We stayed in Fiji from 9th Oct-16th Oct 2012. After reading the reviews I was wondering if this place would be that nice, turns out some people are just too picky. We did a scoopon so we got that place for $500 for 7nights for 2 ppl. It was great. They upgraded our room to beachside spa villa which we didnt like. The rooms are more expensive and not worth it. The only differnce is that there is a spa on the balcony, but its way too hot and mugy to be a spa. THe room isnt much bigger than the others. There was no view from most of these villas as they are behind each other, the only one that would have a ocean view would be the front one. The villas also have wooden louvers so if you want to have the air con on you need to shut all the louvers which mean there is not natual light coming in because they are wooden not glass, so they room was very dark. We asked when we got there if we could down grade back to the orginal room which they were happy to do the following day.
So the room we stayed in was Oceanfront spa room 305. It had two double beds. This had a spa in the bathroom that you could open the window and look out at the beach. The room was sizy, enough for the two of us. Like the other reviews it did have problems in the bathroom with some seals that were a bit brown but this didnt make our stay any less pleasent. We got used to it after being there for 24hrs. We had our rooms made up each day at no extra cost which was great because they changed the towels, which we needed because we forgot to bring beach towels so we had to take the with us on day trips. There was also a mini bar fridge and iron in the apartment. It was great because it was right next to pool and restaurant and wasnt a hassel to go down there. There is also a restauanrt up top which is worth walking up the hill for one night as the view is wonderful. I think that the garden rooms would be nice too, but would be more hassel to go to pool as massive hill.
This place was great because if you needed anything they were only to happy to help. The people are amazing and so nice and relaxed that it was and immediate affect to forgot about the world for a week. They have activites through out the day, every day and most nights they have a band or some sort of entertainment including fire dancers which was fantastic, we were never bored, but on the same hand it was very relaxing.
The food was good. I dont like alot of meat so I stuck to the vegeratarin options just because the meat did taste different to me, but most other peopl enjoyed it. We were told that the water is fine but we might not be used to it so we decided to go to general store and buy our own for the week.
We did 3 day trips out to the island becasue they water at the place isnt the nicest for swimming but it is very relaxing to look at. We went to beachcomber twice because it was so cheap. it was about $50 Aus and includs lunch. They do a snorkel trip of no extra charge out just off the island which is wonderful. We saw coral, blue starfish, rainbow fish, angel fish, clown fish. Was alot of fun. Beachcomber is know as party island so they have activities go alll day and music playing all day, its alot of fun for younge and old.
We also went to treasure island. This was more expensive. We went to Denarua marina and went with South Sea Crusies. This included lunch as well and was whole day. Took about 50mins via cab to get there. (We went to Denarua because the group that organises it at Anchorage is expensive and its only half day and doesnt include lunch, so was cheaper to pay $50Fj for cab) This place is well worth a day trip. We got 2 course lunch included and use of the pool. They also have activites going all day. They dont do a snorkle trip but you can snorkle about 2m off the beach and there is pleanty of coral and fish there. The pool there is amazing, its looks right out at the ocean and towards beachcomber island.
Back to Anchorage Resort: The pool is amazing, if you hang around the side the waiters will come and ask if you want a drink and you can charge it to the room. We did use the swim up bar one night but there often wasnt anyone there(so just hang around the edges of the pool and they will attend to you) We spent alot of time in the pool becuase it was so good. The hammocks are great to, make sure you spend some time in there. They also have makerts set up there to buy stuff.
There is a sugar cane train the goes straight through the resort, we loved this. They also said you can walk down the train tracks to the village and dont worry if they train comes because you can out run it. We walked down the tracks (10-15mins) to Vuda Point Marina. Well worht the walk. There is a genral store and atm there and the Sunset Bar is amazing. Very cheap drinks and great to watch the sunset over the ocean as we dont get that is QLD,(it sets over the mountains). They had band playing and was so relaxing sitting on grass. THere is also a restaurant there.
We did trip to Lautoka for some souvierns. Didnt really like it in town as was bit dirty. Went to Jacks store(its a franchise of good souviers) was pretty cheap and nice, then just got water and went back home. Be careful of people coming up to you, you will think they are really nice but they are just trying to sell you something and you wont be able to bring it back home because the wood isnt quaranteened.
Be careful if you want to use the kayaks. They are supposed to be free to use but the company Splash that orgainses tours will try and get you to use theres which are $10 for 30mins. Make sure you tell them you want to use the resorts, because you wont have to pay for them. There tours are pretty expensive too. If you want to go to Beachcoomber book it through reception as it is cheaper with them as it is there sister resort.
This place is great for couples,family and friends. We will definalty be coming back next year.
Happy to answer any quetions you have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Experience the best of Fiji by staying at the Anchorage Beach Resort on mainland Fiji, perfect for couples or the whole family. The Anchorage beach resort will provide the perfect launching pad to experience the wonders of the Mamanuca islands. We are often the choice for many travelers first or last night on the mainland when proximity to the international airport is an absolute must. From here you are in reach of some of the best surf and crystal clear snorkeling Fiji has on offer and various mainland excursions and activities.We are an intimate hillside boutique resort with its own secluded palm fringe beach, set amidst lush tropical gardens with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, nearby mountains and uninhabited islands in the distance. Join us for a truly relaxing tropical getaway.Do as much, or as little, as you please. Relax and unwind on the beach and by the pool. Wander through our tropical gardens. Take an afternoon nap on a hammock. Learn the local culture from our friendly Fijian staff. Indulge in delicious meals. Or embark on a variety of excursions available from the resort jetty. Our comfortable rooms are set in a tranquil environment - just meters from the beach or in the gardens providing the magical backdrop for the most amazing sunrises and the majestic sunsets.Our resort's super convenient location provides one of our most important benefits. We are located only 20 minutes from the Nadi International Airport , 10 minutes from the Sugar City of Lautoka and 2 minutes from the historical Visesei Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Anchorage Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anchorage Beach Hotel Lautoka
- Anchorage Beach Lautoka
- Anchorage Beach Resort Fiji/Lautoka