The food at this resort is some of the best I have tasted in the world.The standard of food and presentation far exceeds the price of the product. Darren you and your team are doing an amazing job, I have not stopped talking about the food.Huge selection of dishes ranging from 16.50 FJD upwards.
The location is beautiful but you are a little isolated. Be aware that there is a lot of development going on around in the area, and it can be noisey, but honestly it did not bother us.The boatyard restaurant and sunset bar next door at Vuda marina are worth a visit if you fancy a change. They had open air cinema during our stay. Food is good but not comparable to first landing, but a wifi pass is slightly cheaper there if you are on a budget.
The staff are amazing, Amanda they are your biggest asset, they made our holiday. Noteably John Jack, Jo, Jo anbd Floyd at the bar, Nem, and all the housekeeping girls who left wonderful messages on the bed everyday.
Best Bits: too many to mention, but the staff entertainment night was fab, so much work went into it and these people had already done a full days work. Advisable to book to get a good seat in the restaurant.
Room for improvement:The menbu pricing needs checking, on several evenings me and my wife had menus with differing prices.The accomodation is in need of some TLC, but remember this is Fiji and the standards are not the same as in Western countries. None the less some repairs need to be one and maybe a lick of paint here or there.
Overall value for money I can not fault the resort. Relax into Fiji time and enjoy! I will definately be re visiting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our first guests arrived 3,500 years ago and liked the place so much, they stayed ...According to local legend, the first Fijians arrived around 1500 BC, landing on the beach at First Landing. Today, you too can discover and enjoy this intimate, authentic Fijian resort, ideally located only 25 minutes away from Nadi and 35 minutes from Denarau Island, for your Fiji holiday. The resort has easy access to the nearby Mamanuca Islands, by boat from the resort’s new jetty or adjacent Vuda Yacht Marina daily. The resort is nestled amidst magnificent tropical gardens, majestic palms and massive rain trees, just 15 minutes by road from Nadi Airport, and blessed with one of the only white sand beaches in the Nadi area. The beach faces due west, giving breathtaking sunsets across the nearby islands. We are a small, owner-operated resort, featuring a range of accommodation options from Fijian style Bures to our two bedroom, luxurious, self-catering Royal Villa or Garden Villas, each situated in their own enclosed tropical garden with a full sized pool. We also have a lively bar and popular beachside restaurant. We pride ourselves on personal attention to our guests, and the genuine hospitality of our staff will ensure your stay is a memorable one. First Landing Beach Resort is the perfect location for a destination stay in Fiji, in combination with an outer island resort or cruise or a short stop-over in Fiji due to our location. Come and learn about the fascinating history, culture and natural heritage of this very special place.First Landing Beach Resort is famous for our true Bula Pride and Spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your First Landing Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- First Landing Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Lautoka
- 1st Landing Beach Resort & Villas
- First Landing Beach Resort And Villas
- First Landing Beach Hotel
- First Landing Beach Resort & Villas Fiji/Lautoka