An early tip - if you're driving yourself here it might be wise to try and get a 4WD - the resort is just off the main coast road about half way between Nadi and Suva, and the road is not the best in several places - and the last part of the journey to the resort itself is on a dirt track. If you can do the drive in daylight as well, all the better, as there is some spectacular scenery on the journey. Allow three hours to get here from Nadi. We arrived at about 9pm, and were immediately made very welcome by the extremely friendly staff. Our studio vale was very well appointed, with good facilities for a self-catering stay - kitchen with triple burner gas stove, microwave, full size fridge-freezer and washing machine (nice bonus). The main bed was very comfortable, and the extra two beds were made up on the large L-shaped sofa in the living area of the room. Since we arrived in the dark, we didn't get the chance to see the view until morning, but we had an excellent surprise. The studio vales are all arranged around the crown of a small hill, and are nicely perched above the beach, giving excellent views around the peninsula on which the resort is located. The gardens surrounding the resort are very well-landscaped and maintained. As well as the vales, the resort has large dormitory facilities, and is able to cope with large touring groups.
The food, while not cordon bleu, was well cooked, plentiful and good value for money, with a fixed menu, and a daily soup, pasta, fish and dessert, and the kitchen open from 6.30 am until 8.30pm.
The main reason for choosing Volivoli for us was the diving. Excellent reefs all around with loads of coral and fish. My wife and 10-year-old both did their Open Water qualifications, and loved it. All the dive crew were extremely friendly and safety conscious, particularly with younger divers.
All in all an excellent week, which we wished could have been longer, but we will definitely be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volivoli Beach Resort is a dedicated SSI and PADI dive Resort on Viti Levu, Fiji. It is owned and operated by the Darling family, 16 year veterans of the area. Dive facilities are world class and on site. All accommodations have ocean views. Nearby Bligh Waters are renowned for an amazing display of fish, pelagic creatures and soft corals. Guests enjoy snorkelling, kayaking, beach volleyball, fishing, village culture and sunset cruises. The Darling philosophy is simple - “We spend time talking to our guests, whether on a dive trip or over a cold beer,” says Nick, “This helps us fine tune the Volivoli experience.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volivoli Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji Rakiraki