Anchorage Beach Resort
$143
$89
$163
$158
Tanoa Waterfront Hotel(Lautoka)(Great Value!)
$103
$522
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
All reviewscane trainspa bathvuda marinavuda pointtrain tracksstar resortfish feedingkava ceremonyisland hoppingfree shuttlerelaxing holidaystaff were amazingnadi airportother resortsclivebeachcomberfiji
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Did you want to sleep in a bed that smells of mildew?
Did you want food poisoning?
Are you looking for a toilet that won't flush?
Do you want repeated horrid, tasteless slop with hair in it in lieu of food?
Do you want to escape the Anchorage Resort, island hop, and watch a dead body float up to the shore of a missing tourist?
Do you want to swim in the smallest pool with NO service at the swim up bar?
If you're looking to stay somewhere that does NOT have a beach, even though it advertises that it does - THEN GO STAY AT THE ANCHORAGE!!

My boyfriend and I bought a deals.com voucher and we were not expecting 4 or 5 star, but this resort is abominable. The owner should be ashamed.

• Stayed: May 2012
10  Thank SezEmily
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed 6 nights by way of a scoupon deal. Could not beat the value for the money paid.
We had a ocean front spa room on the top storey (316) clean comfortable room serviced daily with a great outlook overlooking the pool and ocean.
The continental breakfast was adequate for the normal person and if you wanted a cooked meal you could at a reasonable cost.
Evening meals were sensational and varied also at a reasonable cost.
The trip to Beachcomber Island as mentioned was a bit of an adventure with the crew trying to cram as many people and stores as possible, a bit unsafe. The trip back was even more an adventure hanging on to anything you could so you weren't thrown out in rough seas.
The only other complaint was there were not enough activities to keep you occupied as the resort is pretty remote from villages and towns this especially if you had children.
If you were after a relaxing holiday lazing around the pool, eating , drinking and sleeping this is the place to go.
Friendly people clean rooms, clean pool and lovely restaurant in great surroundings.

Definitely book Junior if you want a taxi.

Bula Bob and Jo (Perth Aust )

Room Tip: Top storey Ocean Front Spa rooms the way to go, as long as the train is not running.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Bulla2012
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed at the Anchorage resort for 7 nights 2 weeks ago on our Scoopon voucher. Despite all the negative comments on tripadvisor over the past months, we had a lovely time there. This is not a 5 star hotel, it is about 3 stars, so if you want 5 star quality go somewhere else. Yes there are problems in the rooms although we were one of the fortunate ones that didn’t have any major problems in our room 303. The water leaked from under the vanity onto the floor, I just put the bathmat over it. Our shower head and shower door were good but I know they weren’t in other rooms. I don’t know why they give out the remote controls for the tv because they don’t work and even though we phoned them they never did anything about it, but we could only get 2 channels anyway. The rooms have in room safes but they don’t work. We stayed in the rooms at the bottom of the hill and our room was very large. I wouldn’t stay at the top if you have problems walking up a steep hill. The rooms at the top have another pool nearby and also another restaurant where the food is brought up from the restaurant below. Our room was cleaned everyday, but of course as soon as we walked in we brought in dirt and sand so therefore the floor was dirty, not the fault of the cleaners who were very nice. The grounds are very nice, the pool was cleaned everyday and the restaurant was lovely to sit outside and look over the water and watch the sunset. Even when it was low tide there was no smell. Breakfast was more than adequate for a continental, juice was ok, individual size cereals, toast with toppings, tea/coffee and fruit. We managed to eat enough to keep us going till evening. We thought the evening food was very good for the price. On one night we went to the Marina (the resort will take you there and pick you up later for $5fjdollars each way) and waited 45 minutes to be served and then 1 ½ hours to get our meal. Wouldn’t go back there again. The atmosphere at the Anchorage in the evenings was very relaxed and enjoyable. The guests were friendly also. The staff were very nice and attentive but you have to accept that they move to their own time, Fiji time. Clive is a real character. The trip to beachcomber Island was good but the trip back over choppy waters at a fast speed was a bit scary, with no life jackets and I was holding on the whole way. I saw lots of people go with little children but they all survived. The negatives at this hotel didn’t detract from our lovely relaxing stay at the Anchorage. It is not a huge resort so there is not too many people around. There was a range of age groups, and the children seemed to enjoy themselves even though there wasn't a lot of entertainment except the pool. Sleep quality was good except for a couple of nights when we had people next door who thought they could talk and laugh for hours during the night but you can get this anywhere. The cane train does go right past the rooms at the bottom but it wasn't running when we were there. Starts again in June.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank wallabyjo2
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Beautiful location and great position of the restaurant and pool right on the water. Shame that from 7am to 6pm on one day of our stay there was a Bollywood film being shot, with no warning given to guests, meaning that extremely loud music was being blasted throughout the day & 50 crew had taken over the majority of the space to eat or swim. The complimentary breakfast that morning was repeatedly interspersed with what seemed like a flood light that would suddenly be shined on you out of nowhere as the crew chased the dancing girls around the pool & restaurant. The rooms are quite average, relatively clean. Possibly the worst shower (or more accurately a tepid trickle) that I had ever had. Some staff were fantastically warm and accommodating, others cold & disinterested. If its a budget holiday with a nice view that your looking for than great. If you want a bit more I suggest looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Christine00000
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Anchorage earlier this year in Feb 2012. First of all I would like to say that the staff are fantastic. They were very cheerful, considering they do work very long hours. The massage was awesome. We stayed in the beachfront bures. Was very spacious, some what clean. I must say that the mattress was absolutly hard as a rock! The shower head was in need of major repairs as it kept falling out of its socket. The meals were actually really nice. We both looked forward to the specials every night for dinner, which never dissapointed. One thing that really upset me was the boat trip to Beachcomber Island. First of all, on our way there there were approx 9-10 ppl in a tiny boat, none of us were given life jackets. I dont recall seeing any life jackets on board. Beachcomer day trip was not all that. Was actually really boring, a very very long day. On our way back we had to battle high seas. For a person that cannot swim, the boat trip back was very horrifying. First of all the sea was extremtly rough, we had to jump from one boat on to the smaller boat which was a mission. Seconly we had to battle the rough sea back to the Anchorage. I swear that i literally bounced 1/2 metre high off my seat. I had a very very sore back after that. Not to mention that non of us were wearing life jackets. I find this very unacceptable. Anything could have happended and no one had life jackets. I would not recommend this boat trip to anyone with kids or who is not that comfortable at sea as its not a very pleasent experience. It certianly could have given me heart attack! Overall experience was average. Location wise, it costs around FJD 30-40 to get form the resort to Nadi township, the resort is queit secluded from any shops.
I dont think we will be visiting the Anchorage anytime soon, maybe never!

Room Tip: The beachfront bures are spacious but the mattress is hard as a rock. TV reception not that great either
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple