“Great place to relax at Voli Voli Beach Resort Raki Raki Fiji Islands”

Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rakiraki
Cambridge, New Zealand
“Great place to relax at Voli Voli Beach Resort Raki Raki Fiji Islands”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This was my first time at Voli Voli Beach resort. I was looking for a place to relax in the south pacific for 7 days which included airport transfers and meal plan included. My brother and I just wanted to relax and have time out. Voli Voli resort was perfect for this. We stayed in a Studio Vale and really enjoyed our accommodation. Staff at the resort were very helpful. We visited Rakiraki for shopping. Village brought in local wares to the resort and these presents were very well received in New Zealand.

Both my brother and I enjoyed the traditional massage with Siteri. There is a new Spa centre opening up soon, which will also incorporate options of facial massages ( enquire at reception)

I would bring your Ipad or e reader. There is no fitness centre at this stage, but there are plans in the making ?? for a couple of bikes by pool side

Check out our photos of the Voli Voli Resort on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/backcountrynz/sets/72157640128471946/

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Bula Vinaka,

Thank you for your kind review of Volivoli Beach Resort, Your feedback is very much appreciated.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your relaxing time with us. Volivoli is definitely somewhere you can get some much needed R&R or get out and about with activities if you find the energy.

I can certainly appreciate your comments on not having a gym/ exercise area, We do have plans in the future to ad a gym but unfortunately I am not able to let you know a date.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back again.

Nick Darling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I didnt book online when I got there. When I went on the reception I asked if there was a room and they lied to me that theres no room and its been all booked.(probably just because I looked like a local)? . Than I said I will look online and the lady at the counter said that the manager is updating online but than I still boojked online and called them and they said that the room was available. That was so Pathethic of them. Anyway apart from that the stay was good, enjoyed my stay. Kayaking scuba diving Snorkling .. amazing.

Hopefully no lies when I go again if I go.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank AsifLwFlex
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Bula Vinaka,

Thank you for your review although this concerns me greatly.

Can you please private message me on nick@volivoli.com with more details so that I can follow up accordingly.

Sydney
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed at Volivoli for 6 nights in January 2014. The ocean views from the room were great and the resort was nicely landscaped. The studio vale was relatively new, very clean and had all the basic requirements including a small kitchenette. This resort is a Fijian hidden jewel almost –if they could lift the level of attention up a little our rating would quickly move from good to great.
The location is an easy drive from the airport. The dirt road up to the resort was OK provided you went slowly. It was nice to have a rental car and do a few drives around the area as the resort is remote.
The restaurant understandably had a limited menu but well supplemented by daily specials. It’s not a 3 hat restaurant however all meals were enjoyed especially some of the fish dishes. The resort employees were all friendly, the singing pleasant and the resort was very flexible with our meal plan.
We completed 4 snorkelling trips. They were all OK and one on the outer reef good. We were never accompanied in the water as we were at other resorts. The Ba drive team were all friendly and accommodating. The pool was large and beautiful.
Take your own towels especially beach towels as theirs are pathetic. Small, thin and old. I went to the neighbouring resort and purchased a new one. I recommend they use them as boat rags.
This resort is located on the side of a hill, great for fitness, but not so great when you go to the reception at the top of the hill to be told to go to the bottom of the hill to get milk from the restaurant, OR go to the boathouse to be told to go back up the hill to get a voucher. Maybe a phone or radio would be good. The only time we got anything from the reception was the bill the day before.
We found the Volivoli resort a place where you can really get away and chill out in a beautiful setting that is good value and ticks most boxes.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GregBellaVista
Bula Vinaka,

Thank you for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort.

Your review is very helpful and is much appreciated. I hope that you do get the chance to visit again as we are constantly growing and improving along the way.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014

A sign on the road indicated it was a 5 star resort and for the price, you would expect it to be. However, apart from the amazing views and fairly good accommodation, there were a few things they didn't get quite right… reception staff were a bit off hand, single-ply toilet paper (in a 5 star resort - really??) worn bathroom towels and threadbare beach towels, air conditioning unit in the studio apartment that wasn't quite powerful enough and not able to be directed over the bed (difficult to sleep). The restaurant menu was average, and the execution a bit disappointing. Also, i would have expected free wifi, at least in restaurant area if not rooms.

On the plus side, the restaurant and bar staff were lovely, the pool nice and big and the snorkelling trip fabulous. Also big tick for the kokoda, which was delicious! Lovely area down by the beach with hammocks and lounges (a little worn), though with an un-manned dive shop, they missed out on some extra revenue as we would have hired snorkels our third day.

In summary, we had a lovely weekend, but probably won't go back for the price, shame because its a nice set up.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Bula Vinaka,

Thank you for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort. All feedback is very welcome and much appreciated.

It is very unfortunate that you thought you were coming to a 5 star resort, Volivoli is and advertises itself as a 3.5 Star resort offering a fantastic product in for that market.

I am glad you mentioned the towels as they have been replaced and are all now brand new. Can you please let me know which room you stayed in so that I can check the AC unit out as they usually work very well, Often people leave all the louvers and doors open and expect the AC units to continuously cool hot air which does not work.

Unfortunately there are no resorts in Fiji that offer free Wifi as internet is expensive in Fiji. Our Wifi is provided as a cost of $12fjd per day unlimited download which I think is reasonable?

Once again thank you very much for your review.

Katoomba, Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed a few days prior to departing on the Fiji Siren for a 10 night Liveaboard trip. Being a little short on funds I opted to stay in the dive lodge, it was adequate for my needs (Fan cooled only, shared bathrooms---still very nice). Be aware that it is the furthest building from the restaurant/dive shop so take a day bag with you to cart laptops/suncreen/water bottles etc.
The internet is not available in the rooms, you have to go to the restaurant and its a little pricey.....my best recommendation is to buy a USB dongle from the vodafone store at the airport---you'll get 7Gb of data and the stick for less than $70 FJD and it works in the rooms!
The restaurant did a good meal and the prices aren't too bad (think cheap Australian cafe prices). My room included the basic breakfast (Muesli, fruit bowl and coffee/tea). The staff were very accommodating to changes to the menu and even had someone to greet us at 11pm when we got in from Nadi.

The local diving is great and well worth it, I dived the coral coast later in my trip and it doesn't even compare to VoliVoli!
The pool was lovely but not much shade so don't forget the suncreen!!

My next trip will be for another liveabord trip but I will make sure to get in the day before to start to relax and sneak in a couple of morning dives before departing.

Staff were great in dealing with a change in transfers with TTF due to some bad weather. As soon as I got off the dive boat, they had someone tell me to come up and call the company to get it sorted, very reassuring.

Room Tip: DIve lodge and Vale Balavu rooms are up on the hillside- nice views but a bit of a hike. If you want...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Bula Vinaka,

Thank you for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort. I am glad that you enjoyed Volivoli and we hope to see you again soon.

Volivoli is a work in progress and I am sure that you will be very happy when you return.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Where do I start and what do I say!!! The whole 12 of us, 3 generations from teenagers to oldies, were absolutely overwhelmed with our six days of fun at Volivoli. The whole experience is something we will NEVER forget. The views, the huge rooms, the gardens, the varied activities, Soni's village tour, the friendliness and professionalism of the staff was outstanding. From the time of booking in April, to the last minute changes, all were dealt with immediately, with humour, and gracefully. The food was super - and so beautifully displayed - and what a selection! As for Christmas lunch - well, that was quite something! We really felt 'at home' and made to feel very special. No TVs, no radios, no internet connections in our rooms - bliss. A time for bonding without distractions. Next time we visit Fiji we will get off the 'plane, straight on to a bus and chug straight away up to Volivoli. A huge VINAKA VAKA LEVU to the Darling family and staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bula Vinaka,

Thank you very much for your kind review of Volivoli Beach resort. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your family will return to once again enjoy our little piece of paradise.

We cant wait to see you all again.

Penrith, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2014

A beautiful spot and some great assets but they haven't quite got it all together yet. Our arrival at the lovely reception or arrival area? not quite sure which and I don't think they are, was ok but no assistance with baggage ( which was not helpful). No phone in the room to ask questions so you have to traipse to the arrival area or other reception ( down a steep hill) to get any information. It appears that they are in transition from one type of accommodation to a more up market one.The room had a lovely view but some trimming of the bushes would have assisted with an even better one. Rooms were large and comfortable. Ice? down the hill to reception. Pool and surrounds lovely. Food great and the staff were very friendly. Pool towels were thread bare! seriously buy some new ones! the towels are in direct opposition to the lovely pool ammenities. Dive shop guy was great and the snorkelling was wonderful. We are not divers so this was the alternative and worth it. We would go back just to see if they have figured out who they are as the little bits we see point to a gem in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms all appear to be similar in the non dorm area at this time.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bula Vinaka,

Thank you for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort.

Your review is very much appreciated and is much needed to help us as we move in the rite direction. My apologies for the lack of service in the new reception/ meeting area as we have just opened it and were transitioning while you were here. There is no excuse for no one to help with your luggage however as there should always be someone to help you with the luggage to your room.

I am pleased to let you know that the pool towels have been replaced and now match the lovely surrounding area.

Once again thank you for your review and I do hope that you can return in the future to see exactly where Volivoli is going.

Nick Darling
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rakiraki
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Wananavu Beach Resort
#1 of 4 in Rakiraki
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji? Share your experiences!