitely give you their opinions about anything you ask about . . even if you don't ask. A fun place to visit always

Visited April 2013
2 Thank puckerstoppled
Denver, Colorado, United States
“The last general store in America”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This place took be back to my childhood when you could buy a grape Nehi, a fishing license, charcoal and a plastic bouncing Jesus dashboard figurine all in the same store. Oh and they serve up a pretty nice lunch too! I had the BLT with turkey and avocado thrown in since I wasn't up for the green chile cheeseburger. Good stuff! And we bought some righteous groceries for later, along with some local wine and some imported beer. Bodes is the beating heart of Abiquiu.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Kristin M
“Not impressed”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I had there green chile chesse burger....... it was good till I saw a long hair on my burger grossed me out....... I vomited

1 Thank daboss505