We spent 5 days in Namale having stayed the 5 previous days at Tokoriki. Have to say that on first arrival at Namale, we were not too impressed. Specifically as it was a complete change from the white sandy beaches to rainforest and it was overcast.
That said, we stayed in an ocean bure which was immaculate and comfortably sized, with a great view of Namale's version of a beach.
What makes Namale is the service and staff - the resort itself is huge and you can radio a 'Bula-cart' to take you wherever you want to go. Everything is included (all food + all alcohol) and it's refreshing that when you ask one of the diving instructors to take you out for a boat ride to view the resort from the sea, they don't ask you for your room number!
The staff (including the Manager) could not be more attentive and friendly. Given that (when were were there, at least), there were only maximum 14 guests and over 100 staff (many constantly pruning the grounds), we were overwhelmed with their attentiveness. It was easily possible to eat at a different part of the resort (more like rainforest) every day, champagne on ice.
Sure enough, this level of service comes at a price, but you would never know this resort is Anthony Robbins owned unless you visit during the conference season (beginning of the year).
There are activities/trips posted daily - something for all appetites and moreso if you want to snorkel/dive.
If you're looking for coral seas and white sandy beaches, this is not the place for you. If you want top class service, one of Fiji's best spa's, a full-one entertainment center (cinema/bowling, etc) and some peace and quiet, this is the place for you. Just make sure you take your bug spray!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the edge of the Koro Sea on volcanic uplifts is the luxuriously all-inclusive boutique Namale Resort & Spa. Located 10 minutes outside of Savusavu Town on the northern fringes of the Fiji Islands, paradise is within your reach. Namale is nestled among 525 acres of lush tropical flora and offers an authentically Fijian experience to its guests. Namale’s 19 units of luxurious accommodation feature traditional Fijian architecture with modern influences and are each unique unto themselves. Dining is never a dull experience at Namale with its many private dining decks and outdoor locales including the base of Namale’s privately owned waterfall. Namale houses a one-of-a-kind indoor entertainment centre and a fully-equipped fitness centre which are complimentary for guests’ use. Namale also offers an array of activities for guests to enjoy including horseback riding, kayaking, snorkeling, knee-boarding, nature excursions, Fijian village visits and so much more! Guests are also able to access two world-renowned diving sites; the Namena Reserve and Somosomo Strait. The jewel of Namale is its award-winning Spa & Sanctuary. Noted as the "#1 Spa in Fiji" by Luxury Spa Finder Magazine, the Spa features a hydrotherapy room housing 7 different treatment pools including aromatherapy tubs, a waterfall massage pool, hot tub and plunge pool. The hydrotherapy room has ceiling to floor glass walls that take in breathtaking views of the Koro Sea and Pacific Ocean beyond. All bures feature cordless intercom phones, spacious clothing & luggage storage, mini-safes, souvenir Namale sarongs, fully stocked mini-bars, tea and coffee making facilities, Pure Fiji amenities, hairdryers, mini hi-fi players with I-Pod docking, iron/ironing board, complimentary wi-fi internet access and full air-conditioning. “Namale was a place for us like no other. My wife, daughter and I will treasure (our stay here) for the rest of our lives. The staff, the resort, and the breezes at night are unique and very special”- Ken Nolan, Motion Picture Screenwriter – Blackhawk Down*Namale Resort & Spa does not hold a minimum night stay policy and is able to accommodate children 16 years of age and above. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Namale Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Namale The Fiji Islands Hotel Savusavu
- Namale The Fiji Islands Resort And Spa
- Namale Hotel Savusavu
- Namale Resort & Spa Fiji/Savusavu