“Great place to stay with extended family”

Tanoa Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lautoka
Sydney, Australia
“Great place to stay with extended family”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights in January whilst attending a family wedding in Lautoka. We had many family members staying at the hotel, and I cannot speak highly enough of the staff and excellent service we received. We all felt truly welcome there. The front desk and restaurant staff were always happy to accommodate our requests. My husband, daughter and I stayed in an executive suite ( room 409) which was huge with separate large walk in robe area for hanging clothes and storing suitcases. It overlooked the pool and they placed a roll away bed in the room for our daughter. If I had to find fault, there are just 2 small criticisms. The opaque window between the hotel room and bathroom could be improved with a small curtain to draw across, or to have something non- transparent to make it a bit more appropriate for families. Also we did often find our room keys would not work and have to go back to reception to get them re-set. However these were only 2 very minor inconveniences in what was a fantastic stay. As others have written the hotel is just a 5-10 minute walk to Lautoka town and is on the Lautoka waterfront, but be aware there is no beach nearby. All in all , a great place to stay in Lautoka.

Room Tip: Executive suite room 409 is huge with plenty of storage areas.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
wfhmanager, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Bula,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, I was delighted to read how you enjoyed the hotel, particularity room 409. All feedbacks, both positive and negative is important to us, we will look into the two issues highlighted.
I thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fiji sometime soon.

Nareend Kumar
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Polish first
Wellington
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Waterfront was a great place to stay for a night and share time with my best friend who came from Adelaide for a visit... it was very clean and beautiful and spacious .. the pools were clean and nice and very easy even with little children ..my little one enjoyed playing in the pool. Room service was great and so was the dinner ..! staff really friendly and happy to help ..

Room Tip: room downstairs are good easy access to pool .. upstairs has nice sunset views
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank KarunaNand
wfhmanager, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Bula Mr Karuna Nand,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, I was delighted to read how you enjoyed the hotel, particularity your kid.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

This is a great place.Walking distance to the second largest city in Fiji. The quality of service is 6 star rated. Very well mannered staff always obliging. Great location to host all kinds of parties including weddings.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Bula Mr Gopalan,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, its always a pleasure to receive positive feed backs. I have shared your comments with all of the team. Its great to know the efforts made are noticed.

Edmonton
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Everything looks nice from the outside, but on the inside the place wasn't that great. I stayed with my mom and daughter for four nights, while in Fiji visiting family. I was shocked at the amount of cockroaches we saw in this hotel. Don't get me wrong I saw a few in the 5 star hotels too, but this hotel seemed to have whole families of them! Cleanliness is very important to me and it seemed like our room smelt like dirty mop water after the room was cleaned. And the staff at the front desk were unprofessional. On our second night we were woken up to an alarm, we thought it was a fire alarm, but putting my ear to the room beside us we later found out it was coming from the room next to us. I called front desk and they said that someone would look into it but we kept on hearing it. I called 3 times when finally 1.5 hours later the noise stopped. We never heard any follow up and when I took it up with the Manager in the morning they said they would talk to the night staff, but still no apologies for our inconvenience. Usually hotel mangers are really accommodating when an error or disturbance occurs but this hotel seems to be run by a bunch of untrained people. Whenever we walked past the front desk it seemed like the women were talking behind our backs instead of welcoming us back like other hotels do. If it wasn’t for the location I would have wanted to go to another hotel immediately but I will never stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: in my opinion dont stay here
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sweet M
wfhmanager, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
Bula Sweet M
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your comments are really a concern for us.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience during your stay in September and please be assured that these have been discussed with our Team to ensure that your concerns are addressed.
We have been receiving very positive comments from our guests hence it proves that we have trained staffs and management at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel.

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns, as we believe that it is your way of allowing us the chance to better ourselves.
Regards
Canberra ACT
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We chose the Waterfront after reading other reviews and we wanted to see Lautoka.
The Waterfront Rooms are very clean and spacious. The grounds are well kept and the pool is quite large.Internet is available
Once we had checked in to our room in the Executive wing we discovered the air conditioner was leaking . Reception was advised and repaired very quickly , also a request for another lounge chair was met promptly. We had an upstairs room and had a view of the water.
Fins Restaurant has a very good continental breakfast but other meals are average.

Lautoka is not a tourist town, we enjoyed our time as we caught the local bus to & from Nadi, walked to the Port and walked around town.
Can recommend Nan Yang chinese and the Lautoka Hotel for eating.

If you are in town after 8pm catch a taxi back to hotel-Reception at the hotel and chinese restaurant advised us of this.
Taxi to airport takes around 30 mins and costs $FJ25

Room Tip: upstairs Executive Wing Room 310
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chooch54
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed February 10, 2012

First time visitor to this hotel and was pleasantly surprised with everthing on offer - hassle free check in, friendliness of staff, facilities, quality of the room and cleanliness. We had a ground floor room in the new executive wing overlooking the pool with two double beds for mum, dad and two children. We arrived at around 2 p.m. when the sun was blazing and it felt so nice to go into a pre-cooled room, from the cauldron like corridor. Room was modern, fully tiled and had all facilities required for a short stay. Resort pool is big but did get crowded on occassions. Good restaurant and bar but a bit on the pricey side for Fiji's standards. Will definitely be back not only because there are not any other viable option in Lautoka but our stay was so pleasant that we do not have to look elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
wfhmanager, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Bula Hash,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, I was delighted to read how you enjoyed the hotel, particularity the service and facilities.Its great to know the efforts made are noticed.

I thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fiji on your next trip.

Vinaka and Regards,
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I have stayed at Tanoa Waterfront, Lautoka, 5 times now over the last 2 years (Dec 09, Mar 10, Sept 10, FEB/MAR 11, DEC 11/JAN 12).
Every time I have stayed there it always makes my holiday to be the most relaxing and stress free.
I find that the service is fantastic, all the people who work there are very friendly and will go out of their way to assit you with whatever it is you need.
I have stayed in both the Executive and Standard rooms and both types of rooms are always in immaculate condition, the beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are big, the air-con is on 24/7, lots of room to move around in, on rainy days the TV always has something entertaining to offer.
The housekeeping is great, they clean the rooms everyday.
We went to the restaurant at the hotel numerous times and the food and service is great!
The pool they have is so nice and refreshing after walking around in the hot weather all day or even just after 5 minutes... I love reading by the pool whilst soaking in some sun-rays.
They also have internet at the hotel (at a small cost) and if you have your laptop, you can connect to their WI-FI.
The Day Spa is amazing!!! I had the BEST massage ever, i always reccommend to friends whom go there to get a massage.
The hotel is actually only a 5 minute walk (or if its raining 2 min taxi trip) from the main streets of Lautoka, you are close to food shopping or even just to look at all the shops.
I know ill be going back there in the near future for more relaxing and fun times :)

Room Tip: I have stayed in all 3 blocks of the hotel and all of them are double story, i prefer to be on the s...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
wfhmanager, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Bula Sinclair,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, I was delighted to read how you enjoyed the hotel. I have shared your comments with my team, its great to know the efforts made are noticed.

Vinaka and Regards
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lautoka
The Fiji Orchid
Anchorage Beach Resort
Anchorage Beach Resort
#5 of 7 in Lautoka
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to Tanoa Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!