“Nice place, nicer people”

Naveria Heights Lodge
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Savusavu
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Had my wonderful first visit in breathtaking Savusavu, definately worth the name of hidden paradise. I'm so glad I've made the right choice of accommodation, Naveria Heights Lodge is simply the best. Sharon is such a fun host, breakfast is huge yet healthy, view is stunning...In fact, I kinda did nothing but enjoy the beauty of our mother nature, but that's exactly the sort of holiday I'm longing for. Next time, will be back with OW license, so we can get wet and wild. Be prepared Sharon, lol:)

Love,
Flora

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Flora Q
There are newer reviews for Naveria Heights Lodge

Reviewed July 21, 2013

As soon as you walk into the door of this place you'll be left speechless by the sheer beauty of it all. The wood panelled lounge/kitchen is beautifully decorated as are all of the rooms. The private balconies looking out from a very high point across gorgeous Savusavu bay are spectacular, it really is five star accomodation.

However, if you go you must make sure that the owner, Sharon, will be there too. For our three night stay, Sharon was away and so we were left in the lovely, amiable but ultimately incompetent hands of her house staff. The lady was truly very friendly but she clearly had not been briefed on the most basic services.

For starters, with Sharon absent, we were unable to do any of the adventure tours that the property boasts as Sharon conducts them herself and no replacement had been arranged. Very disappointing as its one of the main reasons we chose the place. We were asked to pay for the 4WD taxi that brought us to the house even though transfers were marked as included on the offer, the housekeeper didn't seem to understand when I explained this or know what to do about it. No big deal. The brochure in the house talks about how they'd be happy to arrange scuba diving with the best operators in the area. Great! I asked our host if she wouldn't mind doing this for me, she gave me a phone number to call them myself. I asked if I could maybe use the house phone as my Australian mobile would charge me international rates and was told "No, Sharon won't be happy if she gets a big bill". It would've been a local call so would've cost mere cents but ok, no big deal.

My girlfriend then wanted to arrange a massage. Excellent, this looks like something our host can arrange for us. We were to return at 4pm where the masseuse would be waiting. Fantastic. After cutting short our day to return for the massage (no other time was possible apparently) the host had clearly forgotten to call the masseuse and spent a frantic half hour trying to arrange it but she couldn't find the phone number. We suggested she call the owner, Sharon, but didn't want to for fear of running up a phone bill. Finally, she found the number herself, booked the massage for an hour's time then came and found us half an hour later to tell us the masseuse "is not coming". No reason given. Wonderful.

On the morning we were due to leave I noticed a new car in the driveway with Naveria Heights branding. A woman introduced herself as being the person that was standing in for Sharon whilst she was away. We'd been there three nights and had never seen her before, she seemed a little embarrassed at this but offered no apologies whatsoever.

All in all, it's a gorgeous place but ensure Sharon is there. I never met her but she can't be any worse than her replacements.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chris A
naveria, Owner at Naveria Heights Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

So sorry your stay at Naveria was not as it should have been. Indeed what you have mentioned are things that should have taken place naturally in my absence. I will en-devour to fix this problem so it is run more efficiently and effectively when I am away.
Vinaka

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Location on top of the hill above the town of Savusavu makes this place irresistable and unique. The bay view is the best you get get on Fiji. But on top you do have an extremely friendly and warm staff who handles all requests with Fijian warm mentality.
So you really feel like in your best friends private Villa.
The interior fits perfectly into the beautiful Fijian Gardens that are surrounding the place
of Naveria Heights Lodge.
We went there for a Seminar to attend. But I would return always for relaxxing days and
to have the best base for any adventure to explore from there on top of the bay with the best view.

Room Tip: All three rooms offer an outstanding view and are all Special.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Naveria Heights Adventure Lodge is the best place in SavuSavu to stay. It is a small and intimate lodge, high up on a hill with the most gorgeous view over the treetops. I think I took a hundred pictures up on the balcony. The hardwood finishing’s and the coconut wood furniture (she designs herself) are amazing. Sharon and her staff are very welcoming and helpful and her kids are the most polite and respectful little gentlemen. Everything you’ll need is provided for including lovely smelling Fiji products your room and the breakfast is very healthy and filling.

This is a true adventure lodge and even the driveway is a challenge in itself! You must go on the waterfall hike and have a walk around the nearby land behind the lodge. Very beautiful jungle, you will truly feel like you are on the set of King Kong! There is also a massage included in the rate from a lovely Fijian lady whose name has escaped me and do not miss out on this. The best massage I have had in a long time if ever!

The uber fit and fabulous Sharon is also very knowledgeable about the land and the Fijian way of life and can teach you about the plants and herbs that the locals use for their food and medicines. You’ll have to try some Kura juice, which tastes foul but it very good for you!

Vinaka vaka levu. I will be back for a detox/adventure retreat and for some of those Bara and Bhajias…after the detox of course!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was our big error; spending only a few days at Naveria Heights at the beginning of our vacation. We had a fabulous stay; we loved everything about the place. Clean, unbelievable views, great breakfasts, being made to feel welcome, lovely housekeeper, quiet rooms, attractively decorated, personal touches like fresh flowers in our bathroom and at our doorway. We also did some activities with Sharon as our guide, including river tubing, hot spring mud bath and diving.

We live in Canada so travel to Fiji is a challenge. But Naveria Heights is a must-stay in one of the world's must-visit countries. You couldn't hope for any better.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013

In looking for a place to stay before and after Life & Wealth Mastery, I came across this beautiful B&B on the internet and I was most pleased with myself upon arrival. The adventure begins at the bottom of the hill as it has been carved out just enough for a 4-wheel drive to get up through lush green trees and beautiful flowers. Once at the top you come to the door and when it opens Naveria Heights Lodge is just breathe taking; with its high polished hard wood floors and handmade wood furniture throughout. Each room has a panoramic view of the ocean and is stylishly decorated with local art and crafts. Staff (Sarita, Vere took great care of me) is supper friendly and Sharron is just the best, there are adventures and she knows how to find them all. With three rooms you can find peace and quiet here (awesome place for Yoga and meditation any time of day) plus one is also able to make a connection with other people who are traveling and even share adventures together. I often travel alone and it was nice to go water tubing with some of the other guest. I had the pleasure of staying 5 nights and I must say even then I was not ready leave.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JeNean N
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Having looked at previous TripAdvisor reviews for Naveria, I decided it was the place for me to tag a few days vacation onto the end of a business trip. Sharon was very patient in helping me to organise my stay and she also organised my 5 days of diving with Koro Sun Diving.
On arrival, one is awed by the view - truly spectacular across Savusavu Bay and constantly changing the whole time I was there. No matter the weather, the view is enchanting.
The rooms are of a good standard and very clean. Everything works. Breakfast on the deck is lovely and a good variety is offered.
I really felt a part of the family. Sharon and her lovely, polite sons Brandon and Dylan included me in watching movies of a night and even dinner out.
NO hesitation in recommending Naveria Heights as a place to stay. I just need to work out when I can get back again and bring my wife along.
Vinaka vaka levu to Sharon and the whole team at Naveria Heights.

Room Tip: If you can afford the Pool Side room, do it !
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo