Well, besides the fact that my fiance surprised me with a trip to Fiji and asked me to marry him at Koro Sun, there are many of reasons I loved this place...!! Fiji is amazingly beautiful and the people there make it sooo enjoyable. The staff, the food, everything was perfect, if I can make a couple suggestions...
1. Stay in different rooms; each room has its own feeling (beach, rainforest, etc) all with different yet beautiful views. My Fiance and I moved around and LOVED each room, especially the Edgewater and villa up top.
2. Do as many of the activites as you can...johnny is awesome have him take you to "split rock"
3. The food at Koro Sun is great, always fresh and well prepared...but try eating in town one night, we had a wonderful dinner on the water at a nice place (I cant remember the name but there aren't many)
4. Pack light and wear sunscrean :) even if it's not sunny
5. Bug spray...there are some bugs nothing posionus but itchy bugs
6. Get a MASSAGE, they are soooo awesome, I wish I would have gotten one every day. The rainforest is just the most relaxing place to get pampered especially with your significant other..
7. Be patient...once you are in Fiji it's FIJI TIME relax and have fun!
8. Bring booze, we bought champagne and vodka at Duty Free and drank it in the room most of the week which was nice, we left the rest for the staff
9. The staff are great, friendly and accomidating, always greeting you a smile
BULA!! VINAKA!! To everyone at Koro Sun we promise we will be back soon...
Oh one final thing at the end of our trip we were hit by hurrican Mick, so make sure you plan accordingly to the weather... it wasn't too bad but could have made for a very rainy week...
My fiance and I are looking to go back to Koro Sun for an anniversary trip in the next couple years...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our northern unspoiled location offers you the genuine warmth and friendliness of the Fijian people, beautiful lush tropical surroundings, and warm, impossibly clear waters. In a remote setting that defines paradise, Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa immerses you in a genuine Fijian experience that's nirvana to the core. In the unspoiled native north on "Fiji's other big island" of Vanua Levu, this 160-acre sanctuary was born of a nature lover's dream. The tropical retreat is etched within a coconut plantation that's encircled by lush rainforests at the edge of a stunning private lagoon. From the moment you arrive, the Koro Sun staff embraces you like family. They greet you with a song that welcomes you to your home away from home. Certainly, the Fijians are known around the globe for being the most warm and friendly islands on earth.That hospitality - coupled with our diverse accommodations and recreation - has made Fiji's Koro Sun Resort an international favorite for relaxing holidays, active family vacations and magical romantic getaways. You may experience the latter in our brand new Edgewater Bures, with lagoon front location. Our 43 private bures and villas are spacious, individually appointed decor and fully air-conditioned. Your stay is all-inclusive - from airport transfers to bountiful gourmet fare and a flurry of non-motorized water sport activities and exclusive diving at the world-famous Namena Marine Reserve with Namena Divers Inc now based at Koro Sun Resort. Beverages are additional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koro Sun Hotel Savusavu
- Koro Sun Resort All Inclusive
- Koro Sun Resort And Rainforest Spa Fiji/Savusavu