“WESTERN'S BEST”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lautoka
Auckland
“WESTERN'S BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Tanoa Waterfront Hotel is one of the best hotels across the Western-side of Fiji Is. The serivce was remarkable. The bed was comfortable, the rooms were clean and tidy, the location was great just meters away from the crystal-clear water and able to see the big cruise and vessel ships. Overall all our experience at the Tanoa Waterfront Hotel was amazing.

Room Tip: If going with 4 or more people select or request a large and spacious room. A/C will cool the heat...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sarita k
Narendk, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Bula Sarita,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel and again for taking out your valuable time to post this wonderful detailed review.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were travelling on holidays and arrived by ferry from Labasa. The hotel was close to the wharf area and easy to find. Hotel was well laid out and had a good pool area. Rooms were clean and quite large. We had a deluxe room which was worth the small extra cost. Right on the pool. Hotel close to town and a pleasant walk across the park or down by the water.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Narendk, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Bula Mal S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, I was delighted to read how you enjoyed the hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback which will be shared with the team.
I thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fiji sometime soon.

Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Visited and stayed at the waterfront twice on my trip to Fiji. Once for 3 nights on Aug 27. The first room they put us in was in the old quarters looked exactly the same as it did 10 years ago (adequate) but could do with shelling out especially the brown tiles in the bathroom. We asked to be transferred so they put us in a room a view rooms down from the original room. A whole lot better then the first once. Was an executive room with 2 double beds with better decor. You could probably ask why does the decor matter. But when you're on holiday and you pay out of your pocket from your hard earned money you want at least a bit of luxury. Ate the once at the hotel, food was cold when it came but there was noone to complain too as staff had disappeared so by the end of our meal we had to go to reception to tell them to have the restaurant send the bil to our room. Save your money and go to Chilli Tree for breakfast or lunch/dinner at the chinese restaurant across the road from Chilli Tree on the same side of the road - I think its Nan something??
Our second trip to Waterfront was for 4 nights we requested they put us in the new block which they did. Room was very nice but the one thing that put them down was the stains on the sheet covering one of the beds and stains on the lamp (room 402). Also mildew in the bathroom, please supply your wonderful cleaning staff with bleach as I have used this in my own bathroom and works wonders. Also I found the pool to be quite dirty. Overall your check in staff or in general staff customer services but could do with a little more improvement. I don't know how to explain it but having visited other parts of the world, your customer services with all staff could do with a little improvement. An example would be the restaurant, what restaurant would have staff disappear when they still have customers eating??
We also booked a room for our inlaws who joined us on the saturday for two nights. On checking out on the Monday we decided to check if my inlaws could stay another night (Monday night) as they were leaving for the Yasawas on the Tuesday. The guy at reception okayed everything and we paid for room. By midday Monday my inlaws received a call from reception to say they would need to vacate the room because they were only paid up to Sunday night. I didn't realise this had happened to them till I called to check on them Tuesday. What i don't understand is that if they were booked in for Monday night why would they be checking their system and have my inlays kicked out of their room Monday midday. Would payment not be requested Tuesday morning when they checked out? I've called the hotel and they've realised their mistake and money for Monday night has being refunded, but having that 4 star from Trip advisor as displayed at reception, makes you wonder how?when?why? The lady i spoke to apologised but i wonder what would of happened to my in laws had they not have somewhere else to go to spend the night? Terrible!!!

Room Tip: request an executive room in the newly built part of the hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Narendk, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Bula Makayzi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, I have taken your comments and shared them with the team, I appreciate also the constructive feed back you provided, and I am addressing this with the relevant department managers so we can improve in these areas.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

I spent 2 nights here and really enjoyed my stay. Great location with lovely views from the foyer, bar and restaurant with short walk to all the shops and city centre. I stayed in a delux room was very clean and nicely kept. Good value with friendly and helpful staff. I would stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012
Bula Mr Chandra,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, its always a pleasure to receive positive feed back. I have shared your comments with all of the team. We are delighted to know how much you appreciated the service priovided. Its great to know the efforts made are noticed.

Florence, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

we went for business to Lautoka, Fiji, and looked at comments on Tripadvisor for a number of hotels in Lautoka and Nadi. The Waterfront had some less pleasing reviews but suited us best for location, so we contacted the management who told us "don't worry". We gave them the benefit of the doubt and booked the room knowing we could always change. Well, we arrived and held our breath. No need. The hotel is excellent, the staff very efficient, friendly and always ready to help. Don't expect a 5-star hotel but it's clean, the food is good. If you don't like the menu, the chef is ready to make you something to your choice. The breakfast complainer did not read his reservation. It's all there. You can chose between continental, full continental and cooked breakfast, clearly posted also in the Fins restaurant right on the buffet. So if you can read, its all clear.
I am a business traveller and have "seen it all". I am going back to the Waterfront, no hesitation whatsoever!

Room Tip: We had an excellent room, and I can't judge other rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CriticallyMe
Narendk, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Bula,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Tanoa Waterfront Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback which will be shared with the team. This feedback will surely be beneficial for other travellers. And for us, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services & facilities.
Vinaka and regards
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Over the past few years we have been staying at the Waterfront Hotel and they have never let us down. We just got back from our vacation and once again had a great stay! All the staff are great and always chatting with us. As well, we felt that the rooms were clean, Anishma Singh was the house maid and she always kept our room clean! The houseboy Ashoka was very nice and talkative as well. We can't remember everyone's names but everything single person we met were cheerful and a pleasure to be around. Ateca at the front desk is wonderful and as well as the spa staff and the staff at Fin's. Also, many thanks to manager Narend Kumar for leading a great staff and making us feel at home!

Mr. and Mrs. Sures Chandra (Vancouver, BC)

Room Tip: The executive rooms are great!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Narendk, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Bula,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, I was delighted to read how you enjoyed your stay with us. Its great to know the efforts made are noticed.
midland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

we stayed at the hotel for a night with my family. everything was great...rooms were nice n clean. the only obsticale was when my brother n mum went to have breakfast at the "fins restaurant". after they had bfast, the waitress had billed them $43.00!! are u kidding me?? just for a couple of toast, glass of juice n coffee. NOT WORTH WHAT'S BEEN PROVIDED!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank vinny r
Narendk, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Bula Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. All feedback, both positive and negative is important to us. Your comment on breakfast has been looked into, our continental buffet breakfast offers tea/toast, variety of cereals, fruits, juice,pastry, etc. and also offers choice of individual items if you do not wish have the buffet.
Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns, Please feel free to contact me should your travel plans bring you back to Tanoa Waterfront Hotel as it will be my pleasure to be of your assistance.

Regards
Narend Kumar

Travelers are raving about these Lautoka hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lautoka
The Fiji Orchid
Bedarra Beach Inn
#1 of 9 in Sigatoka
Fiji Gateway Hotel
First Landing Beach Resort & Villas

Been to Tanoa Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!