Volivoli resort presented itself well. The gardens were immaculate, the views were fantastic, however there were some things which could be changed.
Firstly, upon arriving we asked Nick about organising a fishing charter as we had read good things before our trip. The next day Nick spoke to us and said he'd get back to us ( a common theme with the staff ), which he never did. We ended up arranging this ourselves and once on the charter we were told we would be going trawling. Upon not catching anything and driving aimlessly for about 3 hours with Bob, he then suggested we throw some lines out. He then pointed out there was only 1 line for the 4 of us on the charter to share. Considering we were charged 1000FJD for 4 hours out on the boat, we would have expected a line each. Very poor.
Also, the food was disappointing. The best thing we ate was hot chips. There is no where else to go for food if you stay at Voli Voli, so something to be very aware of. Cocktails were 25FJD each, and 'happy hour', saw the price come down to $24 FJD, or $1 off a basic spirit or beer.
One thing which did exceed our expectations was the local Fijian staff. They were amazing and we couldn't speak any higher of how enjoyable and memorable they did make our holiday. Also highly recommended would be Soni's village tour. It will open your eyes to what life outside of the resort is like in Fiji.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volivoli Beach Resort is a dedicated SSI and PADI dive Resort on Viti Levu, Fiji. It is owned and operated by the Darling family, 16 year veterans of the area. Dive facilities are world class and on site. All accommodations have ocean views. Nearby Bligh Waters are renowned for an amazing display of fish, pelagic creatures and soft corals. Guests enjoy snorkelling, kayaking, beach volleyball, fishing, village culture and sunset cruises. The Darling philosophy is simple - “We spend time talking to our guests, whether on a dive trip or over a cold beer,” says Nick, “This helps us fine tune the Volivoli experience.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volivoli Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji Rakiraki