Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa
$67
  • Pool
Naveria Heights Lodge(Savusavu)(Great Value!)
$106
Emaho Sekawa Resort(Savusavu)
Daku Resort(Savusavu)
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Eagle Lodge(Savusavu)
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsedgewater bureedge waterfoot massagebanana leafour honeymoonmeal plangarden burenamena diversswim up barseaside restaurantwaterfall tripherbal walkschool visitfishmary roselocal schoolwraps
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Where to begin with Koro Sun Resort? My husband and I picked this beautiful place for our honeymoon and for the most part we were satisfied but there are always things to go wrong.

The good:
The staff is over the top unbelieveable!! There really are no words to describe how amazing the staff really is. Arnold was always there to help when we had a situation come up and Mili the bartender had a smile that could light up the whole room. The food was amazing, everday breakfast, lunch, and dinner! and how can you forget the 3pm pastries everday? those were SO good. We stayed 7 nights in an Edgewater Villa which was so nice, being able to wake up to. the blue ocean every morning was fabulous. The activities guys were so fun and entertaining. Dobbs was our favorite, always there to help us when we needed something. We found it hillarious that they just couldn't get my husbands name right, his name is Buck and they just called him "Bug".

The Bad:
Granted we were in the rainforest the bugs in our Edgewater Villa were a little too much. For the price we paid for the stay at the resort plus our airfare I felt as though little black ants shouldn't be in our bed and we shouldn't have to check our bed everynight for bugs. We were constantly finding HUGE bugs everywhere. The hot water was pretty much non existent and our plunge pool which we were so excited about was SO gross everyday it was never cleaned during our stay. We never had towels or toliet paper we always had to ask. We (along with other guests we met during our stay) believe that for the prices we paid we shouldn't have to "ask" for towels and toliet paper.

And the HUGE issue we found at the resort was with the general manager Michael! We noticed Michael a few days into our stay but he never came to speak to us (or the other 3 couples we made friends with while honeymooning) We finally asked a staff member who he was and when we found out we couldn't believe that he didn't make any effort to mingle and speak with his guests. Although he DID speak to the people who were spending over 100s of dollars at the bar every night. It made us feel as though we didn't spend enough money for him to speak to us! When Michael was around the staff was SO up tight, still friendly but you could tell they didn't like when he was around. What really made us see Michaels true personality was when he was extremely rude with the staff while guests were around. One example, my husband & I were standing at the front desk waiting to confirm activites for the next day when Michael comes up, pretty much pushes me out of the way (still hadn't bothered to speak to us) and interrupted us while we were talking with the front desk to ask for the wifi password then got very rude w/ her when she told him to hold on she would find it when she was finished with us. Being in management you should NEVER speak with to your employees like that in front of guests and there were more times we seen him speak to the staff like that in front of guests.

As the general manager we feel that he should mingle with ALL guests whenever he's around; thank us for traveling to stay at your resort; ask how our stay is going or what you could do to improve your stay. After asking staff members about Michael we all got the same response "he doesn't respect us" "treats us terribly" So we asked when the Owners are around how things are ran same response "they are wonderful people to us, never make us feel bad about anything" "we love the owners" "the owners aren't here enough to see how Michael really runs things" & we has guests could truely see that!!

Overall our stay at Koro Sun was pleasant, things could have went better with some issues but at the end of the day my husband and I are married and were able to experience a dream honeymoon in the Fiji Islands. We were also told by the staff that the owners daughter is getting married this month as well, so Congrats to her!

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank dan1e1e
Josaia R, General Manager at Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2015

Thank you for your review back in October 2012.

My name is Josaia Rayawa ("JR"). My wife, Margie and I are the new Co-General Managers at Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa. We find this a great opportunity for us to introduce ourselves. Margie and I joined Koro Sun Resort in 2014.

We hope to be able to encourage you to come visit Koro Sun again. We are in the throes of including 8 new floating bures/villas on the lagoon, the first of its kind in Fiji.

Do let us know if you want us to keep you in the loop on the progress. My email is jr@korosunresort.com

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My new husband and I wanted a retreat away from it all... this definitely fulfilled that. Set in a natural rainforest, you couldn't ask for more beauty. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, the food is EXCELLENT-high quality, fancy, and something different with every meal. Fresh homemade bread, muffins, great coffee, delicious desserts. The accommodations are unique and exotic and definitely give you the 'escape' feel. We stayed the first half in an ocean view bure and loved the canopy bed and outdoor shower. The second half we were upgraded for free as honeymooners to the Lighthouse Villa with a private deck and pool with view to the sea, an excellent view when you wake up in the morning. The resort is fabulous - we loved all of the excursions as well, so much fun and moderately priced. A great location for honeymooners!!!

Room Tip: Ocean view bure and lighthouse villa are both great
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for five nights, and it was a very pleasurable experience! My plan was to propose to my girlfriend in Fiji so I contacted Koro Sun two weeks before my stay there and asked for recommendations for the perfect proposal setting. The staff gave me numerous options, such as picnic day trips to nearby islands or different private candlelit dinner settings at sunset. When we arrived, we received a warm welcome by the staff and.a pleasant surprise, a coconut scrub food massage. Shortly after my girlfriend went down for a nap, I snuck away to talk to the operations manager, Arnold. He brought me on a tour and showed me the Seaside Restaurant, pond, beach, and the lighthouse as options for a proposal setting, and he continued coming up with new great ideas. At the end, I chose to propose at their lighthouse, which was on the ocean. Arnold offered to let us stay at the lighthouse bure for the remainder of or trip without having to pay for the upgrade. He didn't care about the money but more about us having an amazing proposal trip/experience!. The proposal dinner couldn't have gone better. The views were amazing. The staff had decorated the dinner area with lanterns, rose petals, flowers, and beautiful table linens. The staff was very good at keeping my secret of the proposal, since my girlfriend was very surprised and happy!

Outside of the proposal experience, the staff has been very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. They offered us multiple suggestions for activities and answered any questions we had about traveling through the nearby areas and the best places to snorkel. The staff called us both by our first names, which made us feel very comfortable and part of the resort "family." We were always able to keep busy with the day's activities (I.e. tennis, golfing, kayaking, or just laying by the pool).

Approaching our final days of the trip, we found out that the airport we were flying out of had temporarily closed for maintenance. The staff immediately reconfirmed a new flight for us out of a different airport. It was very nice to not have to worry about dealing with the airlines/airports ourselves.

In summary, we could not have hoped for a better experience at Koro Sun Resort. We would highly recommend anyone to come stay here!!

Room Tip: The lighthouse is a great place to stay. It has amazing views, very private, quiet, and relaxing.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had a fantastic holiday. We were there on our honeymoon and felt very relaxed by the end of the holiday. Our room was upgraded for us to the honeymoon bure- amazing!! All if the staff knew you and always said hello and the operations manager (Albert) was very helpful and made the effort to speak to us every day. You really do feel like family when you leave.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in Fiji and spent our first week at the Koro Sun. We wanted to experience a more local flavor of Fiji and the Koro Sun was a perfect find. The lush gardens, amazing lily ponds and beautiful walkways were very unique and special and are in my memories forever. The people were wonderful in their graciousness, gentle spirits and desire to make our trip whatever we wanted it to be. Niomi, Johnny and Eva were some of the staff that we remember best but all were wonderful to us. The manager Michael took the time to get to know us personally and to make sure our needs were met, we enjoyed even running into him on another leg of our trip. All the best to you Michael, you have a truly unique resort! We also got to spend time with Joe/visiting to help with the resort, we hope to meet up with you again one day! All the visitors we met were lovely people seeking the same type of experience we were. We loved the food and referred to it as 5 star, real local flavors, plentiful choices, presented in a lovely way in a relaxed perfect setting. The activities were great, we especially enjoyed our bat island kayak, hiking and cave swimming experience, and also loved the school tour and the waterfal tour that included a village visit. All the activities we went on were free of charge along with free use of the kayaks, bikes, tennis courts/equipment, croquet, etc. We enjoyed happy hour at the gorgeous open air bar and the Meke local entertainment and Kava nights. We stayed in an edgewater room which was huge, on the lagoon, with two floors, two balconies, a kitchen, private pool and sitting/garden area with gorgeous peaceful views of the changing sea tides. I loved this beautiful place/people.

Room Tip: The Edgewater bures are fabulous, but there are many options.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple