Where to begin with Koro Sun Resort? My husband and I picked this beautiful place for our honeymoon and for the most part we were satisfied but there are always things to go wrong.
The staff is over the top unbelieveable!! There really are no words to describe how amazing the staff really is. Arnold was always there to help when we had a situation come up and Mili the bartender had a smile that could light up the whole room. The food was amazing, everday breakfast, lunch, and dinner! and how can you forget the 3pm pastries everday? those were SO good. We stayed 7 nights in an Edgewater Villa which was so nice, being able to wake up to. the blue ocean every morning was fabulous. The activities guys were so fun and entertaining. Dobbs was our favorite, always there to help us when we needed something. We found it hillarious that they just couldn't get my husbands name right, his name is Buck and they just called him "Bug".
Granted we were in the rainforest the bugs in our Edgewater Villa were a little too much. For the price we paid for the stay at the resort plus our airfare I felt as though little black ants shouldn't be in our bed and we shouldn't have to check our bed everynight for bugs. We were constantly finding HUGE bugs everywhere. The hot water was pretty much non existent and our plunge pool which we were so excited about was SO gross everyday it was never cleaned during our stay. We never had towels or toliet paper we always had to ask. We (along with other guests we met during our stay) believe that for the prices we paid we shouldn't have to "ask" for towels and toliet paper.
And the HUGE issue we found at the resort was with the general manager Michael! We noticed Michael a few days into our stay but he never came to speak to us (or the other 3 couples we made friends with while honeymooning) We finally asked a staff member who he was and when we found out we couldn't believe that he didn't make any effort to mingle and speak with his guests. Although he DID speak to the people who were spending over 100s of dollars at the bar every night. It made us feel as though we didn't spend enough money for him to speak to us! When Michael was around the staff was SO up tight, still friendly but you could tell they didn't like when he was around. What really made us see Michaels true personality was when he was extremely rude with the staff while guests were around. One example, my husband & I were standing at the front desk waiting to confirm activites for the next day when Michael comes up, pretty much pushes me out of the way (still hadn't bothered to speak to us) and interrupted us while we were talking with the front desk to ask for the wifi password then got very rude w/ her when she told him to hold on she would find it when she was finished with us. Being in management you should NEVER speak with to your employees like that in front of guests and there were more times we seen him speak to the staff like that in front of guests.
As the general manager we feel that he should mingle with ALL guests whenever he's around; thank us for traveling to stay at your resort; ask how our stay is going or what you could do to improve your stay. After asking staff members about Michael we all got the same response "he doesn't respect us" "treats us terribly" So we asked when the Owners are around how things are ran same response "they are wonderful people to us, never make us feel bad about anything" "we love the owners" "the owners aren't here enough to see how Michael really runs things" & we has guests could truely see that!!
Overall our stay at Koro Sun was pleasant, things could have went better with some issues but at the end of the day my husband and I are married and were able to experience a dream honeymoon in the Fiji Islands. We were also told by the staff that the owners daughter is getting married this month as well, so Congrats to her!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our northern unspoiled location offers you the genuine warmth and friendliness of the Fijian people, beautiful lush tropical surroundings, and warm, impossibly clear waters. In a remote setting that defines paradise, Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa immerses you in a genuine Fijian experience that's nirvana to the core. In the unspoiled native north on "Fiji's other big island" of Vanua Levu, this 160-acre sanctuary was born of a nature lover's dream. The tropical retreat is etched within a coconut plantation that's encircled by lush rainforests at the edge of a stunning private lagoon. From the moment you arrive, the Koro Sun staff embraces you like family. They greet you with a song that welcomes you to your home away from home. Certainly, the Fijians are known around the globe for being the most warm and friendly islands on earth.That hospitality - coupled with our diverse accommodations and recreation - has made Fiji's Koro Sun Resort an international favorite for relaxing holidays, active family vacations and magical romantic getaways. You may experience the latter in our brand new Edgewater Bures, with lagoon front location. Our 43 private bures and villas are spacious, individually appointed decor and fully air-conditioned. Your stay is all-inclusive - from airport transfers to bountiful gourmet fare and a flurry of non-motorized water sport activities and exclusive diving at the world-famous Namena Marine Reserve with Namena Divers Inc now based at Koro Sun Resort. Beverages are additional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koro Sun Hotel Savusavu
- Koro Sun Resort All Inclusive
- Koro Sun Resort And Rainforest Spa Fiji/Savusavu