Our family made an unusual choice for what could be our last winter break together alone (kids going off to college, etc.) and chose to stay in one beautiful spot for the whole 10 days, instead of packing an itinerary with educational but frenetic touring as we had in the past. It was an experiment. Would we grow restless and bored of each other and the place? The result: Pure Magic. From the moment the ever-smiling - and infectious-laughing- Ma met us at the tiny airport with homemade leis and refreshing cold towels, we felt at home - but in a naturally lavish tropical paradise. The rest of the staff had assembled to serenade us with cheerful traditional music and more smiles. Oh, and a cold drink in a coconut of course. The rest is a blur of excellent food, cheerful service, sun, beauty, gorgeous coral reef-exploring, kayaking, new but cherished friendships and, perhaps most importantly, a deep and enduring re-connection for our family. The other reviews on this site have correctly described the fantastic amenities and other details, but I wanted to give my view of the essence and joy of the place. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With only seven villas, Savasi is the ultimate in luxury and privacy, the perfect getaway for a blissful vacation, wedding or honeymoon, where authentic Fijian hospitality, in a truly unique and pristine environment, rejuvenates the mind, body and spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Orbitz so you can book your Savasi Island Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savasi Island Villas Hotel Savusavu
- Savasi Island Villas Fiji/Savusavu