“Needs some TLC”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lautoka
Bendigo
“Needs some TLC”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

If you MUST stay in Lautoka this is a reasonable location and does have the advantage of the waterfront location and view from the restaurant. Our room ( not sure if it was old or new wing) was a reasonable size but the bath was chipped, we couldn't open the balcony door, the electrics needed the odd tug on the wires and the alarm was preset for 12 midnight! The pool was fine, pity it was next to the maintenance area specially when the generator was needed to power the hotel for a couple of hours. The staff were friendly enough but no one was interested in selling Lautoka. One night would have been enough.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
wfhmanager, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Bula ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review,both positive and negative comments is important to us. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused but we do have two swimming pools in the hotel and one of it is far away from any noise.
Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns, as we believe that it is your way of allowing us the chance to better ourselves.

Please feel free to contact me should your travel plans bring you back to Tanoa Waterfront Hotel as it will be my pleasure to be of your assistance.

Vinaka and regards
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Polish first
Coffs Harbour
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We asked for two side-by-side rooms as there were 5 of us. They were okay (we didn't expect luxury as we had asked for the 2 cheapest rooms) and located in the "Old Wing". Our only complaint - which we raised with the staff was that one was a smoking room so the smell was almost unbearable (they sprayed a bit of deoderiser around for us which slightly helped). We chose the Waterfront Hotel for its location - close the everything in Lautoka, and reasonably priced. The new pool looked lovely from a distance, however we noticed that it was very murky so we kept our heads out of the water. The staff were all very nice. Next time I think we would choose the newer rooms though. I guess we get what we pay for!

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker make sure you ask for a non-smoking room as the smoking rooms absolutely sti...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ki-travla
wfhmanager, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Bula Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your comments are really a concern for us.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience during your stay and please be assured that these have been discussed with our Team to ensure that your concerns are addressed.
I thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fiji sometime soon.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My parents stay here often and was booked in by them. We got placed in the old wing of the building and oh its BAD!

The room is clean but bathroom is soo discusting. I didnt even want to go to the toilet or have my shower. There were cockroaches coming out in the night and floors where wet when we got to our room.

we told the staff and they were kind enough to give us the room above and even that room had the same issue!

We just bared the whole experience and tried to go to bathroom in the restaurants which were much cleaner.

What a shame! they should do something about the old wing. worst experience iv had at a hotel. Dissappointing!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bula Arena,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. All feedbacks, both positive and negative is important to us. Your comments regarding the bathroom is very concerning and I would appreciate if you could email me wfhmanager@tanoahotels.com.fj so I can get details of your stay and ask my team to rectify the problem.
Asheville, NC
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed in an executive room for 4 nights in May. I was holding a conference there on the second day- Ashlyn was so helpful and the experience was great- she and her staff were able to handle everything beautifully.

I have stayed at almost all of the hotels on Denarau, and the executive level rooms are on par with the high priced resorts, but at a fraction of the price. I won't be going back to Denarau. The room was immaculate and the bed comfortable. Of course, the hotel is smaller and doesn't have the amenities that a resort on Denarau has, but the pool was all I wanted. We enjoyed drinks in the bar a few evenings with live entertainment. The bands were good.

Whatever you do, don't miss the spa. My husband and I each got a hot stone massage- literally the best massage I've had the world over (had them in many different countries and out to sea on cruises.) Abbi, the spa manager, and Renu, are gifted. Even if you don't stay there, be sure to book a massage.

There is a new restaurant in Lautoka- the Chicken BBQ- fabulous, fresh food with eager wait staff. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The slight upcharge for the Executive rooms are well worth it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank starfishblue
, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Bula,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, I was delighted to read how you enjoyed the hotel.I have shared your comments with Ashlyn and all of the team. We are delighted to know how much you appreciated the service priovided. Its great to know the efforts made are noticed.
Please feel free to contact us should your travel plans bring you back to Tanoa Waterfront Hotel as it will be my pleasure to be of your assistance.
Oz
Reviewed July 8, 2012

For the past twelve years I have stayed at the Waterfront annually for business. Over this time I've been in the position to experience great standards of service and efficiency from the very 'hands on' management team. They have always gone beyond what would be expected in terms of seeking to ensure our needs are met. The entire staff, from the ladies who clean the rooms, to the porters, the kitchen and wait staff and those at the front desk and in management are always welcoming, friendly, cheerful and helpful. The food choices in both the bar and restaurant areas are extensive (important if you're staying for an extended period of time) and the quality of the food and service is high. I can highly recommend this hotel if you are seeking a friendly, efficient, clean and enjoyable place to stay in Lautoka.
bmckenz

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Bula Bmckenz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review.It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback which will be shared with the team. This feedback will surely be beneficial for other travellers. And for us, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services & facilities.
I thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fiji next year.
Vinaka and regards,
Nadi
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have stayed here on a few occasions on my own, with family and kids as well and i would like to point out that it is one of the best places i have stayed at. I have found that the atmosphere, the room quality and the service is all upto par, would definately recommend it to everyone travelling to Lautoka or Nadi.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Australia
Reviewed June 27, 2012

If you want to experience the real Fiji, do yourself a favour and visit the very affordable Tanoa Waterfront. Enjoy fabulous hospitality, be welcomed by smiles and a chorus of "Bulas" and have your needs taken care of by the efficient staff of this excellent hotel. Fins serves an array of meals from snacks to more substantial meals, all served by the wonderful restaurant staff. The bar area has a social vibe where guests gather for a drink and evening entertainment. Escape the heat in a well-appointed air-conditioned hotel room or the relaxing pool area. Be sure to spoil yourself with a massage at the hotel spa. You are only a stroll away from Lautoka town where you can purchase all your needs or dine at a number of restaurants. I stayed with a party of sixteen people for a few weeks and we all felt pampered and didn't want to leave. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: If you really want to treat yourself stay in the executive room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amy T
, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Bula Amy,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Tanoa Waterfront Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback which will be shared with the team. This feedback will surely be beneficial for other travellers. And for us, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services & facilities.
We hope to see you again next year.
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lautoka
The Fiji Orchid
First Landing Beach Resort & Villas
Anchorage Beach Resort
Anchorage Beach Resort
#5 of 7 in Lautoka

Been to Tanoa Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!