Let me start off saying I was a bit skeptical of having our Honeymoon at this resort. On paper the idea of flying halfway across the world to sit in a car for a couple hours to go end up at a resort on the extreme north end of the island was a bit daunting. Then we arrived....
My new wife and I sat glued to the vans windows with our jaws dropped as our driver drove us through some of the most beautiful landscapes we'd ever seen. It was a great way to see the real Fiji, passing farmers harvesting sugar cane, kids going to school, and the other mundane daily life activities of the Fijian people.
Once we arrived at the resort we were greeted by the extremely helpful and friendly staff who showed us to our bure (Think hotel room/condo/hut). We were right on the beach and the view from our porch was beyond breath taking. All of our initial worries melted away at that point, if the drive, greeting, and bure were any indication of the rest of the stay...we were good.
Throughout the 10 days we spent at the resort we sampled various activities including a village tour, remote island tour, kayaking, fish feeding, snorkeling and even a quick lesson on preparing a coconut (which up until that point I was using my best guess combined with footage from the film "Cast Away"). The meals were amazing, the night life was the perfect balance of meeting new friends, relaxation and occasional dancing.
All in all this was the ideal honeymoon we were looking for, but it may not be for everyone. If you're the type of person who can't let go of wifi, TV, and your phone...then I suggest going somewhere else, but if you're looking to relax in every sense of the word...I strongly urge you to check out Wananavu. I know we will again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Located 85 scenic coastline miles from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu, translated loosely as Awesome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki