Our room had been incorrectly advertised a mountain spa room, the picture shows a sunken spa bath in the veranda. The bath was in the bathroom, the veranda offered a superb view but had a large coconut tree through the middle. the single bed was a 5x2 feet bed, even though the hotel knew that we were a mother with a grown up son and a 9 year old daughter!! We upgraded to their 'best' villa which cost over Fj$400 a night..
The airconditioning wasn't working so we called reception to let them know then went off into Lautoka to see friends. When we returned some 4 hours later the air conditioning still wasn't working...we phoned reception again and a capenter was sent down! He banged the unit several times then seitched it off and on. It began working again although very noisily the capenter left and the air conditioning stopped again, we switched it off and on still didn't work. Phoned reception again and the carpenter came again this time he wedged a stick behind the interior unit and the wall and announced that it was broken and that the technician would be in tomorrow.
Meanwhile the one fan didn't work, the lampshades were filthy, there were cobwebs everywhere, there was dirt and webs between the slats of the bed, both armchairs were broken and flithy, the was a bottle of shampoo wedged down the bath plug hole, the ironing board was burned and filthy, two of the lamps didn't work, one of the light switches was hanging off the wall, there were no bath plugs, the tv didn't work at all, the remote controls for the tv and the airconditioner were broken (one had been roughly sellotaped). The louvres were too dirty to even touch. There were holes in the mosquito netting.
The technician came after re attaching the air-con unit to the wall he announced that it need a new outside unit and that he didin't have one. He hosed the external unit with cold water and this made the unit inside work for a few hours. He replaced one of the light swtches with another old one and it didn't work either we still stayed another night in that room..
Then I'd had enough, my daughter had paid for me to stay in this luxury boutique hotel for 8 days, my friends had all put money together to send me back to Fiji from the UK as I am very poorly with cancer amongst other things. I went to the manager and told him of all my complaints and explaining my ill health and requesting that I should be having a stress free holiday.
They moved us to another villa with working air conditioning. 5 of them spent 3 hours or so in there having a bit of a clean. When we arrived I saw a mouse scarper up the wall, the fridge leaked, only 40% of the wooden louvres actually worked, all 3 of us got bitten by bed lice..every night for the next 5 nights!
What there was of the childrens park was rusty and disgusting. My daughter woud not play anywhere near it. There is no gym, there were no activities!
I discovered that when a room is vacated the blankets are thrown on the bushes for an airing, not washed! Sheets are changed every other day (whether they need it of not! LOL) .
The free drinks are grenadine and orange squash yuk!! The additives in grenadine and a lot of the orange squashes are banned for the use of children in UK, Australia and the USA. The breakfast was poor, to say the least and the dishes were a miss matched mess of chipped cracked and often dirty dishes, with tatty old plastic beakers for your orange squash. I wouldn't use any of the dishes in my home not even for camping! My home is much cleaner and I do not have any sort of OCD!!
All the other hotels we stayed in prior and post to the Anchorage had also provided free breakfasts and were cheaper and were better, cleaner, beds changed every day, delicious food and no squash!
When I went to settle the upgrade bill I complained and asked for some financial recompense for the 2 nights spent in a non air conditioned room and explained again that even though they had done a 'deep clean' that their effort had been pathetic and minimal and was still disgustingly filthy. There was nothing forthcoming, no recompense, no apology and the young manager Sam, had had to get his manager Arron (who did not once look me in the eye) and he had had to defer and phone the owner Brandon I would never go there again and would strongly advise anyone not to bother. The nicest thing about the place is the swimming pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Experience the best of Fiji by staying at the Anchorage Beach Resort on mainland Fiji, perfect for couples or the whole family. The Anchorage beach resort will provide the perfect launching pad to experience the wonders of the Mamanuca islands. We are often the choice for many travelers first or last night on the mainland when proximity to the international airport is an absolute must. From here you are in reach of some of the best surf and crystal clear snorkeling Fiji has on offer and various mainland excursions and activities.We are an intimate hillside boutique resort with its own secluded palm fringe beach, set amidst lush tropical gardens with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, nearby mountains and uninhabited islands in the distance. Join us for a truly relaxing tropical getaway.Do as much, or as little, as you please. Relax and unwind on the beach and by the pool. Wander through our tropical gardens. Take an afternoon nap on a hammock. Learn the local culture from our friendly Fijian staff. Indulge in delicious meals. Or embark on a variety of excursions available from the resort jetty. Our comfortable rooms are set in a tranquil environment - just meters from the beach or in the gardens providing the magical backdrop for the most amazing sunrises and the majestic sunsets.Our resort's super convenient location provides one of our most important benefits. We are located only 20 minutes from the Nadi International Airport , 10 minutes from the Sugar City of Lautoka and 2 minutes from the historical Visesei Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Anchorage Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anchorage Beach Hotel Lautoka
- Anchorage Beach Lautoka
- Anchorage Beach Resort Fiji/Lautoka