We have just returned from our fourth stay at Wananavu and it just keeps getting better. We had not planned on having the amount of rain that occurred but the staff were unbelievable during the awful storms. Luckily, we were all safe and had no problems with power (thank you Beato for hunting down the diesel to keep us going) or food(thanks Mickey and Josie) and although some guests panicked and left we felt safe and really well looked after. Try the soups for a great start to a meal, and if Beato can find a mud crab - yummieeeeee. My husband says desserts are unbelievable too. Bread from local baker is better than we get in Aus!!!
As usual, we were welcomed by all staff, who remembered us from last time, etc. our bure was again gorgeous (book 24 for a fantastic view and pool).
We left after the floods and were really pleased to find the roads better than when we arrived. The grading has been going ahead really fast. So the trip may be 2&1/2 hours but not so bumpy any more.
Vinaka to all the wonderful staff and we look forward to seeing you at Christmas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Only just over 2 hours from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki