First thing that must be said...Warren the owner is a great guy who can't do enough for his guests. I was blown away by all the activities, kite Surfing, Kayaks, Standup boards, Scuba diving and snorkelling even water skiing was available if we wanted it. The rooms, lets face it, are very basic even the more expensive beach front bungalows. Hot water simply didn't exist but then I have been rather spoilt and now look for a little more comfort. This place is made for young people who want an adventure as all the activities include an Instructor which helps you learn and appreciate the environment. If you are going to stay here pay a little extra and get the best rooms available. As I said I like it comfortable but found none of the other guests complaining about the lack of facilities. Diving was very good as Bligh Passage is only a short boat trip away. Equipment was up to standard and staff knew what they were doing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fiji's Kitesurf, Windsurf, Dive & Fishing Ultimate ResortWelcome to island paradise!Safari Lodge lies on a pristine beach on the remote Nananu-i-ra island in the South Pacific Ocean. These tropical waters provide perfect conditions for our watersports focused resort. We are a quiet friendly boutique resort with a maximum of 40 guests and a variey of accommodation options.Facing the consistent trade winds, Nananu-I-Ra Island is a wind-sports paradise! April to January provide steady 15-30 Knot winds, perfect for Windsurfing and Kitesurfing! All year round we also offer PADI Scuba Diving - Come and Dive the amazing Bligh Waters and Vatu-I-Ra Passage - breathtaking National Geographic quality dive sites! Sailing, Kayaking, Snorkeling, Fishing adventures and Stand Up Paddling (SUP) are also available every day!Our accommodation varies and includes Beachfront Bures, Ocean View Villas, Private Rooms and bunk style dorm rooms for groups only meters from the beach. We offer solar hot water showers, 24hr power & Wi-Fi 3G speed Internet access is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Safari Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Safari Island Hotel Rakiraki
- Safari Island Lodge Fiji/Rakiraki