My wife & I decided to travel to beautiful Fiji to celebrate my 70th birthday . We were initially unsure about having to fly 40 mins from Nadi , then an hour in a van, before arriving at the wharf for the 5 min. trip to the Island. IT WAS WELL WORTH IT.
The welcome on the beach was genuine & generous.Formalities quickly over with , we settled into a lobster salad for lunch & the mornings trip was quickly forgotten !!
Without going into fine details , the whole Resort was fantastic, from the ever friendly & smiling staff , the everchanging food each day , the beach & snorkelling . The Bures were roomy & comfortable , with plenty of fans for cooling .Don't expect marble bathrooms or 6 star "wine lists" , this is not what Nukubati is about.
During our week there we met various (much younger ) couples , mostly on honeymoon. We really also enjoyed chatting with Gordon of an evening & learning a little of the history of the Island & Resort.
It is probably not the place for couples who want to be on the go constantly, though water sports are available, subject to tides. Fishing ( at $US extra ) is plentiful.
All in all , for a quiet , relaxing holiday in a superb location , Nukubati takes some beating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Inclusive ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nukubati Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nukubati Private Island Great Sea Reef Hotel Labasa
- Nukubati Island Hotel
- Nukubati Island Resort All Inclusive
- Nukubati Private Island Fiji/Labasa