Anchorage Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Tanoa Waterfront Hotel(Lautoka)(Great Value!)
$111
$72
$69
$47
No availability for your dates from our partners
Bounty Island Resort(Bounty Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewscane trainspa bathvuda marinavuda pointtrain tracksstar resortfish feedingkava ceremonyisland hoppingfree shuttlerelaxing holidaystaff were amazingnadi airportother resortsclivebeachcomberfiji
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We booked and stayed at The Anchorage Beach Resort during Dec 2010. We stayed in a beachside spa villa, the air-conditioning didn't work and after 2 days of discussions with management about fixing the air-cond. they said we could change rooms - but they would down grade our room ( we ended up moving into another spa villa after arguing).

Sleeping was difficult as the room walls seemed paper thin and you could hear everything the people in the villa next door were doing. Bed was also terribly hard.

While having a shower the water would turn cold if the people in the neighbouring villa where having a shower.

It was expensive to get from anywhere to the Resort or vice versa - we sometimes paid $35.00 one way for a 15km trip.

We organised a transfer with reception staff two days before we needed it, and on the day we went to reception, they hadn't organised and had forgotten the conversation.

The resturant was ok, it did have a limited menu and you did have to wait to receive your meals (one night they actually forgot about our order and it took two hours to receive meal).

Bar staff were fantastic!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jodiematt
Reviewed December 28, 2010

After reading some of the comments here I was a slightly worried about my boyfriend and my trip here over Christmas.

None of the comments about unfriendly staff, overpriced food and drinks, drunken management and poor location were all rubbish.

I work in Tourism and I would recommend this resort for those who want to get away, relax, eat and drink on the cheap and most of all enjoy great Fijian hospitality.

We went to the Sheraton for a day at Denarau island and spent $500 AUD on quite possibly the worst dinner in my lifetime. Staff were rude and made me think Anchorage has a lot going for it!

Joseph in the bar and Anu the sales and marketing manager were incredible.

I would highly recommend for a budget holiday with great views!

Mia

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank Miapeders83
Reviewed December 19, 2010

stayed here in nov/dec 2010 my daughter got married here.The owners of the anchorage were fantastic they made our holiday, with their generous nature ,friendliness,and they were always there to help. the staff were wonderful too. Can honestly say was one of the best holidays ever had and it was all down to the owners and staff.would definitely go back so a big THANK YOU to all..

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2010

As part of a wedding party, I firstly read some of the review's on TA. I first felt quite apphrensive about the Anchorage Beach Resort. I need not have worried.
On arrival, although very early, we were shown to our mountain view room by a friendly staff member. The twin room was bright with a balcony over looking the mountains and the bay to our right. Air con a ceiling fan and tv all in good order. A phone in the room to contact reception for transport down the hill, room service or to order taxi's etc. This also enabled us to connect with the other room's used by our party. There was a constant supply of tea and coffee in the room, and an iron and ironing board provided. Beach towels were provided at reception. Housekeeping tended the room daily.
Although not perfect I have stayed in 4 star hotels, in which room standards have been lower than this budget resort.
The food in restaurant was very good and staff attentive, polite and smiling. The cook was always prepared to cook anything we requested, as long as she had the necessary ingredients to do so. The continental breakfast was more than adequate. Again on request a cooked breakfast would be provided.
The pool was clean and kayak's available when required.
The wedding took place high on the hill overlooking the bay. The covered area was decorated with flowers and ribbon. The white walkway to the wedding arch, was scattered with fresh flowers, the perfume of which filled the space. The bride's flowers were provided as were the groom and best man's floral garlands.The service was awesome and the photographer likewise
The reception had been arranged on the restraurant decking, overlooking the sea. A surpprise wedding cake was provided by the management .
Nothing was too much trouble, to ensure that we all had a day to remember.
The photographer even returned later to take sunset photos of the bride and groom.
Many extras were provided, ie: The brides hair and that of the flower girls, a massage for bride and groom, plus a romantic meal of their choice the following evening on the bridge. Just to name but a few.
Everyone involved made this a wedding to remember.
Not everything went to plan initially. We arived with a missing case, last seen at check-in at LAX. Reception staff tried daily to trace this. An emergency dentist was needed and they found me one, even if it was late on a Saturday afternoon. I even had an escort to ensure that I got there and back safely.
Would I recommend this resort. If it is a quiet relaxing holiday or a wedding package you are looking for absolutely. However for anyone with mobility problems, I would recommed a seaview room. Although transport is provided because of the hill, seaview is more conveniant. Young people looking to party may find the pace here too slow. However it would make a good place to recover after the party. :-)
True, the mozies are a pain, however they come with the rain's, regardless of the ground's being sprayed. People who complain about geckos, may like to consider the fact that they eat the mozies.
What this resort lacks in luxury, it more than makes up for in customer service.
Thank's guy's, you are all awesome.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank confusedrabbit
Reviewed November 30, 2010

The hotel is in need of upgrading if it wants returning customers. Rooms quite basic although they are palatial in comparison to surrounding villages and homes. Some staff are very good and attentive. On my visit I found the service slow. on the first occassion we ordered lunch and had to wait almost an hour to be served, this was probably due to a large group from ANZ bank who had a buffet organised. The second was poor service and a long wait for dinner because a group of travel agents had decided to stay at the hotel. Their dinner was served with enthusiasm whereas our group were small and had been there for three nights. We would not eat at the same hotel 4 nights in succession had there been anywhere else to go, so they had a captive audience so to speak. One night we fancied choosing a pizza, but were told that they had ran out of cheese, quite strange when they were giving out Pizza menus cards, if i was suspicious I would suggest it was due to pizzas being half the price of their other main meals !!! The resort taxis are very unrelaible, we had an occassion where we were waiting 2 hours on the resort van coming for us, it was taking the "its Fiji Time" to extreme, particularly when we had called the hotel 2 times and was assued it would be with us shortly, in the Fiji humidity this was probably not the best thing to say for customer service. the offer of a free drink was accepted but later we got a soft dring"on the house" I suppose they suspected I would choose an expensive cocktail if asked,

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family