“Dream House-Sure Is”

Namale Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Savusavu
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We have just completed our third stay at Namale. On our previous two visits we stayed in Civa but felt that it was a bit exposed to the elements being at almost the point of the Property.
This time we stayed at the Dream House with our Adult Son and his Partner, and we had a fantastic week.
The Dream House is a little more protected and the Pools are a perfect size. There is the larger pool and then below it a heated Spa. The extremely large Living Room that separates the two huge bedrooms has A/C so that it is possible in the afternoon, when the westerly sun shines in, to simply curl up on the Lounge, turn on the A/C, listen to some good music on the iPod Docking Station and read a Book, sipping a drink !!
All the Staff are brilliant, it is not possible to single out any of them, and they are all willing and enabled to do anything to make your stay better. Nowdla and Bill (the GM's) do a great job making sure everyday that all is as you expect.
There is also a huge array of things to do, Diving, (which our Son and his Partner did every 2nd Day), Fitness centre, Golf, Snorkelling, Town Tours, River Floating, Lunch at the Waterfall, the list goes on and on !
Simply a great place with great people.

Room Tip: They are all good, but vary hugely dependant on the view and facilities you are looking for.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Geoff48
There are newer reviews for Namale Resort & Spa

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I just returned from Namale after traveling there with my husband for our honeymoon. The resort was more than we could have asked for. The staff was absolutely amazing and did everything possible to ensure we had a perfect experience. The resort is decorated beautifully and the landscaping seems strategically placed to provide a lot of privacy around the resort. From the first day we arrived the staff (from the Bula cart drives to the maintenance workers) knew our names and always asked if we needed anything.

However, I will say that the travel to Namale was less than ideal. The resort did send a liason from the hotel to meet us at the airport in Nadi when our flight was cancelled due to bad weather (Kiti was fantastic). We ended up having to fly to Labassa where the resort picked us up for a 1.5 hour drive back to the resort. Pacific Sun is apparently known for cancelling flights to Savusavu frequently.

We both thought the food was fantastic with the exception of some of the deserts, they just weren't sweet enough for us. However, we loved all of the fresh fish and fruits. We ate most of our meals in the dining room because we liked interacting with the wait staff, but you can have your meals pretty much anywhere on the resort. I would definitely recommend lunch or dinner at the waterfall. It was a very romantic experience.

We did not realize that January was the rainy season when we arrived and we were disappointed by the rain. However, the resort had plenty of activities planned to help us enjoy Fiji. We took the Discover Scuba class with Sam and went out diving on our second day. Sam was awesome and helped me feel comfortable learning to scuba. We were also able to go on the energetic hike and see a Fijian village. The people we very welcoming and happy to share their culture with us. We also spent some time in the Kava Bowl and were impressed by the amount of activities they had.

We visited the spa for the Sunset Bliss package and were happy with the overall experience. The massage was definitely one of the best that I have received. We did feel that our package was done a little out of order and would have enjoyed more time having snacks on the deck after the massage and enjoying the Sunset.

Overall, the people are what made this vacation so memorable. The hospitality and service were above and beyond what we expected. We can not wait to visit Namale again in the future.

Room Tip: The ocean tropical bure we stayed in had a fantastic view but needed a little more privacy. I would...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Whitney W
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Amazingly beautiful resort. It's hard to describe the experience in words. The time I was there it really felt like heaven on earth. The scenery is absolutely wonderful as each plant is carefully planted and managed throughout the entire resort. Everyone is so friendly and inviting.

Few little notes for Tony Robbins if I may...

- I think it's time to change the bedding/sheets. They are a bit worn out and have been used wayyyy too many times. For a resort of that status, there should be better bedding.

- The food really needs help. For some meals it is almost uneatable. I can see that they are trying to add a "Fiji kick" to all the ingredients, but it is not working. (way too much ginger!!!!) The 4 other couples at the resort were complaining nonstop about the meals....it really has to be revamped. They should really incorporate some variety (spicy food, asian food, etc).

However, the beauty of the scenery and its amazing staff overrules all those things. (which is crazy because I am a huuuge food snob) I think about them often as they became our friends. I still remember all the boys in the Dive Shop (especially EMOSI) and they were incredible. I got myself PADI certified with Emosi on this trip, and it was awesome how professional he can be, yet still give off this laid-back Fiji demeanor. I've gone scuba diving multiple times in different islands and countries after this, and I don't think you can find a scuba instructor like Emosi anywhere.

The staff also took us to the Sunday church service at their local Fiji town. We absolutely loved it-as we sang praises with the resort staff and their families in an outdoor open service with children dancing to the music.

The staff organizes every meal for you wherever you like it. The best part is that they enjoy doing this so much and smile all the time! There is nothing more awkward than having resort staff members set things up for you without a smile and walk away grudgingly (makes you feel like you're some mean king demanding service!) Over at Namale they make you feel so comfortable, so at ease, and best of all, as if they are there to enjoy WITH you.

I would go back again in a heartbeat if I could. I miss the resort, the staff, and the generous hearts of the locals. If they can improve the food, maybe it would be tooooo perfect;)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Ksh1107
Reviewed January 4, 2012

First of all the wife and husband that run this resort are amazing!! They do such a great job everyone here is so wonderful. This place is the best the food is great all natural. The spa is great the staff are the best in the world!!!! Views are priceless..
You may find yourself being routed to lomessa it is a hour and half taxi ride away . Airlines cancel lots of flights out of suva suva.. Do not worry wants you get to the resort you are in heaven

Room Tip: love the lomani room..
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lgoldfine123
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We stayed at Namale during Christmas in 2009 for a whole week. From the moment we arrived untill we left, we were treated as royals. I have never meet such nice employees as the staff at Namale Resort. Every single one of them. We were travelling around the World for six months and I choose to propose to my wife here at Namale. The staff was very helpful in the planning of this.

The resort itself and the surroundings are simply breathtaking. We stayed in Villa Duvata, which was the most luxurious accomodation I have ever stayed in. Truly everything was all inclusive, all food, wine, spirits, activities of our choice - no restrictions. The only thing we had to pay extra for was the tanks of oxygen for diving, which was fairly priced.

The food was delicious and freshly cooked to order at every meal, no buffets at this small luxuy resort. We had our meals at the restaurant, at our villa, at the beach, by a waterfall - all included. As guests we had the most amazing activites to choose from every day, at no extra cost: Horse back riding, diving, snorkling, jet skiing, romantic picnic, bowling, golf simulator, walks, visiting a local church etc.

I have travelled to 47 countriesas a tourist and the best service I have ever received was with my wife at Namale.

Apologies for the late review, but here at Christmas time in 2011 we were thinking of our Christmas in Namala in 2009 and thought it was about time to submit a review ;)

Michael & Olga

Room Tip: The Villa Duvata is wonderful, but look out for good offers, as paying full price for the Vila is ex...
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MichBarcelona
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Wonderful week at Namale, we stayed in Duavata villa which was just spectacular, the photo's on website do not do it justice.

Staff are just out of this world and nothing is too much trouble, such kind, caring lovely local people.

Would have given 5 stars but food really needs to be improved, for high price of rooms would expect 4-5 star cuisine, I would rate food 3 star at best. Would to see much more local Fijian cuisine instead 'American' menu, why come to Fiji to eat American food? Quality and presentation really needs to be improved to be a truly 5 star resort.

We will return again and it was the perfect place for our wedding - if you want to get away from it all this is the place to come. Thank you Namale for some very special memories.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jengav
Reviewed November 22, 2011

After an intense week of diving and adventure on Namena Island and Marine Reserve, we spent several days at Namale Resort, enjoying the manicured gardens, palm tree groves, luxurious SPA, and amazing accommodations. We loved a hike to a waterfall in the resort's rainforest, where a perfect lunch awaited just the two of us on a small terrace overlooking the stream. We felt totally pampered by the attentive staff. Namale does offer scuba diving, but the best sites of the area (as it happens, in the Namena marine reserve!) were out of reach because they were waiting for the delivery of a new large dive boat. I would have been a very unhappy guest if I had not just had my fill of excellent dives at Namena.

Room Tip: Lomani is a lovely bure, very private and with its own plunge pool and terraces overlooking the reef
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Renata G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savusavu
Savasi Island Villas
#8 of 12 in Savusavu
Korovesi Sunshine Villas
Korovesi Sunshine Villas
#10 of 12 in Savusavu

Been to Namale Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!