My sweetheart and I wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of Kauai, (we live here) and had heard that Fiji was like Kauai 75 years ago. We decided on the Koro Sun as our destination. The airline was not very good from Honolulu (AirPacific) LOOONG delays are standard. A new airline started up so I suggest them. As the van pulled into the resort ,(they pick you up the airport), Julie and I were greeted by the staff singing a fijiian welcome song! We were handed a cold coconut with a straw sticking out and led to the reception area where we were treated to a coconut oil, foot and leg massage! That blew me away. The main reason I felt it was like summer camp is that your day starts when you feel like it. You wander down to the open air restaurant and order breakfast, and by some miracle the staff knows you by your first name! If you hear the tanks clanging at the dive shop and decide you feel like diving you can tell your server that you are going diving today and she will pack a lunch for you. Just walk over to the dive shop and tell them to throw on a couple tanks for you. Or if you want to kayak to one of the close Islands you just tell the activity guy your plans and away you go. No tedious booking or planning your day. At the end of the day, most people meet in the great room for an adult beverage and share their experience of the day. We made new friends from around the planet. Unlike a regular hotel where people come and go anonymously, this style of resort makes you feel at home. We were constantly rearranging tables at dinner time so all our new pals could dine together . And to top it off during our stay I never had to pull out my wallet. No tipping and you get charged at the end of your stay for extras. We live on one of the most awesome islands on the planet and this place exceeds it. We had a lump in our throat as we departed for the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our northern unspoiled location offers you the genuine warmth and friendliness of the Fijian people, beautiful lush tropical surroundings, and warm, impossibly clear waters. In a remote setting that defines paradise, Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa immerses you in a genuine Fijian experience that's nirvana to the core. In the unspoiled native north on "Fiji's other big island" of Vanua Levu, this 160-acre sanctuary was born of a nature lover's dream. The tropical retreat is etched within a coconut plantation that's encircled by lush rainforests at the edge of a stunning private lagoon. From the moment you arrive, the Koro Sun staff embraces you like family. They greet you with a song that welcomes you to your home away from home. Certainly, the Fijians are known around the globe for being the most warm and friendly islands on earth.That hospitality - coupled with our diverse accommodations and recreation - has made Fiji's Koro Sun Resort an international favorite for relaxing holidays, active family vacations and magical romantic getaways. You may experience the latter in our brand new Edgewater Bures, with lagoon front location. Our 43 private bures and villas are spacious, individually appointed decor and fully air-conditioned. Your stay is all-inclusive - from airport transfers to bountiful gourmet fare and a flurry of non-motorized water sport activities and exclusive diving at the world-famous Namena Marine Reserve with Namena Divers Inc now based at Koro Sun Resort. Beverages are additional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koro Sun Hotel Savusavu
- Koro Sun Resort All Inclusive
- Koro Sun Resort And Rainforest Spa Fiji/Savusavu