I think there are few places left on earth that would qualify as a true island paradise, but this is one of them. To get here, you have to take a sea plane from one of the main islands, and the owner and his wife will greet you at the dock as you pull up. There are no more than 6 or so "buras" (huts) for rent, so you don't get much traffic on the island. White beaches, jungle hikes, big spiders, sea breeze, beach volleyball with the Fijian staff, and the most delicious fresh meals prepared on the island by the chef are what you'll experience here. If you're a diver, you'll be hard-pressed to find better diving in the world. The island's instructor and divemaster take you to their own little-known local spots. I've dived the Great Barrier Reef, the Caribbean, the Red Sea, and Brazil, and nothing has compared to what Moody's Namena can offer with it's cliff diving--if for no other reason than because it's secluded and untainted by mass tourism.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Namena Island Resort is a privately owned Fiji island resort. 6 Bure's (cottages) strategically located to maximize ocean views and enjoy the ocean breezes. Maximum guest capacity 12 people. 3 gorgeous private beaches. Namena is rated the "Best Dive Destination In Fiji" and ranked as one of the "Top 10 Dive Destinations in the World". Namena Island is surrounded by a reef designated as a marine reserve with over 22 world famous dive sites all within a 10 minute boat ride from our boat jetty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Namena Island Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moody`s Namena Hotel Savusavu
- Moodys Namena Hotel
- Moodys Namena Resort All Inclusive
- Namena Island Dive Resort Fiji/Savusavu