Stayed at Koro sun for 5 nights. We had bure number 1 – nice and close to the main resort but if the place was full, the pool may be a bit noisy. This resort does not have a beach as such – there is a main road between the resort and the sea. There is a little beach area but it is not ‘swimming beach’ really. You will need to wear shoes in the water. There is a kiddies club for those will little ones. They also have a fabulous spa and although the prices are quite high, the massages were wonderful - very professionally done.
Food: Excellent – well presented, good variety. You request your meals for the next day from a menu given to you at dinner. Three course meals for lunch and dinner, substantial breakfast and even afternoon tea (and snacks at happy hour), so plenty to eat.
Service: Probably the best service we have had in Fiji, or anywhere for that matter. Real personal service here – what a pleasure! All the staff refer to you by name and will do anything possible to make your stay a good one.
Activities: there are guided snorkel trips, diving, a lovely little golf course to play or walk on –not for the serious golfer but great fun for anyone else, 2 pools -an adults only pool which is a great idea and volleyball and other arranged activities daily plus free kayaks and bicycles at your disposal. They are also affiliated with Koro SunDiving but to be honest, we do not recommend diving with them, you can see my separate review for them. There are other dive companies that you can use that are very close by.
Rooms: we had the sea view bure – tea & coffee and fridge in the room. Bed was good, maybe a little hard but I prefer soft beds. It was a 4 poster with mosquito net over it but the room also had bug spray so we kept our doors closed and just sprayed before going to bed and did not need to use the net. The resort backs onto a rainforest and the gardens are luscious and well kept – but there are plenty of mosquitos so bring lots of personal spray - they do supply some at the bar area but really worth taking your own. Aircon was a blessing although the fan works great too. We had a little back private patio and a front patio which overlooked the golf course and the sea. No complaints about the room at all – very private and comfortable. We saw the rainforest ones which are further from the main resort but didn’t feel they were as private although they had their own dip pools, we still preferred where we were.
Getting to and from this island can be a bit tricky so you need to work out the travel first and then see if the nights you want are available. We did it the other way around and ended up having to pay a huge cost for our flight back to Nadi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our northern unspoiled location offers you the genuine warmth and friendliness of the Fijian people, beautiful lush tropical surroundings, and warm, impossibly clear waters. In a remote setting that defines paradise, Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa immerses you in a genuine Fijian experience that's nirvana to the core. In the unspoiled native north on "Fiji's other big island" of Vanua Levu, this 160-acre sanctuary was born of a nature lover's dream. The tropical retreat is etched within a coconut plantation that's encircled by lush rainforests at the edge of a stunning private lagoon. From the moment you arrive, the Koro Sun staff embraces you like family. They greet you with a song that welcomes you to your home away from home. Certainly, the Fijians are known around the globe for being the most warm and friendly islands on earth.That hospitality - coupled with our diverse accommodations and recreation - has made Fiji's Koro Sun Resort an international favorite for relaxing holidays, active family vacations and magical romantic getaways. You may experience the latter in our brand new Edgewater Bures, with lagoon front location. Our 43 private bures and villas are spacious, individually appointed decor and fully air-conditioned. Your stay is all-inclusive - from airport transfers to bountiful gourmet fare and a flurry of non-motorized water sport activities and exclusive diving at the world-famous Namena Marine Reserve with Namena Divers Inc now based at Koro Sun Resort. Beverages are additional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koro Sun Hotel Savusavu
- Koro Sun Resort All Inclusive
- Koro Sun Resort And Rainforest Spa Fiji/Savusavu