“If my dreams had dreams..”

Turtle Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Turtle Island
Destin, Florida
“If my dreams had dreams..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

You can look at pictures, videos, read reviews (like this one), but you can't begin to fathom the paradise that awaits you at Turtle Island.

The beauty cannot be topped. Not only is the island and the amenities incredible, but so are the people. The staff from the beginning til the end treats you like family, and it's very genuine. They are beautiful and warm people who truly help make this experience above any other vacation destination.

My wife and I, being a same sex couple on our honeymoon, had no idea what to expect from the fijian people or the Turtle Island staff. Once we got off the seaplane, it was never thought of again. There was no problem, no double take glances, not a thing. We were just the honeymooners in Burre 15 who spent every night sharing Kava with the staff.

Alex, the general manager, and the Momma and Poppa staff are beyond accommodating. Alex has a way to make every meal more fun than the last with his amazing humor. Your momma or poppa will know what you want and when you want it before you even do!

You will NOT be able to find any place like this! Turtle Island is a one of a kind and a must for your next vacation.

Bula Family!!! Can't wait to return home!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Tddeprie

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

We have just returned from our second trip to Turtle Island and rest assured that like fine wine it gets better with time. On our first visit (honeymoon) we had the pleasure of meeting Alex, the general manager. Three years later, the island and resort have flourished under his guidance. From landscaping to create more open beaches, room renovations, a new spa, a new bar area, so many changes for the better have taken place in the past three years that we cannot wait for our next trip!

As noted in many reviews the staff is attuned to guests' needs and wants and they truly become family. From fishing trips with the fabulous activity staff (thanks Maika!) to the great entertainment the staff provides you will never feel that you are missing out on a thing. Or, if you prefer, the staff is happy to indulge you in doing nothing but relaxing. This is the only vacation that I've ever been on that where I can truly relax and get away from it all. We would (and do) recommend it to anyone seeking to unplug and escape to paradise. The only negative moment of our trip was when we had to put shoes on as we were leaving!

I would never have thought that our second trip could top our first, but it did. We are looking forward to seeing the results of the current projects on our next trip and to see if perfection can again be topped.

Room Tip: We have stayed at Vonu Point both times and would recommend it if available. The extra views and in...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KNL4811
Natchitoches, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Turtle island
No words can describe the suburb service , family atmosphere , and wonderful surroundings ......scenery and grounds pristine !!!

Service there when needed , not intrusive to a couple retreat !!!

If your looking to go to paradise and want to be engulfed by a true family atmosphere , turtle island and family is the place to go.

Soro can carve you a wood turtle , Bill will serve a marvelous mojito, Arthur keeps spirit alive , mama lai and jerry are most accommodating !!!

Beautiful people , the surroundings are just extra

Highly recommend

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LBanks0503
Zionsville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Think of your best vacation ever…and now ask: Did you leave that vacation with at least 20 more friends than you arrived with? Did you learn about others and in return learn more about yourself? Were you able to fall in love with your spouse (or significant other) all over again? Was your experience life changing?

I can positively say yes to all those questions because I’ve experienced Turtle Island. Pictures and can show you the beauty of an island in the South Pacific, but only by visiting Turtle Island can you experience the true beauty of the people. Some are the people on the Turtle Island team, but you can also meet people from Australia, California, New Jersey and maybe even Indiana (hopefully it will be me back again.) Everyone comes for different reasons, but we all leave feeling a little better about humanity than we experience on the nightly news.

In short, Turtle Island is a life changing experience and I can’t wait to go back. I hope you will also invest in your relationship/life and experience Turtle Island.

Room Tip: All are great!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank AdrianKavaKing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Bula Alex and your amazing team!

We've come back down to earth with a thud after our stunning stay on Turtle Island. We had a large extended family holiday for a 50th wedding anniversary, 70th bday and 40th bday. I could easily repeat what so many other have said about the family of staff who took us in, cared for us, laughed with us and cried with us (on leaving). All the praise is so well deserved. So in this review I'll just extend my huge thanks for the kids club team who made our boys stay an adventure of a lifetime. We were looking forward to spending time with our buys 6 & 8, but ended up seeing them off at breakfast and finding them fast asleep at night in our bure. We had to beg at times for them to come hang out with us....

The whole kids team was amazing, but huge thanks to Seta & Nakama who were so perfectly matched to our boys. They are missing you already. Not once was I concerned about what they were doing or where they were. They were cared for so well. They had so many adventures like horse riding, their first camping out over night experience with a sunrise breakfast, singing and dancing, snorkelling, crag hunting, dive bombs off the pontoon for hours on end, the list goes on. The best thing was there were no Ipads in sight! We have since arrived at another resort which is very good but we no longer feel like we are part of the family or sometimes even in Fiji.

Turtle Island is a an amazing treat to be able to visit and will never be forgotten. We have made some true friends from the US too who will hopefully meet us there again next year. You better stock up on the 'breakfast rum', Kettle Vodka and Cloudy Bay Chardonnay ;) We will definitely be back next Easter and are looking forward to seeing you all again.

Our sincere thanks and
Vinka Vakalevu

Love Fi Sam Eli & Ethan

Room Tip: we had room 12 which was great for kids club access. There aren't any bad rooms or positions.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Fi F
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

What an amazing adventure and blessing to become part of the Turtle Island family... I arrived with fairly high expectations and each were exceeded - understanding that my expectations are built around fabulous people, amazing surroundings and low-key time to recharge (not gold gilded bidets). I have been blessed with the ability to travel to many destinations around the globe and found Turtle Island to be perfectly suited for me. Above all the Fijian people on the island are the most welcoming and joyous people I have come across who always have a smile and genuine hug for you. There is no way to begin to mention them all but for starters mama Taru (biggest smile, greatest laugh and best hugs every), Arthur (you dancing machine), Bill (well, what can I say - he's a man of many surprises, Mike (my fishing and snorkeling super guide).... the list goes on, and on, and on.... Every need met and most often anticipated. The church service was amazing as this Godly group of people worship with sincere passion - their singing each day can only bring joy. Richard created an environment to bring joy and happiness to visitors - you just have to let go and let yourself experience all of it - Thank you for that Richard...

Alex (General Manager) bent over backwards to make certain every detail was taken care of and was always just a nod away to make something special happen. He is genuine in every way and someone I gladly call a friend.

An emotional departure but not before I signed up for my next stay.. Vinaka vaka levu my Turtle Island family and see you again soon!

Room Tip: If I told you then you may be in it when I want to return! But, Vonu Point is great as it is a spec...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank cpa1
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

My wife and I went to Turtle for our 40th anniversary in mid October of 2013. It was a "trip of a lifetime" and we hope to return someday. Alex, the host was the best, and Momma Tokasa was a gem and took care of all our needs. Time virtually stood still and although we were only on Turtle Island for 8 days, it felt like we were there for a month!
So much to do and the food was excellent!
We would recommend this trip to everyone and already have several times.
Dave and Kathy J

#1 of 1 in Nanuya
Yasawa Island Resort and Spa
Yasawa Island Resort and Spa
#1 of 1 in Yasawa Island

Been to Turtle Island Resort? Share your experiences!