My husband and I stayed at Namale in 1998 and returned in September after 15 years to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It was everything we remembered and more. The staff are just as wonderful and caring in their special Fijian way. Nothing is too much trouble and you are always greeted by name and with a friendly smile.
We found there has been a lot of infrastructure improvements so that even though I think it was nearly fully booked with 19 couples we felt like we had the place to ourselves most of the time. There are decks built into cliff tops, one with Jacuzzi and the other with an enormous day bed where you can watch the world go by and call up the bar and drinks will arrive at any time. There is plenty to keep you active (if you need to work off the good food and too many cocktails) with a golf course, tennis, indoor basketball court, gym and an amazing games room complete with a bowling alley. Then the water activities; snorkelling, paddle boarding, kayaking, and the super fun water trampoline. And the grounds.... well they are just beautiful and a credit to the maintenance department.
We stayed in the Lomani Honeymoon Bure and it was beautiful. It sat up on the cliff top with private steps down to the water. It was spacious, the bed was soooo comfortable and the special messages written in flower petals by the housekeeping staff added yet another dimension to our stay. It had its own private plunge pool (if you can afford the upgrade from the ocean front bures, which are amazing too, definitely get one with a pool) and plenty of deck space to relax and look out over the Koro sea. I miss calling up Sam at the bar for drinks and a cheese platter in the late afternoon.
A must do activity was the dolphin tour with snorkelling and the village visit. Both were lots of fun and having about 40 dolphins jumping around your little aluminium fishing boat is definitely an experience not to miss. Night time is great where everyone comes together for pre dinner drinks and on many nights entertainment was provided with dance performances. We were able to learn a lot about the local culture from Hudson who has obvious passion for the people of Fiji and their history as he told their story introducing the performances.
As you leave these wonderful people, thank you doesn't seem enough. They went out of their way to make our week there special, but they do it for everyone. Too Hudson, it is a credit to have a team working so well together. From Sam at the bar who always was smiling, Tavo, Manaini, Desmond and Filo in the restaurant who we got to know so well, seeing Millie again after 15 years, Epo and her team at reception, Villi who drove that golf cart from morning to last thing at night often bringing us cocktails or telling us the best locations for a romantic dinner, Lai, Jess and Limo in the dive shop, we miss you all. And everyone else - there are too many of you to mention.
Namale is amazing, we will be back but this time we won't wait another 15 years to see our Fijian friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the edge of the Koro Sea on volcanic uplifts is the luxuriously all-inclusive boutique Namale Resort & Spa. Located 10 minutes outside of Savusavu Town on the northern fringes of the Fiji Islands, paradise is within your reach. Namale is nestled among 525 acres of lush tropical flora and offers an authentically Fijian experience to its guests. Namale’s 19 units of luxurious accommodation feature traditional Fijian architecture with modern influences and are each unique unto themselves. Dining is never a dull experience at Namale with its many private dining decks and outdoor locales including the base of Namale’s privately owned waterfall. Namale houses a one-of-a-kind indoor entertainment centre and a fully-equipped fitness centre which are complimentary for guests’ use. Namale also offers an array of activities for guests to enjoy including horseback riding, kayaking, snorkeling, knee-boarding, nature excursions, Fijian village visits and so much more! Guests are also able to access two world-renowned diving sites; the Namena Reserve and Somosomo Strait. The jewel of Namale is its award-winning Spa & Sanctuary. Noted as the "#1 Spa in Fiji" by Luxury Spa Finder Magazine, the Spa features a hydrotherapy room housing 7 different treatment pools including aromatherapy tubs, a waterfall massage pool, hot tub and plunge pool. The hydrotherapy room has ceiling to floor glass walls that take in breathtaking views of the Koro Sea and Pacific Ocean beyond. All bures feature cordless intercom phones, spacious clothing & luggage storage, mini-safes, souvenir Namale sarongs, fully stocked mini-bars, tea and coffee making facilities, Pure Fiji amenities, hairdryers, mini hi-fi players with I-Pod docking, iron/ironing board, complimentary wi-fi internet access and full air-conditioning. “Namale was a place for us like no other. My wife, daughter and I will treasure (our stay here) for the rest of our lives. The staff, the resort, and the breezes at night are unique and very special”- Ken Nolan, Motion Picture Screenwriter – Blackhawk Down*Namale Resort & Spa does not hold a minimum night stay policy and is able to accommodate children 16 years of age and above. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Namale Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Namale The Fiji Islands Hotel Savusavu
- Namale The Fiji Islands Resort And Spa
- Namale Hotel Savusavu
- Namale Resort & Spa Fiji/Savusavu