“Five Star and Beyond!”

Namale Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Savusavu
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Our family spent a week at Namale over New Years 2011-2012. What a fabulous time! The site is one of the most beautiful in the world, clear warm waters, beautiful coral, swaying palm trees, striking sunsets, absolutely stunning. The facility fits the scene and is truly five star -- from the open dining area to the workout facility to the ocean view spa were perfect. They fit the site and had all the amenities and style you could ask for. In addition, the Kava Bowl (bowling alley and arcade) kept the kids occupied when they weren't scuba diving or snorkeling or swimming. We stayed in garden bures (wonderful thatched suites set in the trees -- ocean front bures are also available). They were large and well appointed and perfectly maintained. The food was great, innovative while being local and fresh. However, the best part was the people. Everyone on the staff, from the General Managers and their daughters to the tree trimmers and cocoanut harvesters, were happy and wanted us to be happy too. Fiji is a special place and Namale is five star and beyond.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank RepPatron

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I have never been so excited to get home and write a review, we just got back and my face hurts from smiling for a week straight! I would like to start by saying that if you’ve never been to Fiji; put it high on your list of things to do, and when you do, stay at Namale!! What really defines this resort is the AMAZING staff and IMPECCABLE service! They really make you feel at home immediately, everyone knows your name, whatever you’d like: they are right there to help. It was bizarre at times because they almost knew what you wanted (and had it ready for you) before you asked for it:)
Beautiful scenery surrounds this resort highlighted by some of the best food and drinks we’ve ever had at any hotel/resort! Seriously, this is not your typical all-inclusive fare with re-heated buffet foods and watered down drinks. The menu was always changing and everything was prepared fresh with very tasty fruits and veggies accompanying piping hot entrees at all meals. Go to the bar and have Siti make you your favorite drink, or try his drink of the day; they are the best! You can literally eat whatever you’d like wherever you like, they will accommodate any request (although we preferred the main dining area most meals because we loved interacting with this award winning staff).
If you’re into relaxing you’ve found the right place! This resort is very peaceful and private. Many other reviewers were right in saying that the way the resort is set-up; it feels many times like you’re the only couple there. We loved the Spa and we each had a couple of massages in their open air, breath taking ocean view rooms. With that said, if you like to stay active, you will never be bored. The boys in activities always have something planned and we participated in a number of great tours and I went on my first two extraordinary dives when we were here:) If you’ve never Scuba dived; this is a great place to start. They have great, patient teachers (Sam and Emosi) and some unbelievable underwater sights. We also loved the village “Eco-Tour” as it really gave you a taste of the local community and culture.
We stayed in the ocean view bure called Ani. They kept it very clean, well-stocked, and it was very nice and cozy with a great view and access to the beach right out our back door. As in other reviews, I must note this is not a sandy bottom beach for swimming barefoot, but bring water shoes and don’t be afraid to enjoy the water, it’s nice and warm!
Overall, this was the vacation of a lifetime for us and we’re so glad we chose Namale! I wouldn’t hesitate a second in recommending this resort to family and friends and I anxiously await my next opportunity to return!

Room Tip: We really liked our Bure "Ani" as it was ocean front and close to everything!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank beach_h20
NamaleResort, General Manager at Namale Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Bree & Nicholas;

On behalf of all of us here at Namale, thank you very much for your kind words. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us and we certinaly enjoyed having you spend the week with us. We very much look forward to seeing you on a return visit sometime soon.

Vinaka Vaka Levu

Bill Keefe
Co-GM Namale Resort & Spa

Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed December of 2007. We went to Namale to celebrate our wedding. We had an amazing experience the staff were just wonderful. They were so kind, thoughtful, and extremely helpful. My husband and I enjoyed kayaking, horse back riding, waterfall trips, and spa trips daily. The spa was beautiful, clean, and the staff made me feel like a queen. The food was not that great, but that's because I don't eat red meat, fish, or seafood. That was ok though because the Cesar salad, and pineapple were scrumptious. I ate those every day and was perfectly content with it. When we were there we were under the threat of a typhoon, and the staff didn't panick or act a fool. They boarded things up refilled my liquor cabinet, and on we went. I can honestly say that as a woman from nowhere Georgia I had an amazing trip, and would not have one bad thing to say about my experience with Namale. My husband and I are planning a return trip to Namale for our 10 anniversary to renew our vows. We stayed in the Duavata for our honeymoon, and are anxiously awaiting that trip and we hope to stay in the Duavata again. Just as a final opinion our accommodations were just heavenly. The sheets were clean crisp and cozy, and the bure was perfection.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank tabecker1983
Reviewed April 6, 2012

The service was top notch and exquisite, the accommodations were elegant and the atmosphere is very tranquil, plenty to do, and see, great place to relax. Totally excellent resort.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TripDoc46
NamaleResort, General Manager at Namale Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

On behalf of all of us here at The Namale Resort & Spa, a heartfelt thank you for your kind words. Also, a very special thank you for sharing your Namale experience with everyone on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you again soon back at Namale.

Vinaka Vaka Levu

Nowdla & Bill Keefe
Co-General Managers
The Namale Resort & Spa

Reviewed March 21, 2012

My husband and I were not looking for a cookie cutter resort and we weren't even sure an all-inclusive was for us. The only downfall I can see is that Namale has surely spoiled us. The service was amazing; I have never met staff so interested in making guests happy. We never felt confined to a certain eating schedule; you could essentially order food or drinks whenever you'd like, wherever you'd like. I was impressed at how well the resort exposed us to the Fijian culture - the openness of the staff to share stories of their lives, kava nights in the main bure, Meke on Friday night, performed by local villagers, access to town and the fantastic village tour - I departed Fiji feeling as though I had exprienced Fiji, not just the inside of a resort.
We stayed in two different bures - an ocean view and the expansive "Dream House." When we arrived, our in-room refrigerator was well stocked - and its contents were included in our rate. No nickle-and-diming at Namale - such a treat! The ocean view bure ("Jeri") was wonderful, More space than the two of us needed, a comfortable bed, spacious deck overlooking the ocean, beautiful bathroom and more. We had a small problem with the hot water kettle and it was immediately replaced. When we moved to Dream House, we could not believe its beauty and wonderful pool. Both accommodations had a wonderful, authentic feel to them. Hardly the sterile, character-less style of large-scale resorts.
We went on two SCUBA dives (great dive boat!), two snorkel outings, two trips to the waterfall, a wander on the flats (reef shoes provided), a soak in the hydro room, some stops at the golf simulator....there was plenty to do. We also enjoyed a wonderfully romatic private dinner on the beach.
Traveling from LA via Nadi, the layover is a bit long. We took advantage of the "left luggage" (daily baggage storage) and felt confident our items were secure (of course, we still kept passports, etc. with us). We headed to Port Denarau for a few hours - certainly nicer than sitting around the airport all day! A leisurely lunch, some shopping and boat watching, perhaps a cocktail - and soon, it's time to head back to the airport.
Clearly I could go on and on about how wonderful our Namale experience was, but most folks have probably already stopped reading. So, I will end with an emphasis on how wonderful the staff was (including the managers, Nowdla & Bill). They truly made our Namale experience one to remember fondly.

Room Tip: Decide what is important to you - tub? private pool? ocean view? - and find that room. But, they are...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank KelMel17
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I found that people of the resort and surrounding area where truly interested in the enjoyment of your holiday . The staff and management were outstanding. I can't remember anything that they could have done better----for. Instance, one evening I wanted to watch a movie and I couldn't get the theater to work and although it was 8 p.m, when I called to get some assistance, I got a pleasant response from the front desk and within 15 minutes there was a technician at the door to fix the problem. When offered a tip, he replied " no thank you", have a nice night and left.
The food menu was different but the taste was excellent. If you wanted something other than that on the menu, you only had to ask.
For activities, they were outstanding, ranging from golf, scuba diving , river drifting bowling, etc. If you wanted to play basketball and didn't have anyone to play with, the front office would arrange a game for you ---- the point is that they did everything to make your trip an experience that you won't forget
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to anyone who wants a luxurious vacation
OH yes , I almost forgot the most relaxing activity---the outstanding SPA-- a must experience

Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank noggasak
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This place is as close as you can get to heaven on earth. From the moment we arrived, we were treated amazingly. We went for our honeymoon, and this place was luxury with privacy. No was not in their vocabulary when it camed to requests. We asked for a hammock, and the maintenance crew showed up @ our villa to install wherever we wanted. We asked for coconuts w/ dinner, and we founf out later they climbed the palm trees to pick fresh for us daily...and these trees were huge! The grounds were well maintained, the spa was beyond your imagination, and although you had your privacy, the staff were a walkie talkie and a golf cart away at all times. I highly recommend this resort, and we will be returning soon!

• Stayed: April 2011
4  Thank mpepin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savusavu
Savasi Island Villas
#8 of 12 in Savusavu
Korovesi Sunshine Villas
Korovesi Sunshine Villas
#9 of 12 in Savusavu

Been to Namale Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!