“Truly Paradise”
Review of Paradise Taveuni

Paradise Taveuni
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Taveuni Island
Reviewed September 18, 2010

My husband and I just returned from the most fabulous trip to Paradise Taveuni. We spent my husbands 40th birthday while we were there, they baked him a cake and all the guests shared in while we sang him Happy Birthday. This resort has a very family orientated feeling, with the owner and their children living right there. The food was excellent. The staff was truly exceptionally. There is no beach at this resort but this makes for great snorkeling. The sea life was the best I have ever snorkeled in. We made many friends and memories. If you are looking for a quite secluded getaway Paradise Taveuni is for you.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 16, 2010

To Terri, Allan, and the entire staff,

Thank you so very much for an unforgettable anniversary week in Paradise. You have created an atmosphere that is adventurous, luxurious, romantic, and relaxing all at the same time. Your Paradise family opened their arms to a couple of weary travelers from the USA and we experienced an adventure that we will never forget. It would be easy to think only of the beautiful surroundings and ample amenities, but it is the people of Paradise that make your place so very special. A touch of Paradise with nary a hint of commercialism – you guys are doing it right! Our farewells at the last night’s dinner were among the most difficult we’ve ever faced in our travels. We really did not want to leave our new family. The warm memories will linger forever. And we are already looking forward to our return trip someday!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2010

I'm starting by saying I can't wait to get back. I have done a lot of travelling in the past, but this stay at Paradise was a true 'holiday'. The food, ambience, accommodation, activities, amenities were fantastic. Within one day, I was relaxed, taking in the view, breathing in the tranquility, and somehow this feeling was morhping through my body and I'm relaxed, happy and carefree. Every stressed out Mum or Dad should go to this resort and wind down. In fact since I've returned home all my friends and family can't believe how relaxed I am. It is really beautiful at Paradise! I saw a pod of Dolphins (approximately 40!), 3 basking humback whales whilst just standing at the edge of the horizon pool, looking out at the ocean. Right in front of the resort is reef, so you can snorkel, or just layback on the deckchairs and take it all in. There's also these amazingly comfortable hammocks strung up between the palm trees, which are just perfect for daydreaming or a good book or snoozing of course. The Bures are very well appointed, and I loved the outdoor shower and spa. Every effort is made to ensure you are comfortable and at ease without being over-the-top or intrusive. The staff are adorable, and my goodness the serenaders during and after dinner have the voices of angels. I have previously holidayed in Fiji, but this is the best yet. When I go back next time, I'd like to try the waterfall tour as everyone raved about it. I did venture out to the reef for the morning and that was awesome - so many fish, beautiful coral, and the temperature of the water was just perfect. I implore anyone who's stressed out/run down, get yourself to Paradise at Taveuni. You so won't regret it..

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2010

My husband and I with 3 other friends stayed at the PT July 8-12. The resort is located in a remote part of the island and the drive over took through some beautiful terrain. The welcome and resort location is fantastic and we stayed in the Papaya bungalow. The service and staff were really great, however there were some things that happened that made our stay not so great. First they nickle and dime you on soft drinks and juice. We upgraded our meal package and it still did not include soft drinks and juice, huh? We then went for 3 days with our hot water at the inside and outside showers. Terrible! When I mentioned at dinner that maybe they should comp our soda and juice for the all the trouble they put us through, the assistant manager (the owners son I believe) said "no". He then rethought his response and reluctantly comped our drinks, huh? When I this boiled my blood so I asked him to comp our sodas and juice for the rest of our visit and was flatly and rudely denied. If you want to use the w ifi beware. They make their staff "hover" around you and time your usage and bill you. So rude! You fly all this way, take a 90 min. ride to the place and they nickle and dime you on wi fi, huh? The diving facilities are very basic with no where to store your gear except a locker with everyone else. Several times they took my husbands fins and loaded them on a different dive boat. A few cubbies with some plastic baskets would solve this problem, but when our friend made some recommendations to the dive manager, he said, "not interested" we get the business because we are connected to the resort, huh? I have to say that the staff was fantastic and I felt sorry for them to have to work with such bad management. Lastly, they ran out of fresh fruit for breakfast. Will not go back unless they include soda/juice, free wi fi and spruce up the dive are.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Xlady
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I wished I had booked it through Wotif when it was running a special for $100/night/room. For what I have paid, I think the resort is over-rated, but the food is fantastic. Diving at the Vuna lagoon is not as pretty as diving at Rainbow Reef. If you wish to dive at Rainbow Reef, better to stay near Matei. Also near the resort, the villagers have been dumping rubbish and cow carcass in the sea. Not a pretty sight. I like the pool and also like the fish feeding in front of the resort. The dive operator is good but remember if you stay here and wish to dive the Rainbow Reef, you will have to pay fuel surcharges, which really doesn't make the price competitive. Btw, lots of cane toads in the resort ground, and flies.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Synapsegaba
Reviewed July 19, 2010

we stayed 7 days and wished we had stayed longer .It is a great location with excellent staff .The diving was fantastic with many different sites on offer .THe dive staff were freindly and knoweldgable .The dive operation was efficient and well run .
The resort exceeded our expectations all round- having travelled in fiji for the past 12 years or more this is one of the best spots we have been to .A great place for a romatic geaway and yet it coped with teenage boys very well .We will come back and re visit

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We traveled to Paradise Taveuni for our daughter's high school graduation. Upon arrival, we were given the fabulous foot rubs and were told that they were giving our daughter her own Bure! That was a very pleasant and nice surprise. The staff at this small gem of a place were so incredible...I can't say enough about them. Mikeali was absolutely the best and I was so sad to have to say goodbye to him. Oni gave our daughter a necklace she was wearing and the list goes on. The dive shop was first rate and the massages to die for.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
#4 of 4 in Matei
Qamea Resort And Spa Fiji
Qamea Resort And Spa Fiji
#1 of 1 in Qamea Island

Been to Paradise Taveuni? Share your experiences!