Just arrived at the resort before Cylcone Evan came past, however within a day or two you would not have known, grounds staff had the place cleaned up in no time. If you have small children then this is the place to go, its the only resort were YOU get to have a holiday as well as the kids. I'm a big eater, but by the 3rd day I was skipping meals as I could just not eat anymore of the mouthwatering food on offer, the food is to die for. The staff will cater for your every need, as we missed some activities due to the cyclone, Mark, the resort manager, made sure we got to do everything we wanted, arranging private tours just for us. Its just great knowing that you can relax with peace of mind, as your kids are in the best of hands and having the time of thier lives. The nannies devote 100% "one on one" attention to the smaller kids (under 6) while the older kids will not want to know you as they buzz arround with their buddies. I Was a little disapointed that the staff failed to recognise my wife's B'day, I thought they may have supprised her with some music or a cake or something, but as I say, things were a bit out of sorts while we were there due to the cyclone - maybe they just forgot.
Yes its expensive, and if you just want white sandy beaches and an airconditioned room, perhaps just stay somewhere local, have take out each night and make sure someones watching the kids at all times. If you want a totally relaxing holiday without the kids in your ear every 5 mins, then take them to JMC - They will thank you for it! This place is paradise, if you only ever go once just do it - its worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Boutique Eco-Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jean-Michel Cousteau Fiji Islands Hotel Savusavu
- Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort Fiji/Savusavu