“An amazing surpise engagment trip!”

Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Savusavu
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Well, besides the fact that my fiance surprised me with a trip to Fiji and asked me to marry him at Koro Sun, there are many of reasons I loved this place...!! Fiji is amazingly beautiful and the people there make it sooo enjoyable. The staff, the food, everything was perfect, if I can make a couple suggestions...

1. Stay in different rooms; each room has its own feeling (beach, rainforest, etc) all with different yet beautiful views. My Fiance and I moved around and LOVED each room, especially the Edgewater and villa up top.

2. Do as many of the activites as you can...johnny is awesome have him take you to "split rock"

3. The food at Koro Sun is great, always fresh and well prepared...but try eating in town one night, we had a wonderful dinner on the water at a nice place (I cant remember the name but there aren't many)

4. Pack light and wear sunscrean :) even if it's not sunny

5. Bug spray...there are some bugs nothing posionus but itchy bugs

6. Get a MASSAGE, they are soooo awesome, I wish I would have gotten one every day. The rainforest is just the most relaxing place to get pampered especially with your significant other..

7. Be patient...once you are in Fiji it's FIJI TIME relax and have fun!

8. Bring booze, we bought champagne and vodka at Duty Free and drank it in the room most of the week which was nice, we left the rest for the staff

9. The staff are great, friendly and accomidating, always greeting you a smile

BULA!! VINAKA!! To everyone at Koro Sun we promise we will be back soon...

Oh one final thing at the end of our trip we were hit by hurrican Mick, so make sure you plan accordingly to the weather... it wasn't too bad but could have made for a very rainy week...

My fiance and I are looking to go back to Koro Sun for an anniversary trip in the next couple years...

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Josaia R, General Manager at Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2015

Thank you for your review back in April 2010.

My name is Josaia Rayawa ("JR"). My wife, Margie and I are the new Co-General Managers at Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa. We find this a great opportunity for us to introduce ourselves. Margie and I joined Koro Sun Resort in 2014.

We hope to be able to encourage you to come visit Koro Sun again. We are in the throes of including 8 new floating bures/villas on the lagoon, the first of its kind in Fiji.

Do let us know if you want us to keep you in the loop on the progress. My email is jr@korosunresort.com

There are newer reviews for Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa

Reviewed April 6, 2010

My Girlfriend & I were skeptical about coming after word of the recent hurricane. There were a lot of rumors floating around that places were closed and the islands looked dead... Rumors is all they turned out to be! All i can say is Fiji is live! I have never seen anything grow as fast as the trees and plants in Fiji. There were buds on the trees the day we got there and literally by the next day they were leaves. The place went from brown to green as fast as a chameleon! The staff was amazing, never have I been somewhere that has more happy people! The resort was great as well, they offer something for everyone, we stayed in one of the edge water bures and it was awesome! The view was great, it was nice and private, I loved being able to take a swim in the ocean right off the back deck & a dip in the pool in the front yard!
The pictures on the website don't do this resort justice! We will be back again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank motozack522

Reviewed April 6, 2010

I needed a relaxing vacation to escape from Los Angeles and the high paced stress. Fiji seemed like the perfect place.. I checked out Koro Suns website and it felt like a good location for this. Upon arriving I was greeted by singing Fijians who hugged me and acted like I was family. Wow! I couldn't believe how friendly and happy everyone was! I was treated to a relaxing foot soak immediately with coconut scrub & oil! During my stay I attended a "Meke" which was so authentic. The grounds of the resort were beautiful. I was shocked to learn that there was a hurricane very recently... The place was very well maintained & my edgewater condo type "room" had a fantastic view! I indulged in a massage in the rainforest spa, went snorkling, lounged in the pool, had tropical drinks, took scooter rides around the island, went on a dolphin trip and really, really enjoyed the food! A great mix of fresh fish and organic veggies as well as some meals with an international feel... All top notch! The place has an amazing romantic feel to it. My boyfriend and I fell in love all over again. We were sad that the trip had to end so soon! One week was definitely not enough! I look forward so much to my next visit with my new Fijian friends & family.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JennaHaze

Reviewed March 26, 2010

We arrived to a run down uninhabitable so called resort. No hot water, No pools safe to swim in, No outdoor activities operational, Sewerage an issue, No Nothing! Along with two other couples already at this place who were stranded with no phone reception we arranged to be evacuated. Yes there was cylone Tomas damage but this is a place that has been run down for many years and the owner should be ashamed. One person with us had been here 5 years ago and too could not believe the state of the facility. We have the upmost thanks to the wonderful staff who did try to assist and in no way where they to blame. Last Word DO NOT GO!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Cassie03
navale0, Owner at Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2010

I've never before used the right of reply, but this comment which has caused me almost more distress than the cyclone that occasioned it. It was, without doubt, a mistake on my part to re-open so as not to let down the couples who were booked in immediately following Cyclone Tomas. I personally was not able to get into Fiji from overseas for a few days to see the damage for myself. To be frank, we weren't run down we were run-over and we quickly moved to transfer our clients, at our expense, to a five star resort immediately, on the more sheltered side of the peninsula, where damage had been less severe. These were exceptional circumstances and a quick read of any of the 40 odd other reviews of our resort will show you just how 'exceptional' this resort is. The resort was closed following the cyclone and relocation of these guests for a period of a week.
The images the reviewer has used to portray the condition of the resort misrepresent the resort entirely even after the cyclone, without showing the accommodation in which they stayed!

First, Photos of the sign in a bush is 1 of many signs on 150 acre resort development and far from the welcome entrance.

Second, None of the images posted show the accommodation in which the client stayed. They hiked around the resort to look for any photo opportunity to slander us.

Third, They inaccurately posted a photo of a privately owned villa not occupied by the owner nor was it occupied by this client or any guests for that matter!

Fourth The photo of the porch was also NOT their bure nor was that bure occupied by a guest.

The Tennis court is being repaired, swimming pools returned to normal within days, and clean up efforts were actioned immediately. We did not sustain structural damages to our resort and brand new clubhouse, completed in October of last year. We did however see substantial damage to our vegetation , 150 acres of lush gardens, and rainforest in which leaves were blown away. There is already new leaves less than 14 days, with a few rains, and since then is totally greenl again within weeks. Owner, Jack Young

Reviewed March 24, 2010

The trip to Koro Sun was a gift from my boyfriend as a graduation/birthday gift. We researched a lot of different places before we booked Koro Sun. It was a great decision to take our vacation there!
The staff was very helpful and would go out of their way to help us with anything that we could possibly need. They treated us more like friends then guests, and of course always knew us by name! Our first day, we kicked off our trip after the flight from MN with a massage at the spa. Definitely worth the time, it was unbelievable. The adventure trips were a lot of fun. Especially the waterfall and dolphin trips(snorkeling was awesome at dolphin bay)! There is plenty of space and kayaks to adventure near the resort as well. We found many fishing spots for trevalle and barracuda. And of course plenty of snorkeling. The villa that we stayed in was amazing!! We had an ocean side villa....what a beautiful view!! We could snorkle, kayak and fish right off the first floor deck. The plunge pool was also great, it was very hot during our entire 10 days so a quick jump in the cooler water of the plunge pool felt good during the day and all the other pools, they were well maintained. The main resort lobby/bar/dining area was completely rebuilt and opened November 2009. It was also kept very clean, and fresh. The beautiful day beds on their beach were great at the end of the day to relax on before dinner. All the meals were wonderful.
We always had more than enough to eat with the all inclusive meal plan. During our 10 day stay we ate a variety of food, and never the same thing. All the fish is caught locally(obviously), the fruits and vegetables are picked fresh off the land of the resort, the water is as pure as it gets and comes from a stream filtered to every tap, the beef is raised close by to the resort(fresh). Doesn't get much better, I'm still thinking about how good that banana was. Also, we even had some kava ceremonies out at the waterfront restaraunt with the local string band (awesome).
There wasn't one thing we did not enjoy about our stay, everything was so perfect. This is a great part of Fiji to visit, it is so culuturally oriented. It was a perfect distance from Savusavu to run in to tourist the town, but then drive 15 minutes back and the piece and quiet of the resort.
We graciously appreciate everything that every person did for us at the Koro Sun. It feels good to come home knowing we met so many more good friends.

P.S. Cyclone Tomas hit Savusavu shortly after our return to the states. Whatever difficulties it may cause this region, we know that they will rebound quickly at this resort with their hard work and good nature.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank minn_livin

Reviewed March 16, 2010

Fiji and Koro Sun Resort are a once in a lifetime experince,The rain forest spa is a real treat. Try the banana leaf wrap.
Very good side trips with excellent guides.The food and presentation was 4 star..

Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 4, 2010

Beautiful! Brand New Main house is nice. We stayed in a Garden Bure and the Honeymoon Treehouse both of which were clean and very comfortable. The staff was incredibly friendly and went out of their way to do all that the could to make our stay fabulous. We had our wedding there on the beach. They provided Fijian minister, warriers and a choir to make our wedding cultural and traditional. All of the work that went into the wedding was thoughful and designed just as we requested. The food is amazing at the resort. Three meals a day! You will not go hundry. Even snacks were available in the afternoon between meals. If the rains came the staff shuffled activities around so that you still had fun each day and got to do everything on the menu of you chose to. Fiji is relaxed and slow paced. As long as you are too during your stay, you will truely enjoy the Islands! We'll be back! I missed the staff already :)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Savusavu
Daku Resort
#8 of 12 in Savusavu
Emaho Sekawa Resort
Emaho Sekawa Resort
#7 of 12 in Savusavu

Been to Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa? Share your experiences!