Daku Resort
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Emaho Sekawa Resort(Savusavu)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjj and deliayoga retreatyoga platformlong tableother guestscommunal tablepool houseroad scholarsavusavu bayinteresting peopletaxi ridedive packageowners and stafffijian familygreat companyocean view bureceiling fan
Reviewed September 19, 2012

What a wonderful place for relaxation and painting,the staff and owners are all friendly and helpful.The scenery for painting was so beautiful even on a overcast day, would like to come back for more of the same.Found the rooms clean and tidy with fresh flowers each day and the food was outstanding, so if you are looking for a break from everyday life, go well worth the trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2012

What a fantastic place to stay. I only stayed one night, and was by myself, but was instantly made to feel like part of the family. JJ is an absolute hoot and got a grin from me everytime I saw him. A sweet tropical home away from home - I'll be back soon!

1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I had the most wonderful week of my life at Daku Resort. The owners Delia and JJ, the staff and the other guests were just so great. We were very warmly welcomed from the first morning that we arrived and made to feel like part of the family. Nothing was too much trouble and anything that you asked for was sorted out immediately. The food was just to die for and I certainly did over indulge in that department. I certainly would love to go back and highly recommend a stay here to anyone who needs to rejuvenate the body and spirits. Maybe another quilting retreat next year.

1  Thank AndiM824
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This place was AWESOME! I came here for a 1 week yoga retreat. The moment that I arrived, everybody here treated me like family. JJ picked me up from the airport, and he is just hilarious and so much fun! I forgot to bring an outlet adapter, and I thought I was going to have to walk to town to get one, but one of the guys let me borrow his. I wanted to go snorkeling, and Delia took me to all sorts of different places where it was just AMAZING. I felt like I could spend all day underwater. There's also a trail right next to the resort. It's a bit of a steep climb, but has stunning views!
The food here is also extremely delicious! You also get fresh fruit and freshly-squeezed juices. Lunch and dinner are never the same. Plus, you also get dessert after dinner. They cater to any of your needs without hesitation - vegetarian, dairy free, etc.
Throughout the trip, I got to meet all kinds of cool people. I met Norm, who does open water swims, and we decided to do the first annual swim to Cousteau Resort - 3 miles. Super fun experience! Warm water, beautiful fish, and everybody at Cousteau waiting for us.
I highly recommend staying here if you want a fun and memorable experience in Fiji. I definitely plan to come back one day!

Room Tip: If you'd like an outdoor shower, you can request a room with one - a pretty cool experience!
1  Thank Lorraine L
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had a truly wonderful stay at Daku! The Cottage was our home for 2 gorgeous weeks. We spent our days watching the world go by from our huge verandah from which we could almost throw rocks in the sea (kind of place you pinch yourself as the sun’s setting and you’re sipping on a cool drink… “are we really here!?”), swimming in the Daku pool or snorkelling out the front of our cottage, snorkelling and picnic day trips to nearby Blue Lagoon and Raintree (Daku staff whip up a mean picnic!), a combination of divine Daku dinners and heading into restaurants in town (an easy walk or $3 taxi), forest walking behind the resort, tapa making, yoga…the list goes on. A real highlight was the diving, some of the best dives we’ve been on (on one trip we saw a massive turtle, a humpback whale AND dived with sharks)…all organised through the our amazing hosts JJ and Delia.

Kenni’s daughter Kara took good care of our little ones when we had some time out. Lazy days doing not much at all, and plenty to do whenever we felt like some adventure.

The resort staff are warm and friendly and great with the kids...JJ waved us off at the airport as the plane took off...our 6 year old son was sobbing...I said "Don't worry, we're not leaving Fiji yet" and he said "It's the people, not the place mummy"...awww...Our 4 year old Poppy, woke up each morning and wandered up to reception to hand the lovely George a coconut she had found – he happily chopped it up and back she’d waltz to the Cottage proudly holding a plateful of freshly chopped coconut.

We made our decision to book 2 weeks at Daku based on previous tripadvisor reviews..turns out the reviews tell all, and it really is what 199 reviews say it is, awesome! Thoroughly recommend for a family escape from the grind. A unique, rich and unforgettable experience that suited us to a tea, and provided us with the renewal we needed, and some! Thanks JJ and Delia and the lovely staff at Daku for sharing your little piece of true Fijian paradise, we miss you! :)

Room Tip: Awesome verandah at the front of the Cottage, also great outlook from here....feels like the cottage is on it's own surrounded by palm trees, can't see your neighbours....
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family