Hey guys this is my first review, I've used trip advisor throughout my travels and travel experiences. I was just a payer in this trip; meaning it was all organised as part of a wedding party, so there was plenty of us and being from New Zealand we were after a good time; that we had.
The hotel and beaches where amazing, the staff and service where exceptional. I had to check with the grooms father when we got home as to whom our diving company was as I was sure it was Ra Divers but we had such a conflicting experience to a pervious post I had to double check.
It's one of the things I've learnt through my travel, two different people or groups can experience such different experiences in the same cafe, resort or attraction. I work for a pretty influential property developer in Queenstown and travel with him frequently. I have become very aware of what good service is and what is not! Perhaps the previous comments on Ra Divers are accurate of October, but I'm telling you as of the 15th of December when we embarked on our adventures with them things where much different.
Having spent plenty of time at the hotel pool and with 5 days till the big event (wedding), it was put on the table to go dive/ or in some of our cases learn to dive. I’d never actually got around to diving; one of those things you always mean too but just keep putting it off. My Dad’s a qualified diver and spends a bit of time each year in Milford diving for crays and the likes. So off 5 of us set to complete a learn to dive course. I’m good with water so that was an advantage for me I think; however even if I hadn’t been the staff at every level had the upmost respect for the different levels of comfort and experience in our group. We did the four day course and then the qualified divers in our group came and joined us for one of the most amazing experience of my life. (The wedding was an okay too)
In terms of the names of the locations I’m a bit hazy; I’m one of those good with faces kind of people. I know that we went to 3 different locations and went diving at night which was such an amazing experience. In terms of gear having no previous dive experience I had nothing to compare it to; however no members in our group commented on it being anything but perfect. I can speak for my father having been a farmer his whole life up until 4 years ago if gear or machinery is not up to scratch or not safe...Fiji and all its nearby islands would have heard about it. In terms of the owners unless the dive company has changed hands in the past 2 months we experienced conflicting experiences to the previous post. Like stated above I’m not good with names, but I am good with literature and having the same surname as Wendy from the Peter Pan Play I’ll never forget the memories, experiences and bloody great times the Darling Family from Ra Divers provided my family and friends with!
I’d heard numerous conflicting experiences from trips and weddings in Fiji, some good...some not so But I take my hat off Wananavu Beach Resort; there facilities, there cultural awareness, service and some of the friendliest and most amazing staff I have experienced anywhere in the world.
I am happy to be contacted or to pass on details of other members of our group to verify this experience; again thank Wananavu, Ra Divers and FIJI!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Located 85 scenic coastline miles from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu, translated loosely as Awesome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki