We stayed here for 5 nights after 2 nights in 5 star accommodation in Denaru. The rooms are older and the wifi is sparse but the people are great. While the staff in Denaru were polite and attentive the staff at Koro sun seemed genuinely pleased to see you. We were met with a foot soak and massage and sent off with a farewell song. In between we were greeted warmly and often by name, particularly our children.
The food was lovely, fresh and plentiful with lots of vegetables and salads available (far better than what we got in Denaru). There are activities planned for each day you can sign up for, if there is something you particularly want to do they will work it into your stay. The tours are not fancy but they are fun and the scenery is lovely. We also enjoyed kayaking, snorkelling and a walk around bat island.
A big plus for us was the kids club as we were travelling with our 2 boys aged 5 and 3. The kids club staff were flexible with times and happy to accompany us on trips or stay at the club with our boys. I wasn't sure they would want to leave us but our second morning there our 5 year was asking when he could go to kids club and by our third morning our just-turned-3 year was asking. There were tears when we left and a month later our 5 yr old still talks of Bobby, and what toys he can send to the kids club.
The grounds are beautiful and at times it seemed like we were the only guests at the resort, until dinner where we would see the other guests and chat around the bar. Our bure was up the hill some other reviewers have mentioned. It did feel a bit steep after a few times back and forth but I bought a sulu (Fijian version of sarong), tied my 3 yr old on when he didn't want to walk and figured I deserved another cocktail. If you don't want the climb just book a bure down the hill. My husband mentioned curtains to the manager, as our bure had only filmy see through ones and our youngest was waking us at 5.30am with the sun, and we had some up that evening when we returned.
Overall it was a relaxing atmosphere and I got to see some of the real Fiji as well as enjoy a comfortable bed, good food and good company (of people who were previously strangers).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our northern unspoiled location offers you the genuine warmth and friendliness of the Fijian people, beautiful lush tropical surroundings, and warm, impossibly clear waters. In a remote setting that defines paradise, Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa immerses you in a genuine Fijian experience that's nirvana to the core. In the unspoiled native north on "Fiji's other big island" of Vanua Levu, this 160-acre sanctuary was born of a nature lover's dream. The tropical retreat is etched within a coconut plantation that's encircled by lush rainforests at the edge of a stunning private lagoon. From the moment you arrive, the Koro Sun staff embraces you like family. They greet you with a song that welcomes you to your home away from home. Certainly, the Fijians are known around the globe for being the most warm and friendly islands on earth.That hospitality - coupled with our diverse accommodations and recreation - has made Fiji's Koro Sun Resort an international favorite for relaxing holidays, active family vacations and magical romantic getaways. You may experience the latter in our brand new Edgewater Bures, with lagoon front location. Our 43 private bures and villas are spacious, individually appointed decor and fully air-conditioned. Your stay is all-inclusive - from airport transfers to bountiful gourmet fare and a flurry of non-motorized water sport activities and exclusive diving at the world-famous Namena Marine Reserve with Namena Divers Inc now based at Koro Sun Resort. Beverages are additional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koro Sun Hotel Savusavu
- Koro Sun Resort All Inclusive
- Koro Sun Resort And Rainforest Spa Fiji/Savusavu