“Good Chicken”

BBQ Chicken Lautoka
Ranked #9 of 34 Restaurants in Lautoka
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Casual Smart Dine in with friendly staff serving European, Chinese, American food. Full bar with family seating.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Place was relatively new in this location but folks in this region of the world are familiar with this chain type chicken joint. After almost 2 weeks traveling Fiji's wilds in ocean and on land, I admit to having a real desire for some American style fast food chicken, or close to it. BBQ Chicken fit the bill. I had a chicken sandwich platter with fries which I took to go. The fries weren't great but the sandwich was. No complaints. Would return.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had takeaway lunch for family of 8 plus a child...spend out $84....this was my first n last visit to this shop....we al were so hungry so we ddnt cared about what type of staff or what so ever as long as my food is fine but after having my family had to go through hell of sickness..upset stomach nd vomiting...whole nite we were going through terrible nite....nd next day early morning had to catch flight back to New Zealand......I hope hope they do look into it da quality of food...even while I was waiting for meal for about 40mins saw guest returned nd cancel meals....company should hire trained staff not cheap labour who dnt know wat they r doing

eriq o, head chef at BBQ Chicken Lautoka, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

i would like to apologize for the inconvenience that it may have caused you and your family. however there are some factor that may prove it otherwise.....

to start with- our daily prep is done in a massive quantity since we have to cater for average of 150 guests daily..... any remaining prep in the end of the day is carefully examined and disposed , so should 9 people get sickness from our product the other 141 should also get food poisoning- same as you.... in which did not and had never happened, we have a group of experience chef to maintain and provide every guest the freshest and Bests food we have to offer...

food poisoning is a very very serious case in which we intend to look close, such case should be backed up with medical certificate and since you are a local residence please feel free to drop in and see us.

rest assure that this case will be taken seriously since damage is done on you or our reputation, please take note that we will take necessary action to those who create an alias (alt) account only to ruin our reputation

have a good day

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have come here a couple of times and every-time my experience differs, sometimes service is prompt, other days it is very slow.

Food was delicious and the atmosphere is very nice.

Suggestion-- get staff who have a friendly approach to customers. Most of the staff seem to scare people away with their attitude, but otherwise this is a lovely place and i highly recommend it when visiting Lautoka

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

My family and I took friends out for dinner there one night..we all ordered different things but Everything we ate had something wrong with it..my drumstick size was half the size of what they would give us the very first time they opened..Jamaican rice had absolutely no flavor, only soy sauce..pizza ordered had a very soft dough..and the chicken burger ordered had a very dry pattie. At the end of dinner, my friend and I ordered coffee, only to see her cup had lipstick on it, which we returned. It was such a bad dinner, money wasted I would say. When BBQ chicken first opened, it was so classy and food was delicious, now it has really turned the other way.

1  Thank Kyr J S
Reviewed January 3, 2013

AC! There is not many places with good AC, they have. The BBQ in the meny wasn't order able, why we don't know. Not fancy, fair priced. They hade Absolut Vodka, as a swede, I think that was nice!

1  Thank Agneta1964