“Start your Marriage on the right foot, in Paradise!”

Namale Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Savusavu
Reviewed April 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Namale for our honeymoon and it was truly the best trip we have ever had. My husband works a very stressful job (many couples can probably relate?), and he really deserved a break from his work, and we both needed a relaxing vacation after the craziness of the wedding weekend. Our stay at Namale was THE highlight of our trip to fiji and exceeded our expectations. In one sentence, it was the heartwarming hospitality of all the resort staff that made our stay truly exceptional. Nothing was too difficult. Everything was done to satisfy and relax our body and spirits. Everyday they arranged our meals and activities to what we wanted to do; a private lunch at a waterfall drinking champagne and swimming in a rockpool (we had a walkie talkie to call them when we were done!), a fun dinner at their 'Kava Bowl' a room with ten pin bowling, golf simulator & 400 movies on a projector screen, to diving daily with our own diving instructor, horse riding in the lush mountains at our leisure and enjoying their award winning spa while sipping cocktails. Every meal we enjoyed at a different location at the resort, and every meal was delicious! The menu changed daily and was so mouthwateringly yummy. Being an all inclusive resort it was nice to not worry about always signing for bills. And lastly our bure was truly heavenly. It was set up like a little tree house on this big rock with a suspension bridge to our own private deck and plunge pool overlooking the ocean. Our travel was arranged by Qantas Vacations and it is thanks to them for recommending Namale Resort in the first place! They truly knew what they were doing and had first hand experience on the best resorts in Fiji, they helped us plan our trip from beginning to end. We can hands down recommend this place to any couple wanting to rekindle their love (if you can't love each other here I don't know where?), and rejuvenate the body, mind and spirit. We will definitely be back to Namale for an anniversary, hopefully soon!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 18, 2010

I recently spent 7 days over easter at Namale - it is beautiful. The most amazing part of this holiday is the people. I know that that seems small however until you have experienced the people at Namale and the surrounding villages, you don't know what you don't know.

It is place to visit and be spoilt at as one of the 100 things to do before you die. I would go so far as to say the top 10.

We stayed in Unity a gorgeous burie with a pool all to ourselves - the one that goes over the edge into the ocean - so it seems. Coconut water daily and those that look after you at Namale go the extra mile - popcorn as we catch the football, lunch at the watefall, horseriding in the mornings.

The food was great - clean, light and the wine awesome - not to mention the cocktails.

I purchased a set of amazing fijian pearls as they grown in the area so the shopping was wonderful.

The highlight of the trip was the 5 massages at the spa. I have travelled the world and I must say this is the best I have had. I worked my way through the huge indulgent menu and found myself free of months of stress.

All in all it is the place to go on the planet.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2010

If we could give 4.5 stars for our review we definately would. Our honeymoon at Namale was as wonderful as we had wished for and even a little more. Fortunately Cyclone Tomas which hit obe week prior had not caused structural damage to the property just some greenery was injured. Everyone at the resort made you feel special. The food was fabulous and we could order our meals to be at many private sites (our bure, the activities room, the waterfall). There was never a lack of activites to do, from self-guided reef walks to snorkeling, horseback riding, enjoying the water trampoline or scuba diving. We were encouraged to be as active or as relaxed as we pleased. We give 4 stars for the room simply because there wasn't A/C (although having the windows open with an ocean breeze was cool enough and very relaxing). There was only one scheduling problem while there involving the spa and management was very quick to rectify to problem and compensate us for our troubles. If we find a chance to go back there in the future we probably will.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2010

My Wife and I spent 7 days at Namale to kick off a 3 week honeymoon, traveling to the resort from the North East of North America. Obviously a long trip which made me a little concerned for a relatively short visit to Fiji. In terms of a resort experience, Namale is top notch - period. The rooms are totally private and somehow include breathtaking views - we had a bure on looking over the water very close to the main dining bure, we had our own small plunge pool looking over the ocean - it was perfect. The quality of the experience is superlative; the grounds, the rooms, the bedding, the alcohol, all the facilities, the way people say hello, is just right. I commonly don't love being on "resort" vacation as i don't like having to deal with people when i'm on a vaction, unless i want to. This past feeling of concern, never came up once. All i can say is that if you want to be catored to by people who love doing their jobs, and do it well - Namale is the place. The managers of the resort were there during our stay, they're incredibly intuitive and customer service genius, they spend time getting to know the guests, never overbearing but you know they are available for anything you would want and figure out what their guests would like most and quietly make it happen - again, simply top notch. It is not a party scene by any means but if you wish to less loose and have a good time, nothing would hold you back. Basically, anything you can think of when you're there, is available to you - the staff literally want to know what you'd like to do, and then they make it happen. We went off season, in later feb - it was quiet and we had a few days of rain - it was totally fine.

We strongly recommend (and there's a great little 9 hole golf course)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Stayed one week in Namale for our Honeymoon beginning of February. Wooowww... The resort is gorgeous with flowers of all sorts every where birds all over. The food is fantastic, they meet our requests and in fact search for them just to make your stay is better. It had the "Cheers" atmosphere of everybody knowing your name, I can't say enough about this resort. Plenty of outdoor activities to do and keep you busy, if it rains a little theres great stuff to do indoors. Only thing that could have made it better was having a break to play in on the ocean. but honestly didn't even notice. Why value is 4/5, well it is an expensive resort it matches the value of what you pay for. in terms of facilities. The staff are truly no mater what I would say are not paid enough since they are that amazing.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2010

BULA!!!
My wife and I stayed at Namale for our honeymoon in October of 2009. Having traveled through Europe, Central and South America and much of the Caribbean, we can agree that Namale has the most natural beauty of anywhere we have ever visited. The resort is immense and great care has been taken to preserve the natural elements. For example, buildings and structures have been constructed around trees. We stayed in a bure called Duavata, which means "unity," and is made up of 4 individual bures with a tree house! Duavata has a huge pool that overlooks the ocean, incredibly romantic. My wife and I spent the greater portion of our time here. A wonderful experience was the outdoor showers, which we both enjoyed!
The service is, without a doubt, more than you can ever imagine. My wife and I were literally treated like rock stars or celebrities of some sort. There is nothing that you could ask for, that they would say no. (within reason, I'm sure.) One night we were watching movies in the Kava Bowl and asked if we could eat dinner there. They not only brought us dinner but the chef made us home made potato chips to snack on during the movie. The Kava Bowl, is Disney Land for adults. It has a bowling alley, golf simulator, video games, foos ball, a pool table, every board game you can think of, and Apple TV! One day the staff took us to a waterfall and served us a very private lunch. It was incredible to say the least. The staff knew our favorite foods and drinks by the second day. My wife is a vegetarian, and was always accommodated. On the subject of food, before booking, my wife and I read all of the reviews and always laughed at the guy who raved about the soup. Well, its for a reason, their soup is out of this world!
Of note, My wife and I received a spa treatment called, "Moonlight Magic." To date, it is the most memorable spa going experience we have had. The spa itself is unlike any we have seen before. It is visually stunning, luxurious, and completely therapeutic. Their "hydration room," has huge soaking tubs that are infused with different aromas. There is also a waterfall, jacuzzi, cold plunge and sauna.
I am not a serious scuba diver, but figured I would take advantage while there. The dive shop gave a quick and informed lesson and we were off. We dove at a place called, "The Dream House." I saw sharks and loved it!
A few nights a week the resort calls in The Band Boys, who sing, tell ghost stories, and above all mix up some Kava. Its a great time and not to be missed.
My wife and I were fortunate enough to meet a gentleman there named, Neil, who was responsible for all of the water treatment on the resort. We learned that all of the water underwent a treatment process called reverse osmosis. This treatment allows for the cleanest possible water for consumption, which we enjoyed very much.
We spent some time getting to know the managers of Namale. Ron and Margaret, take great care in assuring that all of the guests receive an extraordinary experience. We most assuredly look forward to returning in the near future. One last thing: It is worth every penny!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johnb3
Reviewed January 6, 2010

We've traveled Europe, Carribean, Brazil, and of course the United States, but have found nothing that compares to Namale Resort. Dining at the waterfall was magical, the rooms were beyond comfortable, the food spectacular and the staff and mangement were friendly and courteous, more like family.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savusavu
Savasi Island Resort
The Remote Resort - Fiji Islands
Gecko Lodge Fiji
Gecko Lodge Fiji
#6 of 12 in Savusavu

Been to Namale Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!