“Beautiful place like a paradise”

Dolphin Bay Divers Retreat
“Beautiful place like a paradise”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

It's the most beautiful and peaceful place in Fiji!! We stayed there for 3 nights and enjoyed it very much. There are 2 dogs called Keshi and Leka, they are really lovely and also have some cats, all animals are very cute. We also enjoyed diving and snorkelling, the coral is colorful and the sea is clear. If you have time, dont forget to climb to the mountain, you will see the great view.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank KennethYeh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 15, 2013

First of all, the resort which I was at, is on Vanua Levu, the Guesthouse and the bungalow (which are both different but good), are on Taveuni. BUT the resort is closest to all the diving, so this is where you want to be if you want to dive. And that was absolutely the best ever! Soft corals, colors, fish, great guides and thez actually show you things.
I stayed in a jungle tent as I was on a budget and they were great. Clean and comfortable. All the staff was Fijian friendly, always with a smile. I am vegan, so it is hard to please me and that they did. Martina and Rese made up amazing things for me to eat.
The white sandy beach, snorkeling and swimming are good for an afternoon on the beach. I also opted for a trip to Tuvalu Island, they are Polynesians and werde doing an amzing dance with drums. Do not forget to treat yourself to a massage on the beach!
Will I come back? For SURE!

Room Tip: The white Jungle Tents are bigger, but also a bit more expensive. Ask for a hammock when you get in
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank hotballon18
dolphinbaydiversfiji, Owner at Dolphin Bay Divers Retreat, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Bula you two,
So glad you enjoyed the fish life and diving. Sorry, I did not get to spend more time with you though. Thanks on the Sydney arrival and travel insides, which is very helpful. We do afternoon boat dives if requested, but we were down 2 guides at the time, sorry:-(. We hired an additional instructor in the meantime, so this should make up for it.
I really hope do see you back sometime so we, you, me and my new camera:-) can dive together!
Viola
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Had a good look around tavenui and the immediate area and have to say I was hugely disappointed. As trip advisor ambassador I always try to be impartial and have plenty to say as I have been in dozens of countries this year alone. Dolphin bay divers is the ONLY place I found with any real feeling of joy and relaxation about it. The rest of the resorts up and down the coast stand as a testement to the failure of tourism in this beautiful place. I was literally embarrassed by the appalling lack of effort, style and management of almost all the resorts I visited. Anyone visiting this area should start at Dolphin bay divers first and use that as the yardstick for the rest of your trip. This is a real place run by real people.I chose a jungle tent which was fab and I can highly recommend the entire setup there. This is how places should be. If the rediculous american run pizza and steak resorts could get their heads round it they may start contributing to the tourism industry on Taveuni. Not everyone is brain dead! Sorry if I sound extreme but as I have said, most of the rest are just an embarrassment to these islands and the delightful and hardworking locals. Congratulations to Roland and all the team . Keep doing what your doing. Nobody else is! 10/10

Room Tip: This is not just for divers, all will find this a great place
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank julesfish1
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We spent 5 days with Dolphin Bay Divers. The diving was good and I am hard to please when it comes to reefs. The setup was professional and fun. We stayed in the jungle tents which were very good value for money and when the quality of staff and food are thrown in, this makes for a very different and perfect hang out for any number of days/weeks. Would love to go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diverupe
London
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed with the Dolphin Bay Divers team in October 2012 for a week and enjoyed everything about it. I stayed in a "tent" which was perfect for me, with two little beds off the floor which made it feel like a proper home of my own following dorm stays on other islands. The diving on the Rainbow Reef was beautiful. Go with all the recommendations about the white wall and the purple wall, but the other dives are all beautiful too. The rest stop on Fiji Fiji is also idyllic. The Dolphin Bay team look after your every need with delicious meals three times a day, games in the evenings, singing, massages, walks to the top of the hill. They will always remind you never to sit under the coconut trees too! Its a lovely place to stay, I would recommend it to anyone, especially good if you are travelling alone or diving with a bit of a budget in mind. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
dolphinbaydiversfiji, Owner at Dolphin Bay Divers Retreat, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Vinaka vakalevu!
We all loved to have you with us! Thanks for the Jungle Tent compliments as we are trying to provide an alternative to a dorm and like privacy.
Safe diving!
Roland
Sydney
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a good place to stay, particularly if you are into diving. There are 30 dives within a 10 minute boat ride on the Somosomo Strait, and the density and diversity of both corals and fish is amazing. We did 13 dives in the week we stayed here, including a night dive. Being fairly new to diving, it took us a couple of days to adjust to the currents here - they can be quite strong - but we soon learnt to trust the knowledge of the Dolphin Bay crew, and we ended up loving it. The resort itself is of moderate standard, but perfectly comfortable, and there are lovely beaches and jungle to explore. The food was tasty and plentiful - we particularly liked all the fresh fruit and vegetables - and we made friends with many of the Fijian staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mapipem
Bula,
We are glad you enjoyed it with us, especially the diving! A little more diving on each of your trips;-)
Many more beautiful dives!
Roland and the whole Dolphin Bay Team
munich
Reviewed January 19, 2013

No idea where to begin. We booked a jungle tent, thinking it is a tent. It is - but with EVERYTHING-even turn down service at night! A very comfortable double bed, hammock, the whole nine yards.very clean,mosquito screens, closet. The food was amazing, for sure THE BEST in Fiji. There is an open kitchen with 2 great chefs. All very clean and a great bar, thank you Eroty, I won a try me cocktail because I won the coconut bowling. Then of course there is the diving. We were on Kadavu before which had long rides to the dive sites. This is really the closest resort to all the dive sites. We went back during surface interval and then were back for a beautiful lunch. In the afternoon we went snorkeling or back into the hammock. You have to visit Kioa when you are there. A small island inhabited by Tuvalans, very great expedience! We did a trip to the waterfalls and Kammal took us around Taveuni, explaining a bit of the history. At the beginning we mentioned that we were on our honeymoon (well got married 2 years before) but one night they prepared a romantic dinner for the 2 of us on the beach, candle light, cake - it was amazing! The only regret was not being able to stay longer, to stay, to check out the bure on Taveuni anx to get more massages on the beach, thank you Pa and Kathy! Amazing staff and owner, seems like they are a big family and you are Welcome! We definitely will be back!

Room Tip: the bure are great as they have bath rooms but they were booked so we took the jungle tents which we...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 3 in Matei
Coconut Grove Beachfront Cottages
The Remote Resort - Fiji Islands
Maravu Taveuni Lodge

Been to Dolphin Bay Divers Retreat? Share your experiences!