Over the last years we have stayed at Wananavu Beach Resort a number of times if you look back you will see my reports before. I cannot say enough about the resort yes we had a welcome from the team as if we had been long lost members of the family. The bure we stayed in had a a pool which we really like. The food is brilliant although I understand there is a new chef but with Ben And Rachael ( who run the resort ) overseeing every detail I am sure the standard is good.
We had the chance to get out and spend a day on another island about a 20 minute boat ride with the resort providing a hamper of food and beer and wine to order what a day, you should remember that the sun up in fiji BURNS as I found out, but the resort quickly came to my aid with a wonderful cream that fixed the problem.During our stay we had a mix of divers,honeymooners from Ireland,a couple of familys and a good mix . During the day you hardly see anyone only at meals times which in itself is a good gathering time.Also the cultural talks down by the marina fantastic.
The staff from management to everyone go out of their way to help sure we had been before but a young couple of girls who hired a scooter in Nadi had a accident getting to the resort well the resort just wrapped them up in cotton wool so to speak taking them to the hostipal checking on them my wife who is a senior Director of Nursing was roped in to help checking on dressings my wife didn't mind, but it shows that this place cares about the guests well being try and see that at the big hotels near Nadi.
Sadly I will not be reporting on this resort again even though we are going back in March 2012 as I feel that it will start to look like a paid commercial which it is not.
To Ben and Rachel and team many thanks.
PS make sure that you meet BEATO who is the manager he is a great bloke who makes sure whatever you want happens, he is everywhere thanks Mate
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Located 85 scenic coastline miles from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu, translated loosely as Awesome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki