We booked Koro Sun because we would be unplugged for a week. The resort was nice. We stayed in the Honeymoon Bure. A two story tree house style suite. Diamond shaped bed upstairs with 360 degree window view with wrap around balcony. Down Stairs had a soaking tub with shower head, small sink with mini frig (didnt work). Outside another wrap around balcony with plunge pool and outdoor shower. The unit looked nice, the first day. For some reason we had creature (beetles, fruit flies, frogs, geckos and mongoose) issues during our stay. The grounds look nice but could use a bit more TLC. We liked the idea of a rural resort without all the typical comforts of home but we did not expect to not have hot/warm or drinkable water for 2 days. House keeping would do moning and evening turn down services. This was nice, however they never once changed our sheets. We were not adapted to 80 degees with 90% humidity and that caused us to sweat a lot. You can imagine what the sheets were like after a few days. They simply made the bed but did not change anything. Waterslide was fun but the pool on the end made you wonder. It was dirty and frequently was visited by numberous frogs. The slide worked for one day and then was closed for the rest of our stay. The adult pool by the common area was very nice. We spent a lot of time floating around and reading. It rained a lot while we were there. So the golf course looked more like a swamp. One thing we were looking forward to were the meals. Except it left a lot to be desired. I am not sure I really enjoyed any meal and when you had something you liked you were constantly swatting at flies. They do offer activities daily, typically one in the morning (usually a paid trip somewhere) and two afternoon activities. The activity guides John and Manu are exceptional, they are great guys to talk with and both are very funny if you are paying attention. We enjoyed the fact we could grap paddles whenever and go kayaking. We spent a great deal of time on the reef looking at the blue star fish and walking around bat island. If you are looking for a place that is not crowded, not expensive, and permits you to relax at your own speed this is a great place. If you want to keep busy with activities, games and have a party atmosphere look elsewhere. We came here to relax and that is what we did sucessfully. The staff was great, grounds could use some work. Adult pool was relaxing, golfing no comment, diving and snorkling is great. Rooms: i would encourage the steamside bungalo or the overwater units. we looked a both and like them a lot more then the big hike (50 Stairs) to the honeymoon bure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our northern unspoiled location offers you the genuine warmth and friendliness of the Fijian people, beautiful lush tropical surroundings, and warm, impossibly clear waters. In a remote setting that defines paradise, Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa immerses you in a genuine Fijian experience that's nirvana to the core. In the unspoiled native north on "Fiji's other big island" of Vanua Levu, this 160-acre sanctuary was born of a nature lover's dream. The tropical retreat is etched within a coconut plantation that's encircled by lush rainforests at the edge of a stunning private lagoon. From the moment you arrive, the Koro Sun staff embraces you like family. They greet you with a song that welcomes you to your home away from home. Certainly, the Fijians are known around the globe for being the most warm and friendly islands on earth.That hospitality - coupled with our diverse accommodations and recreation - has made Fiji's Koro Sun Resort an international favorite for relaxing holidays, active family vacations and magical romantic getaways. You may experience the latter in our brand new Edgewater Bures, with lagoon front location. Our 43 private bures and villas are spacious, individually appointed decor and fully air-conditioned. Your stay is all-inclusive - from airport transfers to bountiful gourmet fare and a flurry of non-motorized water sport activities and exclusive diving at the world-famous Namena Marine Reserve with Namena Divers Inc now based at Koro Sun Resort. Beverages are additional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koro Sun Hotel Savusavu
- Koro Sun Resort All Inclusive
- Koro Sun Resort And Rainforest Spa Fiji/Savusavu