Stayed as part of a family holiday in 2006.
Nice resort with many strengths, but overall I felt it was expensive out of all proportion to what is offered. All aspects of the resort were OK to good, but not in keeping with what I would expect based on price.
The bungalow was nice, but very basic. No TV radio etc. At least they
could offer a sound system to plug in an iPod. I appreciate they market themselves as an eco resort. but for smaller kids the ability to watch a video once in while is pretty standard these days.
The pool area was also nice, but the kids are hearded out the back to a pretty miserable pool area. They are not allowed in the main pool area. Hence if i wanted to swim with my kids, I had to sit by the kids pool. It was fine for kids, but lousy for me (no service, no where to sit etc etc). This alone turned me off the resort. I dont
want to be seperated from my kids all day.
The food was nice, but nothing special. The service was, well, Fijian. Slow, often forgot requests and missed courses.
The beach was nice for snorkling. The dive shop is excellent, great staff, but pretty expensive.
Would I return ? Well, I am, but only after family pressure. I am not looking forward to going, and was secretly hoping that the political tensions in Fiji would prevent the trip, but no such luck. Frankly, for the $, I would much rather stay somewhere high end near the Barrier reef, but thats me.
It is interesting that Trip Advisor rates the resort at 3 stars. That
is absolutely spot on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Boutique Eco-Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jean-Michel Cousteau Fiji Islands Hotel Savusavu
- Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort Fiji/Savusavu