Tanoa Waterfront Hotel
The Fiji Orchid(Lautoka)(Great Value!)
$145
$70
$53
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Bounty Island Resort(Bounty Island)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfins restaurantexecutive roomchilli treewalking distance to townsea wallnice breakfastair contwo double bedsviti levucleaning staffnice pooltour deskrestaurant staffvinaka vakalevuday tripfijigym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed here our first day and night in Fiji, en route to Nananu-i-ra. Although we arrived before 7 a.m., the staff graciously had a room ready for us by 8:30, much earlier than check-in time. The room was super-clean, quiet, air-conditioned, and it overlooked one of the two pools. The staff was very gracious and helpful. I found out as we were leaving that they have inexpensive 24-hr internet access. No complaints, nicest hotel in town, lovely place, especially in comparison with our later experience at the Sea Breeze (yuk).
Some of what we enjoyed in Lautoka: Eating idli sambar at the South Indian "Minax Hot Snax.'" Eating at the Lautoka hotel ( I had the coconut milk fish soup, yum). Going to the produce market. Visiting the Hindu temple. We also visited the Botanical Garden - not particularly exciting. Deep sleep!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank underwaterlover
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I have been to a couple of hotels in Lautoka on business and leisure trips such as the Cathay and Lautoka Hotel. My first stay at the Tanoa Waterfront Hotel was this year. I was looking forward to enjoy my stay at the Hotel since I had some positive comments from my work colleagues.
Unfortunately, I did not expect a few things when I arrived in my room. Firstly, I was greeted by cockroaches crawling in the bathtub and wash basin area. Secondly, the toilet was dirty. Apparently someone used it and did not flush it.......disgusting, sight......yuccky! Thirdly, the air condition did not have any remote and I have to keep adjusting it manually and lastly, the remote for the TV was not working and I have to get up to adjust the volume or change the channel.
I hope that this goes up to the Senior Managers of this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank MayJay_0809
Reviewed April 16, 2010

My wife and I stayed 10 nights in the Executive Room ,, very very nice, over looking pool and perfect position for walking around town. Staff very good ,, South Pacific Style very much ,, if you want 5 star with exact service dont stay here , but if you have the time and understand the pacific way you will enjoy it very much as we did. Restaurant meals are very good ,room service Beef Burger and Chicken Chaser excellent and if u make yourself know to staff and get to know their freindlyness a good stay will be had. Travel to Nadi and Suva is vry easy and cheap by mini bus at the back of the central market , $2 FJD will get you to Nadi Town and $18FJD will take you to Suva, Hotel taxi's are excellent and cheap, $3 FJD gets you anywhere basically. It is safe and secure and the pool is great for a long swim and relax. Very much recommend staying here for a comftable relaxed stay. Went to the Hot pools at the Sleeping giant between Nadi and Lautoka ,,bloddy hot but great for aches and pains,, Point Denaru is worth a miss unless you like over priced tourist things ,, good to see but was sick of it after an hour with all the expats from Australia and New Zealand strtting around looking good , we found it better to see the real FIJI and travel on local transport and mix with the people.
All over it was very very nice trip and stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LindsayGoldCoast
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I booked my room on line and paid a deposit with my credit card. At check-in I paid the remainder in cash. A few days later I received an e-mail from the online booking site charging me the full room amount again for not showing up. I reported this to the hotel management but I have not yet received a refund after seven months despite the fact that they have admitted fault.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vakaman
Reviewed December 31, 2009

The Tanoa Waterfront Hotel has fairly basic but comfortable rooms. Each room has its own balcony and tea/coffee making facilities. Our in room safe did not work but after 2 phone calls and an irate trip to the front desk ,I eventually persuaded someone to fix it. The staff were perfectly pleasant and helpful just rather laid back and sleepy.

The hotel had 2 very pleasant pools - one big; one small. The bar was a bit of a disappointment - we went for the advertised draught Fiji beer and discovered they had no draught beer, only bottled. The advertised free savoury snacks at happy hour did not appear either.

We had a pleasant and tasty meal in Fins restaurant at the hotel. The staff there were very friendly and pleasant.

Lautoka is a quiet location without much to attract tourists though it does have a pleasant waterfront walkway, quite a colourful municipal market, a reasonably sized Jack's Handicraft store and some good restaurants. We enjoyed our meal in the Lautoka Hotel restaurant very much, too.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple