“The most excellent time you can ever have!”

Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Savusavu
Utrecht
“The most excellent time you can ever have!”
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I visited this resort prior and post of a seminar. It was the most amazing time ever. The people where friendly, the rooms clean and the food was great. Maybe it was not the top top top resort ever, but it has something to it. The staff where warm and friendly and not so distant and did not behave like in a 5 star hotel where you and the staff are very distant. It was like a family away from home, still they treat you whit the most respect!. And do not get me wrong the resort is beautiful. People remember your name and do anything to accommodate your stay. Excellent day trips to split rock snorkeling, visted a waterfall or go see the dolphins swim.

I would recommend this resort to anyone young, old, just married or only there for two days.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank InKnowvator
Josaia R, General Manager at Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, responded to this review, February 2, 2015
Happy New Year From the Koro Sun Resort Family.

Thank you for your review back in May 2010.

My name is Josaia Rayawa ("JR"). My wife, Margie and I are the new Co-General Managers at Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa. We find this a great opportunity for us to introduce ourselves. Margie and I joined Koro Sun Resort in 2014.

We hope to be able to encourage you to come visit Koro Sun again. We are in the throes of including 8 new floating bures/villas on the lagoon, the first of its kind in Fiji.

Do let us know if you want us to keep you in the loop on the progress. My email is jr@korosunresort.com

Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
lpester
Reviewed April 29, 2010

My husband and I just arrived from our honeymoon. We had the most peaceful, amazing week. The first day was a little rough with our flight delay which caused us to miss our connection to Savu Savu. Next flight wasn't due to go out for another 6 hours. I contacted Merlyn Young the night before to let her know the situation, she assured us she would notify the resort of our travels. When we finally reached Nadi, I phoned the resort and a sweet woman named Naomi let me know they were fully aware of our schedule change and they would be waiting to pick us up when we arrived.

Sure enough Manu was there right on time with our lei's. Pulling up to the resort we were greeted by the entire staff singing a welcome Fijian song along with some other goodies, but you'll have to go there to find out what that is ; ) Food was prepared daily by the chef's, and the meals were delicious. Activities were planned daily for Jone and Manu, definitely recommend the snorkeling and kayaking to Bat Island. We got a chance to have a couples massage at the Rainforest Spa...amazing! We didn't want to leave especially after how close we had gotten with the entire staff. Mili "Mom", Mena and Josie, thank you for taking the time to get to know us and for just being so welcoming. We miss you guys already! Joe you got your work cut out for ya but I can't wait to see it when it's all done. Thank you all for everything!

PS. If you have sweet blood....BRING BUG SPRAY!! = )

Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Koro Sun is hands down the best resort I have ever been to on vacation. It was such a great experience I am coming back to Fiji and Koro Sun specifically in June. I have traveled solo many places around the world for both work and pleasure to many fantastic hotels and resorts and this was by far my best and most relaxing vacation. I ended up at Koro Sun by chance due to a cancellation of an adventure tour and I am so happy that I did. I arrived at Koro Sun to a wonderful foot massage and was checked in so nicely to a great ocean view bure, which was absolutly beautfiul. With Pure Fiji products - which I have now purchased for my own home, and beautiful amenities in the room. The resort which was not only the best I have ever been to, but one of the first that I felt truly welcome and comfortable. Every guest is remembered and the staff works very hard to give every guest the best experience possible. It is the first resort I have not felt like an outsider as a solo traveler. It was one of the most relaxing but also active vacations I have had. There are some many spectacular things about this resort and here is a listing of just some of them:

1. The food - the food - breakfast, lunch, and dinner are phenomenal. It was not only the best food I have had at a resort but some of the most fresh best seafood and produce I have had ever and even find myself sometimes craving the bbq or some of the wondeful soups that are served.

2. The spa - the spa in the rainforest is truly wondeful with the waterfall in the background and great masasge therapists. It was very relaxing experience.

3. The adventure/activity staff and Tours- I went on pretty much every adventure/activity with great staff Manu and Jone. I went on two incredible waterfall tours, a trip to bat island, snorkeling, a trip to the J.Hunter Pearl Farm in downtown Savusavu, canoeing on Salt Lake, and much more. These trips were incredible and even went bike riding one day and was taken to the home of one of the staff members. These acitivities really made the trip a fantastic one.

4. The grounds - the resort has beautiful pools - my favorite being the front one - but I know many children love the pool with the great water slide. I simply just liked wondering around the property and golf course, as it is set right in nature and looking at the garens and trees.

5. The beach - the private beach is so great with wonderful hanging day beds. The marina has a great deal of kayaks and other water sports equipment to utilize.

6. The staff - the staff of Koro Sun was my favorite part of the whole adventure. They took care of you completely. They all knew your name and always knew when to check on you. They were so kind and as a solo traveler were great because they were always willing to chat and keep you company.

7. Along with the staff the community - on my trip all of the guests ate many meals together and had happy hours together and this was a fantastic experience. Merlyn and all of the other staff and guests were great in including me on tours and meals as I was a solo traveler.

I can not say enough about Koro Sun and constantly tell everyone I know about this resort. When I went to other resorts and Fiji I found myself wishing I was still at Koro Sun and telling guests at other resorts and on trips about this fantastic slice of paradise. Savusavu is beautiful and untouched and Koro Sun is a great resort that I would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
4 Thank alex0705

Kauai
Reviewed April 8, 2010

My wife and I booked a villa at Koro Sun Resort in Fiji three months ago after hearing from friends what a fabulous time they had there. Despite the fact that the Islands were hit by a Cyclone two weeks before our reservation, we decided to keep our reservation and stay. We were not disappointed. Koro Sun Resort was in damage control when we arrived but they had already cleaned up most of the debris and where back to making their guests comfortable and relaxed. The Villa was clean and very comfortable, a short distance from the newly constructed Main arrival building and restaurant. Food was serviced three times a day and better than any restaurant back home. If it wasn't for the great recreation program we would have put on a few pounds.
The Staff was excellent, always happy and smiling. We highly recommend this unique place in Paradise.

San Diego, CA
Reviewed April 7, 2010

My (highly discriminating) girlfriend and I stayed in the Edgewater Villas which run along the resort's spectacular ocean-frontage (the resort extends back into the lush rainforest, so you can get a different feel depending on what room class you choose). I'm a life-long swimmer, so I loved diving right off our ladder in morning when it was already a comfortable 78 degrees! The reef is just a few strokes away so I could snorkel and explore right from the room. There's lots of little rock islands on the reef as well as a larger one named Bat Island (for the awesome large vegetarian bats that reside there). You can swim to it from your room or take a short kayak - there's a small beach during low tide. Turtles, colorful tropical fish - you name it.

The diving is also awesome here and they have a dive shop right near our villa, so if you get tired of snorkeling (not possible), you can easily book a dive - which we did one afternoon. It was easy going sraight from the resort, so you avoid the travel and heavy lifting - being dropped off at your room from the boat at the end of a long days dive is GREAT! You divers know what I'm talking about. Overall, snorkeling in Natawa (sp?) Bay was the best experience since there are these small dolphins that live in the bay that will come up to your boat - never seen anything like it and I live in San Diego where we see the larger variety all the time.

Resort's food was delicious and the staff are so REAL and friendly - totally authentic and not touristy which is what really rounded out this fabulous experience. I found out that this is a family owned an operated botique - the charisma and attention to detail really transfer over. The beauty of Fiji and friendliness of the people does not compare to any other trips I've taken and I've been to the southern island before on a seperate trip as well as all over Australia, US, Europe and Thailand.

Oh - get the "Fiji Bitter" (locals call is Fiji Baby) - much better than the gold label beer.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SouthPacLvr

San Diego
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Well, besides the fact that my fiance surprised me with a trip to Fiji and asked me to marry him at Koro Sun, there are many of reasons I loved this place...!! Fiji is amazingly beautiful and the people there make it sooo enjoyable. The staff, the food, everything was perfect, if I can make a couple suggestions...

1. Stay in different rooms; each room has its own feeling (beach, rainforest, etc) all with different yet beautiful views. My Fiance and I moved around and LOVED each room, especially the Edgewater and villa up top.

2. Do as many of the activites as you can...johnny is awesome have him take you to "split rock"

3. The food at Koro Sun is great, always fresh and well prepared...but try eating in town one night, we had a wonderful dinner on the water at a nice place (I cant remember the name but there aren't many)

4. Pack light and wear sunscrean :) even if it's not sunny

5. Bug spray...there are some bugs nothing posionus but itchy bugs

6. Get a MASSAGE, they are soooo awesome, I wish I would have gotten one every day. The rainforest is just the most relaxing place to get pampered especially with your significant other..

7. Be patient...once you are in Fiji it's FIJI TIME relax and have fun!

8. Bring booze, we bought champagne and vodka at Duty Free and drank it in the room most of the week which was nice, we left the rest for the staff

9. The staff are great, friendly and accomidating, always greeting you a smile

BULA!! VINAKA!! To everyone at Koro Sun we promise we will be back soon...

Oh one final thing at the end of our trip we were hit by hurrican Mick, so make sure you plan accordingly to the weather... it wasn't too bad but could have made for a very rainy week...

My fiance and I are looking to go back to Koro Sun for an anniversary trip in the next couple years...

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

las vegas
Reviewed April 6, 2010

My Girlfriend & I were skeptical about coming after word of the recent hurricane. There were a lot of rumors floating around that places were closed and the islands looked dead... Rumors is all they turned out to be! All i can say is Fiji is live! I have never seen anything grow as fast as the trees and plants in Fiji. There were buds on the trees the day we got there and literally by the next day they were leaves. The place went from brown to green as fast as a chameleon! The staff was amazing, never have I been somewhere that has more happy people! The resort was great as well, they offer something for everyone, we stayed in one of the edge water bures and it was awesome! The view was great, it was nice and private, I loved being able to take a swim in the ocean right off the back deck & a dip in the pool in the front yard!
The pictures on the website don't do this resort justice! We will be back again!

1 Thank motozack522

Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savusavu
Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa
The Remote Resort - Fiji Islands
Emaho Sekawa Resort
Emaho Sekawa Resort
#7 of 12 in Savusavu

Been to Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa? Share your experiences!