Having just returned from the resort a quick review of the place.
Beware its 2.5 hours bumpy ride from the airport in a taxi which isnt good, especially if they book you into a local taxi!
The resort itself is pretty good with a great vantage point above the sea and comfortable and clean bures.
The beach was mud with trucks and diggers working on it..
The diving which we did with Kaiviti Divers was excellent.
The staff on reception were excellent.
The food we found pretty poor and glad we didnt go on a meal plan.no choice and cold and pretty bad all round.
Breakfast was the worst we have had and we are not new to holidays in many countries.
It was expensive and the whole place including the kitchen needs a good shake up with the staff as its a big let down!
Staff are ott in a way with their politeness which doesnt always appear sincere but then they have the christmas fund for tips to think about.
They always seemed to get everyone off to bed early and were way to quick at giving you the bills for drinks and food.
And yes, its a very very quiet place at night with nothing really going on except the local band who are there 7 hours a day and it does get on your nerves after a few days.
Hope I havent put anyone off, but its my review and we just had a very quiet and boring time there.
You have no facilities round the rather dated pool area and everytime you want a drink you have to go and order at the bar as no one can be bothered to give service away from the food area.
Fiji night turns out to be a local night with lots of locals appearing and sort of taking over the night with food being held back for them after all guests have been driven to bed.
So, if you want a real quiet and nothing happening resort with below average food go to Wananava.Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Located 85 scenic coastline miles from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu, translated loosely as Awesome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki