“Beautiful location”

Wananavu Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rakiraki
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed at Wananavu with our children, the staff were very helpful and the accommodation was clean and tidy. The rooms were quite a walk away from the main complex, however this added to the experience and ensured our children slept well. The gardens are beautiful and the facilities are wonderful. The pool area has two portions one for smaller children and another main part of the pool. Great for young children.
The food was lovely and we were able to get something to please everyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 11, 2014

This resort is a little further away from the major cities of Viti Levu but a good place to get away from it all.

The resort was really quiet when we were there so it felt like we had it all to ourselves. its a huge property with a beautiful torquoise lagoon to swim in. The main property could do with an upgrade to keep its full 4 star rating but otherwise its a good 3.5 star property.

great dive and fishing venue with some of the best reefs in the world to run your eyes over.

the property is 3 hrs from Lautoka and 4hrs from nadi.

Room Tip: Maybe beachfront, we had an oceanview but I wouldn't rate it highly
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Daryl L
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Wananavu in particular, but Fiji is a truly beautiful part of the world. The staff at the resort were very helpful and courteous. The food was great. The view from the resort restaurant was phenomenal. The rooms were comfortable and clean. I would put the actual rooms in the 2.5 star category, but clean. We weren't there to have all of the amenities of home. The wifi was spotty, but then again, we weren't there to be connected with the world happenings. The diving was very good. We saw some incredible wildlife. One day we saw to large octopi mating. Each dive had some incredibly beautiful reefs, but a lot of dead reefs in-between. The reefs that were colorful had a lot of hard and soft corals and tons of smaller colorful fish. I certainly would go back to Wananavu and recommend it to anyone that wants to get away from it all and/or get in some great diving.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed Wananavu Beach Resort, I have no complaints of any kind. I too like one of the others posters cried when it was time to leave. I become entrenched in the culture and really loved the resort staff. The pool with the waterfall was fantastic. As for the dive operation and boat staff, they were above and beyond. I have never in my 100 + dives, had as few of divers to a group as we did here, with such personal attention. The dives were stellar. We really emjoyed the boat attendants that were extra helpers to meet our needs on the dive boats. Our trip was truly special and to date this was the best resort we' ve ever stayed at. We enjoyed the cultural experiences the resort provided and have nothing but positive for the activity staff. The village tour outside of diving was my favorite part of the trip. Our 20th anniversary was really magical. All the way down from the honeymoon sweet the whole week at very little upgrade cost to everything else it was amazing. The beautiful sunrises and sunsets from my beachfront bure at rm 50. Thanks to Wananavu resort and staff for everything I could have desired for a 20th anniversary vow renewal trip. Yandra I can't wait to see you again soon.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Imagine finding yourself in a Tropical Paradise, in the care of an extended family who is happy to see you every morning, but also happy to keep their distance so that you can relax in a beach side hammock sipping on your favourite cocktail and reading that novel which you have been trying to finish for the last 3 months.

The opportunity to drive to a nearby village and dance with the locals or to buy fresh coconuts at the local markets.

The opportunity to see one of the best coral reefs in the world.

Aaahh...... I cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Beach Front Bure is closest to the water and away from the busiest part of the resort.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Monika T
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I and my wife were fortunate enough to spend 10 nights at Wananavu celebrating our 20th anniversary. We stayed in Bure 50 the Honeymoon suite. We hadn't originally booked it, but we were upgraded to it at a very reasonable rate. The bure was the best accommodation we have experienced. The plunge pool and outside shower were phenomenal. We renewed our vow's with boat captain Joe performing the ceremonies and the other divers from our boat and dive masters in attendance. It will never be forgotten.

We dove 7 days and were cared for exceptionally. Our dive master (Jimmi) was the bomb. We saw sharks on 12 of our 14 dives and nearly every other creature on our list for the trip.

The staff at the resort were top notch (Evalone is a treasure) and the food was stellar. We were on the meal plan for 11 days and I didn't become bored with the menu. Their is a regular all day menu along with daily specials. The Kokoda was a wonderful new spin on ceviche. The food was truly far above what we have experience at the resorts we have visited for dive trips in Roatan and Cozumel. Also teh care for the grounds was superb. Very clean and meticulously landscaped.

We took the village tour and two island picnic excursions. All three were great. We shopped in Rakiraki three times and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The flights on Fiji Airways new A330 were great both ways I would also be remiss if I didn't mention how great the transfers were. We were taken in clean Landcruisers with great A/C. The drivers were fabulous stopping for anything we wanted a picture of and explaining all the significant sites.

I could go on forever, and probably will in a blog, but I'll sum this trip up with the piggy bank to save for a trip back with our kids is starting to fill.

Room Tip: Beachfront is a bit of a hike to the main bure, but well worth it in my book.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Thank you to everyone at Wananavu from Alan's warm welcome and to every one of his amazing staff are what make this place so special.
They go out of their way with their warm, friendly and helpful service.
Having one of their sublime cocktails and watching the sun set from the restaurant deck is the most relaxing and beautiful evening ever.
The food is fresh, simple and so tasty.
The snorkelling is amazing and free of crowds.
Spa fabulous.
The place to go for a peaceful, relaxing stay away from crowds and truly iz

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rakiraki
Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji
#1 of 4 in Korolevu
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa

Been to Wananavu Beach Resort? Share your experiences!