“Best food ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Surf And Turf

Surf And Turf
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Savusavu
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Best food ever!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Fantastic food and lovely owners! Everything from the curries to the seafood was absolutely delicious! You must eat there if you find yourself in Savusavu!

Succasunna, New Jersey
“Good Food, Terrible Service”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The food here was good, but wow was the service awful. It took them over an hour and a half to get my food out. It was delicious, but luckily I wasn't starving when I arrived. Make sure you don't show up hungry!

Taveuni
“some of the best food in all of fiji”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have eaten at the Surf and Turf about 8 times. The quality of food and expertise of ingredients is the best I have seen in Fiji. I live in Fiji and good food is actually hard to come by. Whenever I go to Savusavu I really look forward to eating at Surf and Turf. The owner is a very nice Indian man who is more than happy to share his experiences of cooking all over the world as well as being one of the top chef's at the Cousteau Resort for years. He also catches most of the fresh seafood that is served at the restaurant. It is really an inspiration to see a locally owned restaurant of this calibur. His knowledge of flavors and exotic sauces are all blended into a wonderful mix of local Fijian, Indian, and western tastes. The coconut and coffee ice cream is also homemade and probably the best I've ever had. Good job Surf And Turf. Can't wait to come back.

1 Thank divedork
Denver, Colorado
“Nice food. Very expensive. Way, way, way too slow.”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I ate here 3 times.

First time: Only one other table of two when I ordered. Food took close to an hour. The seafood platter for F$80 was okay but nothing special and not the portion I expected for the price. I ordered an app of calamari afterword, too.

Second time: Went with 2 others, one of whom was a local. We each ordered fish n chips. Again, it took about an hour. Service is slower in Fiji than I am used to, but even the local complained about the service.

Third time: It was busy when I arrived, but I thought I could get it done if I ordered immediately. I sat immediately at an open table, getting my own menu from the front (learned to save 10 minutes or more waiting for a menu previously). I ordered a beer an a shrimp app immediately. They said they would be back soon to take my lunch order. They never came back and each time I flagged them down they said they'd be over shortly. My app came over an hour later and then they asked to take my order. I said I didn't want to order anymore due to time. To add insult to injury, the F$15 app of Tiger Prawns was 3 regular-sized (pinky-size) shrimp.

The woman who owns this place is super-nice. I hate to give them a bad review. However, her husband sits around and does nothing while she scrambles to take orders, deliver drinks, delivers food and handles bills. Meanwhile the kitchen is backed up, also.

The food is somewhat different than the other standard fare around town. However, the prices are unjustifiably very high. And the service is unacceptable. I stopped going entirely.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank scott s
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The food was OK but the service not so much. The moment the waiter literally threw the menu on my table was the moment I should have left. It didn't get much better and ended with the waitress taking the food away without asking if I had finished (which luckily I had). The food was very nice but I would rather eat somewhere with less nice food but better service.

Visited June 2013