“Excellent hotel - clean, great staff and food.”

Tanoa Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lautoka
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel for the first time. I can say it is easily one of the best hotels in Fiji. I have stayed almost in every hotel in Fiji and I found this hotel to be one of the better ones. The rooms were clean, the staff were friendly, the internet was great and the food was great and value for money.

Definitely will stay here in the future.

Room Tip: I would recommend the Executive Room in the newly developed area of the Hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank moshnz
Narendk, General Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Bula Moshnz,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel and again for taking out your valuable time to post this wonderful review.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Tanoa Waterfront Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback which will be shared with the team. This feedback will surely be beneficial for other travellers. And for us, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services & facilities

There are newer reviews for Tanoa Waterfront Hotel

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Tough day in the city and you expect to be able to relax in a hotel that is nicely position close to the sea.
Despite asking for the music in the bar, which carried over into the lounge reception area, it wasn't reduced in volume.
The restaurant, staff and food good, staff commendable for their friendly attitude as were reception. Rooms are well appointed although the crack in my hand basin should be fixed.
There was a fracas in the lounge area, the result of an Asian ( Chinaman ) having drunk too much egged on by a small number of underage girls. ( should have exercised some control here ) this carried on until the Chinaman got abusive, started assaulting staff. Police were called but didn't arrive for a while.
Real efficient security needs to be on hand, and the bar man responsible for the loud music should have stopped serving those causing the disturbance.
All in all not a good experience, time for the Manager to start Managing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Bula ZhouLIN,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us, the comments we receive from our guests provide us with valuable information, as it is only through honest feedback that we are able to work on improving and enhancing our service delivery and product standards.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience during your stay and please be assured that these have been discussed with our Team to ensure that your concerns are addressed.

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns, as we believe that it is your way of allowing us the chance to better ourselves.

Narend

Reviewed September 18, 2013

had originally booked an executive room for 3 nights but my flight had been pushed to the following day i called ahead and asked if the dates could be moved forward a day,i was told that that would not be a problem everything had been paid for.when i arrived i was shown to my room it was dark damp and had a very strong moldy smell i would awake every morning to the sound of hammering and banging due to the renovation or extensions been made to the hotel at my door but persevered.i was in and out of the hotel and generously tipped the staff whenever they were helpful which they were but when it came to the day of check out in my old booking before everything was changed i went into town thinking all was good..when i returned i could not get back into my room my key had been deactivated and was unable to get to my belongings i then approached reception and asked why i could not get in? they replied that i had been checked out i said what about my stuff and that i still had one more day they said that the day was for the original booking and that if i wanted to stay i had to pay another night even though I HAD BEEN TOLD THAT EVERYTHING WAS FINE the rate of the room had tripped in price and was forced to pay to get my stuff.

NOTE: WAS THE FIRST AND LAST I EVER STAYED IN THIS HOTEL
IF YOU LOOK LIKE YOU CAN AFFORD WHATEVER THEY THROW AT YOU THEY WILL TAKE YOU FOR EVERYTHING THEY CAN!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Narendk, General Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Bula Mr Woodcutter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, this is really a concern for me and I would very much apprecite if you could email me details of your stay so that I can further investigate on your feedback.My email address is wfhmanager@tanoahotels.com.

Please feel free to contact me should your travel plans bring you back to Tanoa Waterfront Hotel as it will be my pleasure to be of your assistance.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Lautoka is NOT a tourist town so if you want sight seeing tours, adventure stuff or diving experiences, don't go to Lautoka unless you have a hire car or are prepared to make your way to Nadi to hook up. I think only one operator picks up from Lautoka and then a premium is charged. A nice city and one day I spent 3-4 hours exploring the city, markets (best produce markets I have seen) and a nearby residential area. I wouldn't have seen a dozen white faces and not a single shop keeper leapt out and tried to tempt me inside, so unlike Nadi & Sigatoka. Many, many folk gave me a nice smile and a friendly "Bula" greeting. Plenty of restaurants, mainly Chinese (try Fu Xing) and good cafes (try Chilli Cafe) within a short walk from the Tanoa for low cost but very nice lunches.
Now, the hotel. I liked it very much!!! We come to expect friendly staff in the islands but at Tanoa, they excel. Reception, Restaurant, Spa, Tour desk, Bar, Housekeeping, Maintenace/Grounds - all were just outstanding and so friendly. I had my 72nd birthday there and it seemed everyone got in on it. To mention names would not be fair on those I missed; they were all great!
Room allocation is important here. Essential to my mind that you request a room looking out to the main pool. Choice of upstairs with a balcony or downstairs with patio and if you go for the rooms (Superior Room desiganation) on the reception side of the pool (they immediately look down or at the children's playground) make sure it's 202-210 up, or 102-110 down. I was in 204 and found it spacious, clean and comfortable with a reasonable selection of TV channels.. The bathroom was clean but needs a good facelift and brighter lighting.
Very nice main pool surrounded by lovely gardens with a second, smaller pool near the Spa & Gym.
Restaurant is pretty good good but not gourmet. Only poor meals were the chicken twice, very tough otherwise OK. Another quite new restaurant nearby and a huge bottle store for liquor 5 minutes walk up behind the hotel and across the street from the afore-mentioned restaurant.
The sunsets are lousy by comparison to the Coral Coast but don't let that deter you.
In overall summary, Lautoka is a good spot to do not much except relax and it seems most folk go there on business or for a few nights after a cruise or to break the trip home from a far-off destination. I repeat, it's not where you go to do touristy things. The airport and Nadi town is 30-40 minutes away from Tanoa by cab, FJ$30. I had 9 nights and very much enjoyed Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, with very reasonable rates.

Room Tip: Please refer to my main review but if you are going for a Superior Room and prefer afternoon sun rat...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MervRobertson
Narendk, General Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Bula Mervandsandy,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel and again for taking out your valuable time to post this detailed review.
It is always a pleasure to receive feedbacks which will be shared with the team. This feedback will surely be beneficial for other travellers.Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

As members of our family love in Lautoka we naturally choose to stay in the town, which makes the location perfect as this is the only hotel we would stay in in Lautoka city. We always stay in the executive rooms which are very well priced. Food is expensive we choose to mostly eat in town. Staff encounters were good and bad.. Had to ring multiple times for requests to be carried out and some staff unhelpful. However once we mentioned that the room was extremely noisey after calling and approaching front desk they did give us a room in a quieter area which is fantastic. Will definitely be staying in waterfront when we come every year. If you are going to visit Lautoka I advise you look into what touristy things are around because there isn't a lot to do in town and it's not a proper beach just a sea wall..

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank JoyV85
Narendk, General Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Bula Joy,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. All feedback, both positive and negative is important to us. We will work on negative comments to ensure that your stay next year will also be an enjoyable one.
I thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fiji next year.

Vinaka

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Room: Good bed, good furnishing (desk, chair, lounge chair, coffe table, plenty of room for luggage) fridge, safe, widescreen TV. Bathroom with bathtub. No bugs except mosquitoes outside on balcony but window screen worked well to keep them out of room.

Common areas: Reception with sofas to lounge in, two pools with plenty of sunbeds and chairs but no shade, gym and bar as well as restaurant.

Food: Breakfast buffet (continental) was plentiful with fruits, cereal, many different kinds of bread, spreads and breakfast meats/cheese. Also muffins/danish. Dinner menu selection good but service erratic and slow. Nightly specials, often w free dessert.

Overall: The area is quiet, waterfront location as name suggests and just a park away from downtown Lautoka w lots of shops and a market as well as buses to all of Viti Levu. Computers in lobby 8fjd/hour (same price as wifi access with own device) but sometimes a purchase in restaurant can get you a 2 hour wifi pass for no extra charge.

I enjoyed my stay, used the spa (good deals) and the restaurant as well as room service (much faster than sit down service??).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Eaze
Narendk, General Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Bula Eaze,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel and again for taking out your valuable time to post this wonderful detailed review.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Tanoa Waterfront Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback which will be shared with the team. This feedback will surely be beneficial for other travellers. And for us, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services & facilities.

Vinaka

Reviewed August 25, 2013

It may be the best hotel in Lautoka. That being said, if you are on holiday and looking to stay in Fiji... look elsewhere. Look for a hotel on one of the islands, Coral Coast, or Denarau Island. There are no beaches or places of interest nearby. The sugar mill and Koroyanitu National Heritage Park are nearby but can be done as a day trip. The "waterfront" hotel is misleading as there is a walkway near the murky bay water with no access. It is set in an urban area with nothing of interest for someone on holiday. The hotel staff couldn't suggest any cafes or restaurants in the city. The food in the restaurant was average. The rooms were spacious and nice but felt unkept. No attention to detail in the room and bathroom. We were also placed on the side of the hotel with construction. My wife and I contemplated cutting our loses and returning to our Coral Coast resort or head to Denarau Island. If you have to stay in Lautoka this might be the best available, but if you are not bound to the area go elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Narendk, General Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Bula Brett,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. All feedback, both positive and negative is important to us. Please accept our sincerest apologies if location was up to your expectation.
Narend Kumar

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lautoka
The Fiji Orchid
First Landing Beach Resort & Villas
Anchorage Beach Resort
Anchorage Beach Resort
#5 of 7 in Lautoka

Been to Tanoa Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!